Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSC told me "No more loaner Model S cars for Roadster owners"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if OP has had "issues" with previous loaners. I got an Enterprise loaner, valet to me... took all of 2 minutes. No fuss, no muss.

It was made clear to me that this wasn't because they were short on Model S's, or that this new policy applied to everyone. It was explained to me that "We are no longer giving Roadster owners Model S loaners."

I'm not asking to be treated differently than other customers; I'm asking to be treated the same.

Getting a Model S loaner takes 5 minutes. "Here's my keys, here's your keys, sign here, have a nice day. We'll call you when your car is done."

The Enterprise desk is not on-site. You have to wait around for them to call Enterprise, for Enterprise to get around to driving down there, driving you back to the Enterprise office, waiting in line, giving them all of your personal information (that Tesla already has), giving your credit card information to them (because you can't be trusted), and having to turn down the sales pitch for the "upgraded insurance coverage". If everything falls into place, this takes 45 minutes.

If you think those two things are the same...well, I'm really not sure what else to say.

I, too, have an extra car. However, what I don't have is someone to meet me at the service center. I've made arrangements for them to pick up the car at my home but, it's being done on THEIR schedule, not mine. I have to take time off of work to do this.

I have grown up. You should, too.

• Informative
Reactions: newtman
Wondering if OP has had "issues" with previous loaners. I got an Enterprise loaner, valet to me... took all of 2 minutes. No fuss, no muss.
I got a call yesterday saying that they had no loaners for me today. My choices were to reschedule or go with Enterprise. They offered to have Enterprise pick me up and take me to their office for the paperwork, or I could drive there and Tesla would pick my car up at that location. They could not do the valet service with an Enterprise rental. How did the paperwork get done on yours?

Another data point. My Roadster is at the Rockville Service Center today for replacement of the trunk actuator.

While I did get a loaner today, I was told that the Regional Service Manager has stated there will be no more Model S loaners for Roadster Owners. No reason was given, aside from something vague about the size of the car.

• Informative
Reactions: newtman
I've always had loaners. Tesla service has always been wonderful to me.

I do have one complaint, though. During my last annual service, I got a P90D (insane, not ludicrous), and after I got the Roadster back I thought something was wrong because it felt slow. :) It was really fun playing with the auto-steer, too.

I still like the Roadster better, though.

SC in Minnesota often does not have loaners available. It's a timing thing. They are polite and helpful and recommend weeks to bring my car in for service to get a loaner. They don't specify the type of loaner, but as long as they take care of roadster, I'm fine. Just the fact that they have a loaner shortage, is concerning but isn't that how it is with most dealers?