TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

TSC told me "No more loaner Model S cars for Roadster owners"

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by Habious, Jan 6, 2016.

1. NoMoGas

NoMoGas Member

Wondering if OP has had "issues" with previous loaners. I got an Enterprise loaner, valet to me... took all of 2 minutes. No fuss, no muss.

• Informative x 1
  2. supersnoop

supersnoop Tesla Roadster #334

I got a call yesterday saying that they had no loaners for me today. My choices were to reschedule or go with Enterprise. They offered to have Enterprise pick me up and take me to their office for the paperwork, or I could drive there and Tesla would pick my car up at that location. They could not do the valet service with an Enterprise rental. How did the paperwork get done on yours?

3. Curt

Curt Roadster Signature #55

Another data point. My Roadster is at the Rockville Service Center today for replacement of the trunk actuator.

While I did get a loaner today, I was told that the Regional Service Manager has stated there will be no more Model S loaners for Roadster Owners. No reason was given, aside from something vague about the size of the car.

• Informative x 1
  4. BartJ

BartJ Member

In the SeC in Antwerp, Belgium, I always get a nice grey roadster 2.5 as a loaner.

• Like x 1
  5. Tex EV

Tex EV Member

Dropped my Roadster off at the North Houston Service Center today. Drove home in a green P85+. Maybe it's a regional thing?

6. Stefan T

Stefan T Member

When i had my in for replacing the rear fans in april i get a P85D as loaner

7. Curt

Curt Roadster Signature #55

I have my Roadster in today for a failing Cabin Temperature Sensor.

I got a Sig 85 loaner. The Service Manager says the whole "no loaners for Roadster owners" thing was a misunderstanding, and it has been cleared up.

Loaners are back!

• Like x 1
  8. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Chatting to another Roadster owner here last week, his car is in for service and they gave him a Mercedes E class. He said there was a fleet of them parked at the SC.

9. bolosky

bolosky Member

I've always had loaners. Tesla service has always been wonderful to me.

I do have one complaint, though. During my last annual service, I got a P90D (insane, not ludicrous), and after I got the Roadster back I thought something was wrong because it felt slow. :) It was really fun playing with the auto-steer, too.

I still like the Roadster better, though.

10. Austrianer

Austrianer Member

Last time when my Roadster was in for repairs, I got a P85 for 5 days, which the SC had to rent itself by a nearby car rent (the SC had no loaners left) - TOP :D - Greetings to Graz!

11. SpykeDaddy

SpykeDaddy Member

SC in Minnesota often does not have loaners available. It's a timing thing. They are polite and helpful and recommend weeks to bring my car in for service to get a loaner. They don't specify the type of loaner, but as long as they take care of roadster, I'm fine. Just the fact that they have a loaner shortage, is concerning but isn't that how it is with most dealers?