TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

TSLA going private / German trading

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by elliott82, Aug 7, 2018.

1. elliott82

elliott82 Member

Hey just wanted to ask a few questions because I am not a pro but own some TSLA calls (which I bought with "play money" - not selling my common stock ever) I am not so sure what to do with them. Would really appreciate if someone could help me out a bit.

TD7HYX
    Call 15.01.20 Tesla 250€ which are up 21.5%

SG73U1
    Call 16.12.22 Tesla 330€ which are down 7.95%

Any idea what the best strategy would be? Try to sell them asap? or wait out a bit? I woud try to sell the 330€ calls soon...

Thank you very much!

2. kelevra

kelevra Member

I'm not a pro neither but i would say:
    - The strike price of the first option is very low therefore this option acts a lot like a share. I would prefer owning shares over this option especially in this situation because i don't know how smooth things go with the HSBC if Tesla is taken privat. You have little leverage and little upside over shares.
    - The second very long term option only makes sense if you like this explicit option and think that
    a) there is a real possibility that Tesla is not taken privat and the share price will rise over time or
    b) there is a short squeeze and we see prices well above $420
    Overcall i tend to selling them both and maybe considering buying short/midterm options with a higher strike price if you want to speculate on a short squeeze and you get those options at a reasonable price.

Ps: I've seen your from munich, too. How old are you? What's your background? Do you have other investments? I am a 26 old student but spend more time investing than studying right now. Would be interesting to chat a bit if you are in investing and maybe in a similiar situation in life.

3. elliott82

elliott82 Member

thanks @kelevra!!!

will send you a pm :)

cheers