TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

TSLA Investor Discussions

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by Fr23shjive, Apr 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fr23shjive

Fr23shjive Member

Down to $32 even in pre-market trading. If this stock hits the high $20s I'm borrowing money to buy more stock.

2. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

But back up to $33.32. I imagine we'll bounce around in the 32-35 band for a while.

3. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Oh no. The stock is up!:smile:

4. Uncle Ron

Uncle Ron Member

#4 Uncle Ron, Apr 19, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
    EDIT,,

5. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Maybe we should have a 'Oh no. The stock is down!' thread just for those posts. This thread could be for discussion about the stock in general.

6. Uncle Ron

Uncle Ron Member

#6 Uncle Ron, Apr 19, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
    EDIT,,

7. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Oh No! My shorts!

(just kidding)

8. BYT_P1837

BYT_P1837 Member

Your shorts as in, don't loose them? ;)

9. Steph

Steph Member

IMO, Tesla will be a huge success. I'm long. Only reason I look at this stock everyday is the mind blowing short interest numbers.

Some people will loose.... and loose big.

10. ckessel

ckessel Active Member

If you loose them they fall down. You can fix that with a belt though.

11. BYT_P1837

BYT_P1837 Member

Make sure the belt is "LONG" enough to support your Shorts! I'm here all week!

12. dmckinstry

dmckinstry Model S - U.S. P - #1649

Why is TSLA up today, when the Dow and NASDAQ are both down? Have some been trying to cover their shorts without driving the price up too much? Granted, it's only a slight up.

13. neroden

neroden Happy Model S Owner

Being someone who always sees things in a negative light, I suggest both an "Oh no. The stock is down!" thread and an "Oh no. The stock is up, I can't afford it!" thread. Optimists can have their own pair of "Yay, the stock is up" and "Yay, the stock is cheap" threads. :tongue:

14. neroden

Yes, hence my use of a Roth IRA. (For those who are curious, Roths are better than normal IRAs if you expect your income tax rates to increase between the time you put money in and the time you take it out; regular IRAs are better than Roths in exactly the opposite situation.)

15. neroden

That was what I did. Lots of guesswork there, of course (you're guessing the profit margin on each car, the company overhead, future dilution of the stock, among other things), but you can make informed guesses based on the information published by Tesla.

16. daniel

daniel Active Member

What number did you come up with? I'm guessing Wunderlich did the same kind of number crunching when they came up with $49, but I don't remember if there was a time frame associated with that.

Even though I described the kind of analysis that needs to be done, I'd have no idea how to gather the input numbers.

And of course, after one has figured out an estimated "true value," it's nearly impossible to figure out what distortions the vagaries of the market will introduce. That's why my real investments are never in individual stocks.

17. Trnsl8r

Trnsl8r Blue 85kwh since 12/8/12

No cauliflower rants today? I seem to remember he's in AAPL and it's dropping like a stone today. Do those go into a different forum? :)

18. neroden

That's proprietary investing information! :wink:

It's genuinely tedious. This is what you pay people for unless, like me, you like poring over endless boring documents just for fun.

Masses of guesses are involved, indeed. Though I think the most common risk is to make a perfectly good estimate of a company's future if it maintains business as usual, and then have management do something utterly crazy a couple of years down the road and blow the business up.

19. daniel

daniel Active Member

I'm sure he would not rant about AAPL on this forum. Maybe he's also on the Apple chat board. I really don't think we should give him a hard time. He's a kid who wants to believe in Tesla but lacks the experience to understand that the stock market is not a rational enterprise. I made some bad decisions when I was his age and I bet all of you did, too. Give the kid a break.

20. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

How many breaks? I lost count of how many times people have tried to explain the landscape to him -- he ignores it until something else happens and then blows up again... It gets a bit tiring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.