Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently every post that quoted Cali got moved, so I'll repeat my TSLA-related notes:

Having realized that my limit order was sitting at 26, not 29, I had to re-think. Apparently after buying my last 50 shares, bringing my total to 150, I figured I didn't want any more unless it went WAY down. This morning I re-set my limit to 28 for 50 more shares. If it never hits 28 I'll be happy with my 150 shares, and glad to see the price going back up. But if it does hit 28 I'll be happy to bring my total to 200.

I think the price will start a nice upward trend once there are enough Model S on the roads for people to become generally aware of them, and once safety and range numbers are in. If the reliability stats are good after a year, that will give it another boost. Of course, my confidence in the quality of the car strongly influences my confidence in the stock. But I still would not put a really large amount of money into it. As I've said before, my REAL "investment" in Tesla was the purchase of my Roadster.

^ No problem. I understand.

And so do I and everyone else I expect...but onto TSLA stock stuff.

I'm in heavy already, but still have a bunch to pile on once the bottom has been hit. I'm still realing from that $37 sell off that seemed to start this whole slide back to the 200 day.

I am worried that we won't see another big push up until TM has a profitable quarter, marketing dollars are spent on ads to kickstart a frenzy, there is a jounalist event for the launch of the first sig's or a critical review published with rave reviews (i.e. "Better than a M5 and cheaper").

While I can't wait to see Dragon fly and be super successful, don't think it will move TSLA much if any. Here's to hoping I'm wrong!

I got my 50 shares at 28. And the way it's falling I wonder if I made a mistake not leaving it at 26. Well, I'm now in for all I'm going to put in, so the next point of interest to me is when Model S production ramps up to full. I don't expect the first deliveries to do more than a brief bump, with the real rise coming when the cars are rolling off the line at full speed and all the crash testing and range numbers are in.

I can't tell if you guys are serious. I am almost forced to think that something is seriously wrong, but the public isn't being told about it yet. How can you be talking about buying more after these types of ridiculous drops? I'm not selling here. Would be stupid to do so. However, these 4-5% swings on nothing really concern me. Even for Tesla, this is not normal .

I can't tell if you guys are serious. I am almost forced to think that something is seriously wrong, but the public isn't being told about it yet. How can you be talking about buying more after these types of ridiculous drops? I'm not selling here. Would be stupid to do so. However, these 4-5% swings on nothing really concern me. Even for Tesla, this is not normal .

This is a volatile, heavily shorted stock. Clearly the attitude has been risk-off since earnings, so the shorts are winning. Not enough buying interest at even these prices to prop it up. Perhaps it had been overbought. You're only looking at the drops and not the fundamentals.

Here's an interesting graph from Google Finance, showing TSLA, the DOW, and the NASDAQ for a one-year period. What I think is noteworthy is that all three are right at where they were a year ago, as near as makes no difference. I.e., in the long-term average, TSLA has tracked the major indexes exactly, even though TSLA's swings have been much greater. This makes it look to me as though TSLA's highs in December and April were artificial, and it's now back where it belongs. I bet TSLA goes even lower now, and then comes back up again.

Screen shot 2012-05-18 at 7.13.04 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.