Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe republicans will cave. Once Obama gets what he wants he also assumes full blame for results. So far he has Teflon coat but can't blame another recession on bush. If we go over cliff to easy to blame republican house. If they continue to fight him they actually will be giving excuse. He is not running but of course as most politicians he is unable to stop and his ratins will affect next democratic candidate. Cliff will hurt all companies but tesla with low volume cars to affluent will not be hurt as much and it may present interesting buying opportunity. If you get out you might miss short squeeze that could occur with a run up with deal. Difficult decisions for difficult times

I believe republicans will cave. Once Obama gets what he wants he also assumes full blame for results. So far he has Teflon coat but can't blame another recession on bush. If we go over cliff to easy to blame republican house. If they continue to fight him they actually will be giving excuse. He is not running but of course as most politicians he is unable to stop and his ratins will affect next democratic candidate. Cliff will hurt all companies but tesla with low volume cars to affluent will not be hurt as much and it may present interesting buying opportunity. If you get out you might miss short squeeze that could occur with a run up with deal. Difficult decisions for difficult times

Agree that the company would probably be fine, but that doesn't mean the stock will. It will get crushed, more so than the rest of the market, in all likelihood.

Could be some investors splitting their investment and taking some of it over to SCTY. If they want shares there and don't want to be over-exposed to Elon.

This what I tried to do. Put in the buy order of SCTY at $8.90 but never got any! This sucks seeing SCTY is at $12+ now! Oh well, I can buy back in to TSLA at a lower price.

For those that care: I took some profits today at exactly $35. Only my first sale since the bottom, so plenty left to appreciate.

Remember how annoyed you were last time the stock was down and you had no cash to buy more shares? I know right now it feels like it's going straight to $250, but it won't. Believe me, I know it is hard, but now is the time to start raising the cash you'll need later.

Buy on the way down, sell on the way up...

On the way down already? Time to think about buying. Anyone have an opinion on how much farther we have to fall? I'm not sure yet.

Seems like a big and sudden drop.

Edit: seems like something must be up. This is the biggest one day drop in quite some time. The stock hovered around the same price all day yesterday, so it seems odd suddenly this morning everyone would take profit and drive the stock down.

given the average volume, I do think it is possible there is nothing substantial up. my gut says a little better than 50/50 nothing really material is going on (perhaps a brokerage report painting doom and gloom about fiscal cliff and EV credit, or something like that, but not an actual event today).

(source: 12 years owning a volatile biotech stock)

Do we have a thread for Solar City? I didn't see one at a quick glance.

While I'm bullish on Tesla, I'm worried about Solar City:
- Cost of their goods is increasing due to US import duties.
- Cost to their consumers is increasing due to reduced gov incentives.
- Cost of competition, like electricity produced from Natural Gas, is decreasing.

I know a few people who work in the solar industry. None of them have solar installations, and when asked why, they all said because it doesn't yet make economic sense. Yes, not a scientific sampling, but still.

Do we have a thread for Solar City? I didn't see one at a quick glance.

While I'm bullish on Tesla, I'm worried about Solar City:
- Cost of their goods is increasing due to US import duties.
- Cost to their consumers is increasing due to reduced gov incentives.
- Cost of competition, like electricity produced from Natural Gas, is decreasing.

I know a few people who work in the solar industry. None of them have solar installations, and when asked why, they all said because it doesn't yet make economic sense. Yes, not a scientific sampling, but still.

You didn't list my #1 concern: relatively low barriers to entry. What is to stop some multi-national corporation from buying up a bunch of local installers and partnering with a bank to do the same thing SolarCity is doing? I don't know.

- - - Updated - - -

On the way down already? Time to think about buying. Anyone have an opinion on how much farther we have to fall? I'm not sure yet.

I'm going to pick some some back up. This is just too good to pass on.

*sigh*, biggest one day drop since when? That fluke "executives are leaving" thing?

I had actually planned to take the "sell some on the way up" advice this morning, but by the time I got to my desk and looked the stock had dropped significantly. Guess I should have still sold as it just kept dropping. There's no point in selling now though, I'm almost underwater.

Status
Not open for further replies.