Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, but if the Model 3 is able to peel off 10% of Camry, Accord, and many other midsize sedans, that is a huge chunk of demand beyond the premium segment.

In general if half the people that can afford a Model 3 and intend to purchase a midsize sedan buy a Model 3 that is way more than Tesla can manufacture for the foreseeable future.

Tesla Second Quarter 2018 Update  Q2 Automotive gross margin increased to 20.6% GAAP and 21.0% non-GAAP  Model 3 gross margin turned slightly positive in Q2, expecting roughly 15% in Q3  Expecting to produce 50-55k Model 3s in Q3; deliveries should exceed that  Major cost restructuring executed in Q2  $2.2B of cash and cash equivalents at Q2-end, expected to grow in Q3 and Q4  Capex projection in 2018 adjusted to <$2.5B

Elon needs to say only one thing: ‘as of date x, we reached the cash flow break even point’ meaning that Tesla’s cash position will go up from day x (I’m defining cash flow here as change in cash position). I hope date x was sometime in july, not sometime in september.
Thank you Elon: “Model 3 gross margin turned slightly positive in Q2, expecting roughly 15% in Q3
$2.2B of cash and cash equivalents at Q2-end, expected to grow in Q3 and Q4 Capex projection in 2018 adjusted to <$2.5B”

Only 18 cents more loss than expected according to Dow Jones Newswires.

Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 1.14.45 PM.png

Also, I'm pretty amazed at how this closely watched estimate came out so close to right:

Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 1.16.29 PM.png

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Status
Not open for further replies.