Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of my coworkers who see these tweets thinks that Elon is too unstable and have no faith in the deal either. They have no stock in Tesla, but won't invest because of the behavior. I myself find it comical and just have learned to expect it from Elon after following him and the company for so long. He seems to be in a good mood, looking forward to some good news this week :)

Just speculating here.

I feel Elon's pedo tweet might be an intentional move on his part to make the market believe he is unhinged. This is a setup for this privatization plan to make Wall Street (and the shorts) think he's unhinged with this move, and all the FUD on he's going to jail for lying and everything.

By making shorts think he's unhinged and lying about privatization, he is able to get them to depress the stock price well below $420. It also lays a beautiful trap to get shorts to short some more, thinking he's bluffing and about to go to jail.

Elon is a genius. He is several steps ahead. I'm sure he has more cards yet to show that'll reveal the final checkmate to the shorts. I feel all his previous actions all stem towards this moment here. Not only superbly logical financial moves, but brilliantly manipulate the psychology of his enemies. Don't underestimate the large effects of taking advantage of human psychology in a war.

nah. he was trying to help. jack*** got under his skin after insane and smear-happy press got under his skin.

though, some nice serendipity, imho.

Last edited:
Reactions: jepicken
Just speculating here.

I feel Elon's pedo tweet might be an intentional move on his part to make the market believe he is unhinged. This is a setup for this privatization plan to make Wall Street (and the shorts) think he's unhinged with this move, and all the FUD on he's going to jail for lying and everything.

By making shorts think he's unhinged and lying about privatization, he is able to get them to depress the stock price well below $420. It also lays a beautiful trap to get shorts to short some more, thinking he's bluffing and about to go to jail.

Elon is a genius. He is several steps ahead. I'm sure he has more cards yet to show that'll reveal the final checkmate to the shorts. I feel all his previous actions all stem towards this moment here. Not only superbly logical financial moves, but brilliantly manipulate the psychology of his enemies. Don't underestimate the large effects of taking advantage of human psychology in a war.

This is contrary to my impression of Musk. He seems almost transparent to a fault. His pedo tweet is just a momentary lapse after a two week or so intense effort to do something new about the instant rescue effort. Think normal psychology, a well wound guy to begin with, and a spring releasing. He thinks ahead, all right, and the end point is often a surprise for ordinary mortals. I'm not sure he's willing to spend much time on such a convoluted approach, (Credit: Dr. Ockham, or a little shaver of his.)

Elon was actually at a hackers conference recruiting for spacex and Tesla. So the hqr tweet is aimed at them, not at the broader populous.

The short-shorts humor is about “the deal” actually happening, which his tweet insinuates to me. The “funding secured” and such, so he’s having a little fun with those people who’ve cheated, pillaged, lied, and stole to attempt to destroy a rapidly growing new American car company and new energy company employing over 30k (mostly American) people and counting.

I have observed three very active and highly placed Trump movement operatives openly use their political platform to advocate and influence others for the benefit of their short position in trading Tesla, which is ironic in itself, since “America First” and all. I’m not political, but you call it when you see it.

This is the exact type of manipulation, hypocracy, and blatant extortion of a political following (or of any unknowing people) for selfish gains that Elon would like to extricate from Tesla mind space by going private.

I wonder if somebody hacked his account after the earlier cryptic tweet and now this...

it's honestly hard to tell whether or not he lets Grimes use it some. seems to admit as much here, but that could also be a joke:

Elon Musk on Twitter

i recall one evening where a celebrity called him out for letting a young lady (forget who it was) tweet from his phone over dinner. again, it was hard to tell if he was really busted or was joking about getting busted — but seemed legit.

• Funny
Reactions: wipster
The short-shorts humor is about “the deal” actually happening, which his tweet insinuates to me. The “funding secured” and such, so he’s having a little fun with those people who’ve cheated, pillaged, lied, and stole to attempt to destroy a rapidly growing new American car company and new energy company employing over 30k (mostly American) people and counting.

I definitely agree. This is a strongly bullish sign, imho. He is feeling happy.

OK, this is pretty clear. Musk has lined up funding to go private, but it's from one or two large investors (maybe three or four). He and the Board don't like having that level of concentrated ownership -- more concentrated than Musk perhaps -- so they're trying to get a larger conglomerate so as to split up the control..

Honestly, I don’t know how you get that out of that article. There is no language there about one or two large investors lined up at all? What am I missing?

Honestly, I don’t know how you get that out of that article. There is no language there about one or two large investors lined up at all? What am I missing?

First of all, he's assuming Elon didn't lie. Most of us here are in the camp that Elon doesn't lie.

Since the article is about Tesla looking for more potential sources of financing, and given Elon and the Board's strong interest in not changing how the company is run and in not giving up too much control to one or two entities, we think it can be assumed that Elon has a small number of sources who have agreed to take Tesla private, but it would be ideal to have a bunch of sources rather than a small number of them.

@neroden can correct me if I'm wrong, but that was my read and I assume his.

First of all, he's assuming Elon didn't lie. Most of us here are in the camp that Elon doesn't lie.

Ok. I just assumed from the context it was about the article proper only. Reasonable take, but at some point we also need to discount in the chance that Elon has been too optimistic on ‘funding acquired’.

Not everything that didn’t materialize was a lie but not everything that was perceived to be true by Elon materializes.

Elon was actually at a hackers conference recruiting for spacex and Tesla. So the hqr tweet is aimed at them, not at the broader populous.

I have observed three very active and highly placed Trump movement operatives openly use their political platform to advocate and influence others for the benefit of their short position in trading Tesla, which is ironic in itself, since “America First” and all. I’m not political, but you call it when you see it.

This is the exact type of manipulation, hypocracy, and blatant extortion of a political following (or of any unknowing people) for selfish gains that Elon would like to extricate from Tesla mind space by going private.
Going private would checkmate short position obviously. But I don't like being used (pawn) by Elon, forced to sell. We shall see what remedies tesla has for my/our predicament. Shorties will exploit this, calling going private the nuclear option, we longs are collateral damage. 420 is a joke, real offer will be in the low 500's. Next couple of weeks will be the craziest period in tsla history, so far. Remember fud never sleeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.