Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Typical parking lot scene:
Worth noting that in the ICE-oriented media, this is being called the "sedanocalypse", in which sedans are being replaced by CUVs (this ties into my comments earlier on the Camry and Corolla being cannibalized by the RAV4 and the C-HR). The Model 3 is a massive sales success despite that. The shorts go on about addressable market, but the Model 3 is so good that it's creating market where the ICE manufacturers weren't getting it, arguably... but the Model Y will start eating an even bigger market.

Also, somewhere in the thread someone pointed out that Toyota was giving up their position in the best selling cars list... the RAV4 is the best selling non-pickup (with the CR-V and Rogue behind it, and ahead of the Camry). Sure, that's not the cars list, but it's the vehicles list.

What a joke that stock is since Elon got crazy... Oh my gosh.

Still looks good to me.

TSLA.jpg

Yeah. This stock is pretty much broken now.
Either Elon is launching a firework this evening on the podcast and sets a new buyout price or I don't see any positives in the next month's. I doubt that Elon will change anything today but we'll see. After so much FUD attacks launched by Elon more or less directly it can only get better, can't it?

@Fact Checking there was a comment (maybe you raised it for us - can’t remember or find it in q2-q4 thread, here, or daily charts thread) about how the production # of cars related to to the # of lines at GF and how the trouble going from 10-13 lines has impacted us over the last month or so. whoever posted that comment referenced a user that commented on the electrek article that explained the hurdle (specifically that the extra 3 lines have been a bottleneck) and that gf has capacity for 70something lines??? i found this fascinating but can’t seem to find it now. i was almost sure it was your comment, but was hoping anyone could point me to it
thanks.

anyone remember where to find this info?

• Moody's would have no choice but to upgrade Tesla's bond ratings - not that it matters much: Tesla won't finance from equity, ever again.
Corporate bonds are a debt security not an equity security.

I don't think Tesla will raise capital by issuing new shares but may very well raise capital for new Gigafactories by issuing corporate bonds.

Status
Not open for further replies.