TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by AudubonB, Dec 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Reciprocity

Reciprocity Active Member

That big gap is ominous but it also is reassuring because it appears they are past the gap and now we can see the results. My guess is that we will see a large batch of Vins registered with NHTSA soon but no later then next week. This is the sign im looking for that would point to quick ramp to 2.5k/w by the end of the month. They have about 12400 total vins, so they have about 2400 left. They seem to be assigning vins at the last minute for some reason. Some type of bear trap? Or am I just being to conspiratorial? You have 3 weeks, so if they register 3000-5000 vins in the next batch it will be a very good sign. If only 1000, then hide your kids and hide your valuables. At least until following week, when they might do a big batch. Its just to difficult to determine anything based on Vins, but one thing is certain, they need vins if they are producing cars and they are running low.

• Like x 1
  2. Ulmo

Ulmo Active Member

That’s been my interpretation so far, too. We still need to calculate density & gaps, but the #s cluster on the trend.

• Like x 1
  3. PaulusdB

PaulusdB Mayor Gnomus Vintage Limb

#3463 PaulusdB, Mar 8, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    I sincerely think his compensation package is just background noise to everything else that goes on in his mind.

• Like x 3
  4. bdy0627

bdy0627 Active Member

Shorts are giving us a rollercoaster ride this morning.

5. Richgoogol

Richgoogol Member

I really thought today would be the day TSLA would be hiking..I guess not...at least not yet

6. bdy0627

bdy0627 Active Member

With shorts typically representing 65% of the daily trading again now, it will probably take some positive ramp news to negate their influence. A tweet about the Grohmann line being installed would be helpful...

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  7. ZeApelido

ZeApelido Member

I'm really confused as how investors could be hoping for significant positive stock price rise right now? I thought it made sense that current price changes are mostly related to model 3 ramp, and right now most signs on that front are negative (for now)...

8. bdy0627

bdy0627 Active Member

Sometimes stock movement precedes public awareness of news...

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  9. ZeApelido

ZeApelido Member

Sure. So perhaps there are some signs somewhere that the ramp has progressed?

10. Tenable

Tenable Member

Doesn't mean much, but I got a call today on a M3 res configured 2 weeks ago. No VIN as yet, but the Tesla rep said she was speaking to about 100 people per day regarding their configs.

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 3
  11. Reciprocity

Uh, its your fault I bought $MU a few days back.. and Thank you!

12. Tenable

Tenable Member

SO SORRY!! ;-) I'm heavily overweight twtr as well but not everything goes this well. Happy to hear you're crushing, but as always "not an advice."

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  13. montefuego

montefuego Member

I'm really concerned about the competition coming Tesla's way from Jaguar, Porsche, Volkswagen, eventually Mercedes. They are very technically competent companies exactly in the market (that Tesla has taken from them). I could be wrong, but I'm thinking that the Geneva Show is why the stock is currently on the downside. What do you guys think?

• Disagree x 9
    • Funny x 2
  14. Reciprocity

I think its down because deliveries are clearly lagging the pace that would be required to hit 2500/w. I mean they seemed to all but stop for what seemed like 2 weeks and then they registered an anemic 1000 Vins with the NHTSA after lag period.. But who knows.

• Like x 1
  15. Lycanthrope

Lycanthrope Active Member

I see lots of concepts, but very few cars available to buy. I don't think it's a big deal for Tesla, certainly not at this moment.

• Like x 3
  16. Tenable

Tenable Member

Tesla's stock reflects the disappointing ramp in production against projections / expectations. The competitors are generally laughable and low volume. Even if/when solid competition appears, its a boon for Tesla not a detriment. These topics have been beaten to death on this forum. Searching should give you a solid view of our members thoughts. Welcome to TMC.

• Like x 8
    • Love x 1
  17. jhm

jhm Well-Known Member

PreCogDissLogo1.jpeg

• Funny x 10
  18. madodel

madodel X at the end of a rainbow

We have been hearing about Tesla Killers for years. Where are they? They are always on the horizon. And if they ever actually sell those cars they will take market share from their ICE cars. They are competition to their own market, not Tesla's. Which is why they don't want to sell them in the first place. Where are the 100's of thousands of Bolts? In a year I have seen exactly one and that was at a Drive Electric event in NJ. Nice little car but not a threat to Tesla.

• Like x 11
    • Love x 1
  19. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

They are in the same place they have always been: just around the corner.

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
  20. RiverCard

RiverCard Member

Proxy adviser Institutional Shareholder Services Inc. called Tesla Inc.(TSLA) [s" tsla] plan to award Chief Executive Elon Musk an estimated $2.6 billion compensation over a decade "unprecedented," and advised shareholders to vote against it.

• Funny x 1