Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost there.

Indeed :D Now stay up there!

upload_2018-9-10_21-36-59.png

Ah, Return of the Power Hour Part III - love it!

That's how life would be without shorts manipulating the stock price: it would be a calm flow of bulls buying versus (genuine) bears selling, with no wild swings and closer to the fundamentals.

But shorts will be back tomorrow: the "morning dip", the "spike seller" and all the other market manipulation we now strongly suspect they are performing will be back, on this most manipulated shorted stock on NASDAQ.

Until Q3 and Q4 wipes many of the shorts out, hopefully: there's only a little more than 2.5 trading weeks left until the Q3 production numbers.

Tick-tock.

I nonetheless expect to have to correct the "Musk is a pothead" meme for the next several years for all of the people who never watched the video.
Whenever this comes up, I simply point out that hardly anyone seemed bothered by Elon having a bit of whiskey, even though alcohol has no less potential danger as a drug. While I'm not a fan of either alcohol or marijuana, I do have to hand it to Elon for sticking it to convention! His only mistake was failing to consider that marijuana is off limits for US DoD contractors, but that's only material to SpaceX and not Tesla, and I'm guessing he won't end up facing any serious consequences provided he doesn't touch marijuana again.

• Love
Reactions: neroden
Is it just me, or is the stock price remarkably stable today?

It's almost like the circuit breaker preventing shorts from doing anything to the stock price does interesting things to the stock price behavior (although, it's interesting that it's just trading sideways around $280, and not climbing).
And you were saying?

Those who know me, know that I am a big Tesla and TSLA fan and investor. Since 28 dollars. Am an Elon cheerleader. Taking delivery of my third car, a P3D on the 29th. Have a 2013 Model S85 (trade in I think) and a Sig Model X.

Can we PLEASE stop talking about the how shorts are trapped and desperate every time the stock pops five percent. The shorts have completely cleaned our collective clock the past 30 days. The smart ones are SWIMMING in cash. Shorts have to be traders. Shorts who have been trading TSLA well are KILLING it. They are NOT going to disappear. Can't do it because I am emotionally invested in the success of TSLA (which is not a wise investing move BTW) but damn, I WISH I had shorted the hell out of TSLA post going private tweet so that I could be converting it to long positions now. Instead, I did quite the opposite...much to my chagrin.

So please, all this talk of how smart and long and strong we are, how the shorts are getting screwed, how the fear is in the air and they must close their short positions in a panicked stampede, please stop. It makes us sound like...well, like trolling shorts on the opposite side.

The shorts have completely cleaned our collective clock the past 30 days. The smart ones are SWIMMING in cash.

Less than 10% of the 35M shares short have closed positions according to S3 Partners. (And only about half of them took profits, probably.)

This suggests that either over 90% of the short positions have entry prices significantly below $250 and couldn't exit yet, or that they expect further price drops. (Which seems like a crazy risk to take, to me.)

I am not sure the production and delivery numbers would be a slam dunk, given the logistic issues and their inability to produce AWDs as fast as possible.

These issues should be easier to sort out than production hell, we will probably have a great q4.

That's how life would be without shorts manipulating the stock price: it would be a calm flow of bulls buying versus (genuine) bears selling, with no wild swings and closer to the fundamentals.

But shorts will be back tomorrow: the "morning dip", the "spike seller" and all the other market manipulation we now strongly suspect they are performing will be back, on this most manipulated shorted stock on NASDAQ.

Until Q3 and Q4 wipes many of the shorts out, hopefully: there's only a little more than 2.5 trading weeks left until the Q3 production numbers.

Tick-tock.

• Informative
Reactions: Fact Checking
I am not sure the production and delivery numbers would be a slam dunk, given the logistic issues and their inability to produce AWDs as fast as possible.

Yeah, that's a possibility. But let's say there's a 30% chance of a blowout quarter and you are short. It's IMO a crazy risk to carry a large short position across the Q3 earnings event, as Wall Street analyst consensus expectations are so low.

Status
Not open for further replies.