Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. I always blame weak longs more than shorts. Shorts have only no more than 40M shares of ammunition. Longs have unlimited funds. Just keep buying until shorts have to buy back.

I get the sense that movement on things like Goldman recommendations isn't so much "weak longs" as it is "automated longs". I've always had the sense that this is automated selling when one of those broken-record-sell recommendations comes out from an entity with a demonstrated bad track record. I can't imagine many humans having this sort of reaction to it. You'd think that humans would either have decided that they agreed with him (and sold their assets in Tesla) or disagreed with him (and learned to ignore him) long, long ago.

Note that this article is from The Telegraph of the UK, so it probably doesn´t apply to the US directly. Is the WLTP test cycle even used in the US at all?
Over the last few weeks there have been a lot of articles in the European press about WLTP replacing NEDC being problematic for a lot of car manufacturers. Sometimes solved by scrapping the sale of certain models, or delaying the production of certain models for the European market until these models can meet the new requirements (it’s not just a new test cycle, the main issue is a new requirement to meet real-life exhaust requirements, not just test cycle exhaust requirements), sometimes solved by registring any non-compliant stock so that they can be sold as secondhand. And god knows what other kind of tricks to meet the letter of the law.

I don' think this is tariff-related. Indices have been down all morning. This is about shorts being shorts and weak longs being...weak.

Or it is just a late running MMD.

Breaking news: Tesla has infected TSLA short sellers -- now they are also late delivering on their promises, Mandatory Morning Dip happens after noon !

Shortsville Times: Tesla unable to sell Model 3s, stores them on trailers
Copyright (c) 2018, Shortsville Times, Chief Editor @HG Wells.
You forgot some other news:
"Because nobody want their cars TESLA already desperately destroying their cars "
Screenshot_20180924-181717_Gallery.jpg

Dear Shorts-

Model 3’s are getting out there in volume, even in markets you wouldn’t think.

During our trip up from Naples to N.C. yesterday we found a few instances where there were more Model 3’s charging than S/X combined.

Ocala, FL had 3 Model 3’s yesterday morning and we found two in Augusta Ga.

It's gotten to the point where I see about one on the road every other day. In lowly Columbia, SC.
In a few short weeks mine will be one of those...

The tweet per se was not a mistake. What was a mistake was publicly disclosing intention before doing the necessary homework. By talking to independent experts (not large shareholders) - EM could have figured out how plausible his idea was, made sure it had a[/QUOTE

Inside trading? Seeing things like this really confuses me. Especially when we know the numbers are up but yet the stocks are down?

Inside trading? Seeing things like this really confuses me. Especially when we know the numbers are up but yet the stocks are down?

Ihors short interest report won't come soon enough this week...

We'll have to conform with the short volume in the meantime. Less informative, but if it keeps above 60%, potentially indicative of strong shorts manipulation...

Very informative (warning, he's referring to TLRY in the answer):

Ihor Dusaniwsky on Twitter

"Two types of "squeezes", operational/technical when stock borrow recalls hit the street and shorts are forced to cover, not many recalls so shorts are safe right now. Loss/Margin "squeeze" where losses are too large to take and margin calls force covering which is still in play."

Status
Not open for further replies.