Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There seems to be a ton of institutional support between $300 and $310, rightfully so. This is where T. Rowe doubled down. Smart.

$300 is the $200 of Oct/Nov of 2016 during the SCTY scare Tesla bears orchestrated.

I don't think things are quite that predictable, but, if they were, the low in that period was $178.19, so, the approach you stated would suggest about $280 as a low.

fwiw, my approach is not to assume I can predict exactly when and by how much the market will offer TSLA at even more irrationally cheap prices, but, simply, to do what I can to be in position to add to trading shares if/when it happens (core shares I don't give a thought to unless something fundamentally changes about Tesla's prospects).

I will be surprised if we go down that low. But it's possible. I think $300 - 305 is more likely the low point here.

I agree with you in as much as not assuming things will be the same as November 2016, but, I make no claims about being able to predict how different or not so different they will be. Again, I don't think things are quite as predictable as the approach that had been described.

Why should $310 hold?
There seems to be a ton of institutional support between $300 and $310, rightfully so. This is where T. Rowe doubled down. Smart.

$300 is the $200 of Oct/Nov of 2016 during the SCTY scare Tesla bears orchestrated.
I don't think things are quite that predictable, but, if they were, the low in that period was $178.19, so, the approach you stated would suggest about $280 as a low.

fwiw, my approach is not to assume I can predict exactly when and by how much the market will offer TSLA at even more irrationally cheap prices, but, simply, to do what I can to be in position to add to trading shares if/when it happens (core shares I don't give a thought to unless something fundamentally changes about Tesla's prospects).

I wasn't saying take every number literally, but generally speaking, there are a lot of similarities between today and then.

:confused: as to if you are asserting any ability to predict whether $310 or $300 holds... I'll confidently state that I can't predict those things, lols. it's been a good enough price for me to buy trading shares, but, my inability to predict re $310, $300, etc. "holding," is why I bought in such a way that there is plenty of dry powder for more trading shares.

I wasn't saying take every number literally, but generally speaking, there are a lot of similarities between today and then.

fwiw, sure I see some similarities too. that said, there's a very big difference between today and November of 2016... we don't know if shorts will have a 2 week window (until next quarterly production update gives a reassuring update on M3 ramp or not) to maintain their surge in concern trolling/false narrative flood, 6 weeks to do so (until Q1 ER letter/call gives a reassuring update on M3 ramp or not), 3.5 months (until Q2 production update...), ....

Reactions: Jonathan Hewitt
The thread has really gone OT, I guess if that's what gets everyone's juices going on a 2% down day, so be it :cool:

(Mod: Moved a bunch'a posts to a separate thread. --ggr)

BTW, if we think a low of $300-$305 is possible, then I'd suggest also looking for $295 because mmd could take us there intraday.

Last edited by a moderator:
The recent sp action just seems to be normal volatility as @bdy0627 excellently summarized last week. BTFD. Advice.
btfd.JPG

Here we go!

Model 3 VINs on Twitter

#Tesla registered 2,042 new #Model3 VINs. Highest VIN is 15885.

I wanted 3k, but I'll take it. Will be interesting if we see 2k+ next Tuesday. It would be an interesting tend and point more towards 2k/w as long as the vins are also getting assigned at high pace based on historical data being tracked on Google docs. I would be shocked and dismayed if they can't improve to 2k+/w by the end of the quarter.

Many are also speculating that they will do a big delivery push in CA, so we could do 15K Vin in the wild soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.