Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I find curious is that there's still someone out there with the will, the means and the mechanism to keep pushing the SP back under 310.

This brings me back to my previous hypothesis, which is that nefarious anti-Tesla interests have bought common shares in large quantities which they can then proceed to dump when the fancy takes them = no need to short AND they probably even make some money out of it too.

It this feasible, or do I need to put my foil hat on?
Shorter term/trading Longs are taking profits and selling heavily near that level because of the resistance it has shown. Shorts are amplifying that tendency.

Don’t be too hard on Adam. He just left out the fact in 2019 and 2020 his estimates were per quarter not per year. Still too low, but...
No, Adam repeated his guidance in July 2018 that Tesla still would not be producing 4,000 Model 3s per week by the end of Q2 2019.

At least a stopped clock is right twice a day. Adam's clock stopped when his boss walked in his office, telling him what his story would be. Sad.

I like how dips are the shorts' fault, even on days when they are banned from shorting.
Dude this isn't rocket science. There was a huge wall of shares at 310. There are people who don't want Tesla to succeed. Welcome to Tesla.

Furthermore, they aren't banned from shorting today. You could do with some larnin'

I like how dips are the shorts' fault, even on days when they are banned from shorting.

They are not banned from shorting, they can still add SELL LIMIT orders $0.01 above the bid to short as much as they want to, and will grow their short positions when the orders are hit.

What they are banned from today are price-aggressive orders that decrease the price actively (and artificially), such as market/stop orders and limit orders below the bid.

Otherwise I agree with you: I don't think today's price action was driven by shorts, other than short covering early in the day.

If shorts sell to open positions are in a tight band above the current price (and updated often), then any selling by longs (or shorts with stock), will cause a dip and a lowering of the sell to open orders.
So the stock can't go up (except by blowing though the resistance with high volume), but it can bump down.

I completely agree. I have written this before.

He would be the perfect person to take the best of Tesla and turn around the rest. He did it at Boeing and he did it at Ford. His efforts at Ford are why they never had to go BK as GM and Chrysler did. All Mark Fields had to do was follow Mulally's playbook and he would still be CEO. The old saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" led to Fields exit from Ford.
Team-building is Mulally's best quality. Tesla desperately needs that in many areas. He is also a great systems talent and God knows Tesla's order and delivery departments needs help there.
LOL. Keep all these dinosaurs next to you and away from Tesla. Not folding like GM was massive mistake on Ford side. He refused basically free money. There are quite a few banks which got bailouts while not needing them. GM got real needed bailout much later (4years ago? 6?)

Anyway Tesla will get some MBA garbage of the type they got last time. I wouldn't be surprised if the names are already known.

Why do so many people here believe that shorts want to make money? Sure there are some stupid shorts, but the majority are some folks with deeps oil money who's interest is to harm tesla. They will not be gone soon.
Both this - and EM's story about Saudi Arabia wanting to invest in Tesla to take it private can't be correct - right ? ;)

I think there are always plenty who believe that EVs are still too expensive and impractical. Infact this is the conventional wisdom. We may think EVs will be mainstream in 5 to 10 years, but most people think that time is decades away. For them EVs are
- Not practical
- Won't make money

Compare these to what they said about Amazon a decade back
- Internet companies will never make money
- .com is just a fad

There is absolutely no need to invoke conspiracy theories.

Last edited:
Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
Status
Not open for further replies.