Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the kind of thing you would tweet on the way out the door. Could he be resigning tonight?

Actually, possible. He's been under extremely high stress and has said outright that if someone else can do the job better, they can have it. Tesla's now structurally profitable, so he probably doesn't feel quite as essential any more. At some level, I think he wants out.

I've been a huge Elon supporter throughout this whole deal. This is coming very close to pushing me over the edge. There's making a mistake which I think everyone including the SEC overreacted to.

But then there's being downright stupid, making fun of the agency that is prosecuting you. The fact that the tweet is true is unfortunately totally irrelevant. The fact that he cannot see this means he does need to have his twitter taken away from him.

I never thought I would say that...

I've been a huge Elon supporter throughout this whole deal. This is coming very close to pushing me over the edge. There's making a mistake which I think everyone including the SEC overreacted to.

But then there's being downright stupid, making fun of the agency that is prosecuting you. The fact that the tweet is true is unfortunately totally irrelevant. The fact that he cannot see this means he does need to have his twitter taken away from him.

I never thought I would say that...
haha, the only person who needs it taken away is the ****ing President. THE ****ING PRESIDENT.

Get em Elon.

I approve.

If he doesn’t fight back he and his company will keep getting bent over the woodshed.

It’s time to lawyer up and go after everybody.

Win or lose it’s better than now.

I’ve never heard of a high profile SEC case rushed into a 2 week span because of an end of year budget rush. This action caused substantially more volume and price movement than Elon’s tweet about taking Tesla private.

Additionally, there are constant leaks from the SEC side to the press.

If Elon allows this to be the norm his company will be destroyed.

It’s time to fight.

Last edited:
Musk's subconscious mind is trying to get him out.

We know he doesn't want to run a public company -- he's said so. Tesla is past the critical financial point now (as of, roughly, last week). It has a steady hand running the auto business (Jerome Guillen), Panasonic is a solid and reliable partner providing the batteries, etc.

If someone knows him, they should tell him to resign and take medical leave. I don't know what the stock price would do short term but I don't care; the company will run on "Autopilot" (And Jerome Guillen) now, and Musk deserves to get his health back.

Status
Not open for further replies.