Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes...but.... when it comes to Tesla financial some people demand ironclad proof. Yet when it comes to demand...or inventory ..or who may or may not want the cars...well then these same people can get away with whimsy and opinion...and "facts" as they see/want them to be.

Yes, it's 100% unfair and asymmetrical, and this is what makes it easier for shorts to troll Tesla.

It is what it is, and what comes around goes around: in 1-2 short years it's going to be ICE and oil companies under a cloud of (justified) doubt, it's going to be them having trouble changing, ramping up and competing, and Tesla supporters are going to argue from a position of strength.

And yes, IMO that shift in the public debate is really going to happen, and once it starts it's going to happen rapidly: haven't seen many ULA vs. SpaceX online discussions go against SpaceX lately. Results remove doubts and shine light on the cockroaches.

Patience.

Last edited:
Maybe I have a quaint perspective, but I would think investor confidence should be built on how well Elon is executing and I don't think you can find fault in how the company is doing and I don't see any evidence of that changing.

I would imagine between the Q3 production ramp, delivery hell, and this BS with the SEC, Elon has been through the crucible these last few weeks. If he blows off a little steam with a snarky tweet, who cares? It's probably better than keeping things bottled up.

It's TSLA. It goes up. It goes down. Maybe take a breath.

Wow man, you're chill. You might be right, but why does he have to make it so painful for all of us?

I'm afraid he's going to be taken out as CEO, which I think would be horrible, but he's writing his own resignation, whether he intends to or not.

• Disagree
Reactions: SpaceCash and Drax7
Maybe I have a quaint perspective, but I would think investor confidence should be built on how well Elon is executing and I don't think you can find fault in how the company is doing and I don't see any evidence of that changing.

I would imagine between the Q3 production ramp, delivery hell, and this BS with the SEC, Elon has been through the crucible these last few weeks. If he blows off a little steam with a snarky tweet, who cares? It's probably better than keeping things bottled up.

It's TSLA. It goes up. It goes down. Maybe take a breath.

Fine for retail to say that, but I don't think institutional investors will be so sanguine.

Let alone Panasonic. Can you imagine how the BoD of a Japanese public company will view this? They're not quite as free & easy as we are over here.

Please tell me Tesla is not the next GTAT.

I don't want to wake up tomorrow bankrupt.

If so I'm going to dig a hole in the ground and hide in it. Hopefully Elon doesn't bore into me.

Not yet. GT was a one trick pony which pivoted from one business to another without a contingency. Oh yeah, Tom sold shares a month ahead of filing. A lot of good people lost their jobs.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Zwangsjacke_Leinen02_2002-01-09.jpg

TSLA's valuation is heavily based on Elon as CEO, like it or not.

If he leaves, there's little doubt share price will plummet to under $100 / share.

Until Q3 financial numbers come out, perhaps....

At some point, a company which is selling the 4th most popular car in the US for ASPs of over $60,000, with structurally low variable costs and very high growth rates, is an attractive stock purchase. If luvb2b's estimates are even close to correct, $100/share is going to be a quarterly trailing P/E under 10, by January, which is extremely lowball for the structure of the company. Panasonic is not going to stop partnering with Tesla just because Musk leaves for medical reasons. People are not going to stop buying the cars, either.

Fine for retail to say that, but I don't think institutional investors will be so sanguine.

Let alone Panasonic. Can you imagine how the BoD of a Japanese public company will view this? They're not quite as free & easy as we are over here.
Panasonic is very pleased with Tesla's corporate execution and is accelerating the installation of additional cell production lines at the Gigafactory. I don't think they have the same "cult of personality" view of Tesla that so many over here have; they recognize that Tesla is more than one person.

But this is the point--this is not a Japanese public company. This is TSLA run by Elon Musk. You want TSLA-like growth it comes with Musk-like behavior.

Would you prefer a sedate, well-behaved CEO and say 50K deliveries this last qtr--because the two things are linked.

Status
Not open for further replies.