Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It could cause the SEC to back out on the settlement. Or could mean that Musk is backing out. Or could cause the judge to back out.

I am pretty sure at this point that Musk's subconscious brain is telling him to get out. He should get out and take a vacation. The company's going to be OK, Jerome and JB are good hands.

I doubt the SEC will act out of pique - they will ignore this and carry on.

Was considering adding a small amount at todays closing price. Now I’m not.

Trying to think what an attractive price would be in the case that Elon goes full nuclear (rips up the settlement, large investors make public calls for him to step down etc). Under $200 seems like a steal given my 2020 earnings guesstimates and growth rate.
Under $200 is very clearly a steal. The growth rate might slow down a bit without Musk, but they're going to work out the Model 3 delivery problems, keep ramping up production, and get the Semi going. Jerome Guillen will make sure of that, and is probably better at straightening out the management issues at Tesla than Musk is.

Frankly I think anything under $300 is a steal at this point, now that Model 3 is in mass production and mass delivery... and none of the "competitors" are.

The SEC can't do a damn thing right now because there's an agreement. Elon can say whatever he wants indirectly about the SEC. If SEC punishes Elon for mocking them, then that kind of prove Elon being right that the SEC is acting subjectively and not objectively. So whatever, if he wants to vent he can vent.

What?

No one cares if the tweet is "in the agreement" or not. Taunting regulators is always stupid.

Do you taunt police officers when they pull you over? Do you taunt the IRS when paying taxes?

The SEC can create hell for any public company.

Why on Earth would anyone ever think it's a good idea to taunt them?

The SEC doesn't need a reason to audit and investigate.

All it takes is one pissed off manager and the number of investigators on the Tesla case is doubled.

My guess: pressure, stress, and disappointment at the stock performance after Tesla released the production and delivery numbers. Those were turning-point numbers for anyone that has been watching Tesla, but the market manipulation and unrelenting FUD and straight up lies by the media have succeeded in suppressing the stock and mis-informing millions of people. I completely "get it" and I don't know many people that could totally keep their cool in this situation.
If Tesla really were profitable and cash flow positive, the short-term stock price would not matter and long-term it would go up. Musk himself said the stock is volatile, and if you don't like it, don't invest. It has to be something more.

Reportedly, he was prepared to resign last Thursday. Maybe that IS what's happening here???

Reactions: neroden
Can you just imagine how you would feel right now if you worked for Tesla? They have spent the last quarter busting their tails to get production numbers met .... and many of those have options ..... how big do you feel Elon ? Hope that tweet made you feel like a Man as many people lost a lot since you decided to be such a big shot on twitter the last few months. It's inexcusable ..... I'm so pissed right now.

The extreme hypocrisy on this board baffles me! 95% of the people on this board wanted Elon to fight the SEC and said they were helping shorts. If you can’t handle Elon saying what ALL of us were thinking, get out.
Fighting the SEC by engaging in a long, drawn-out court case which goes to a jury a year from now when Tesla is blatantly successful -- fine. Tweeting childish taunts -- dumb.

If Tesla really were profitable and cash flow positive, the short-term stock price would not matter and long-term it would go up. Musk himself said the stock is volatile, and if you don't like it, don't invest. It has to be something more.

Reportedly, he was prepared to resign last Thursday. Maybe that IS what's happening here???
Hell, in his position, I'd resign. Remember, he already said:

If you have anyone who can do a better job, please let me know. They can have the job. Is there someone who can do the job better? They can have the reins right now.

Quoted in the NYT hit piece where they surrounded Musk's interview with hit-piece material.

At this point, with the worst problems resolved, Jerome Guillen probably can do a better job. Give him the reins and give Musk a vacation.

Tesla's weakness in lawyers is also an issue. They should be able to nail the reporter who spread the false headline about Tesla "missing" projections, but they don't have any lawyers competent enough to file the lawsuit. Musk's divorce lawyer remains a *bad* choice for Tesla's chief in-house legal counsel.

no but he's pissing the SEC for sure now and by insulting them making it personal. not sure making enemies out of the SEC is the way to go here.

The SEC is no ones friend and by definition is everyone's "enemy". They never reward you for doing the right thing, just fine you for doing the wrong thing. Technically everyone is the SEC's "enemy". Elon lashing out doesn't change the relationship between the SEC and Tesla, just potentially change his relationship between himself and shareholder's trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.