Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm most positive feed of news from my iPhone stock trader feed today. Told my wife on our walk today that I reactivated my twitter account(not really connected on social media) this last week. Told her I was fighting for truth. I told her not to think I was crazy but I truly feel like we’re part of an amazing point in history.... the Tesla effect!

Had a dream last week, woke up middle night karate chopping corrupt short sellers and journalists went back to bed and didn’t think of it till today after I woke in real life, watched an inspirational lecture by Mel Herbert MD about being an ER doc, dropped my daughter off at school, doubled down my Tesla investment. And look at this model 3 Go......

As TT007's unofficial fill-in, I gotta posit that the longer the judge takes to make a statement on the joint letter, the better I feel about it. Tesla didn't say almost anything, in pimpish fashion. I expect the judge to dismiss the case or otherwise rule strongly in Elon and Tesla's favor.

TSLA todamoon, probably tomorrow, this is an advice

For consistency, I see them doing the exact same methodology.

However I never thought of that as "raising capital" because I think they kept reservation money in an escrow account. (They collected the interest on 400million dollars of course :))

The Model Y reveal event and accompanying hype is going to make the Model 3 event look tiny. The word of mouth from existing owners will by 2019 be an exponential increase over that which Model 3 owners-to-be experienced when they were thinking about lining up and putting down their $1,000.

I can only guess how many dealers and managers from legacy automakers will be tuning in as well... just to see the writing on the wall.

Do you really think the Y event will be bigger than 3 was? More reservations? More excitement? For a not sexy CUV?

I don’t know. I haven’t really put any thought into it. I know I’ll be on the list asap for one. X wasn’t bigger than S, was it?

Last edited by a moderator:
CNBC reporting that Tesla is now producing only 3700 Model 3s per week because they only produced 7400 in the 2 weeks of this quarter so far, totally ignoring that today is only the 12th and the number is from earlier today, so it's actually only 11 days. At least they acknowledge that there was some downtime for maintenance.

Tesla produced 7,400 Model 3 sedans in the first two weeks of the quarter, report says

It takes some seriously “creative” journalism to turn 4700/week production into 3700/week.

I don't know what the split in the US is for those who can take advantage of the tax credit, but there is a common misconception around EV discussions that everyone has a large tax burden that will be offset by the credit.

2018 changes in tax code are substantial. Not just lowering rates and modifying brackets/, but also:
  • doubling the standard deduction
  • eliminating personal exemptions
  • raising child tax credit and AGI phase-out
  • capping deduction for state & local taxes
Anyone who needs the credit in order to make the numbers work should seek competent tax [an] advice.

After producing cars at full tilt at the end of September, is it any surprise that production might have been lower in early October? Those humans involved in production do need breaks, after all! Talk about Tesla being under a microscope...
CNBC reporting that Tesla is now producing only 3700 Model 3s per week because they only produced 7400 in the 2 weeks of this quarter so far, totally ignoring that today is only the 12th and the number is from earlier today, so it's actually only 11 days.

Tesla produced 7,400 Model 3 sedans in the first two weeks of the quarter, report says

• Funny
Reactions: wipster
you could sell stocks that you have in a taxable account, which would create a tax liability for the sale (short term is best for this) and then simply re-buy those stocks. You'll have the tax, but you will have reset the basis on the shares sold (and repurchased). the math on that one is pretty simple for capital gains.
If the corporation pays a dividend does that tactic potentially affect the holding period for whether the dividend is qualified?

There is confusion about government subsidies. Some are to make it possible for people to do what would otherwise be impossible. Public housing and food stamps are an example. Most government susidies and tax breaks are to shape behavior. It is not so much that the government wants to help anyone buy an EV, the government thinks that more EVs on the road serve a public good. The tax credit is there to shape behavior, not to save you money.
Isn't saving you money how they try to shape behavior? It would be far more effective if the credit could be carried over to multiple years and even more so if the SR 3 were out.

Do you really think the Y event will be bigger than 3 was? More reservations? More excitement? For a not sexy CUV?

I don’t know. I haven’t really put any thought into it. I know I’ll be on the list asap for one. X wasn’t bigger than S, was it?
What makes you think the Y won't be sexy? I think it will be sexier than the m3 personally and easier to make via the lessons learned on the m3. Didn't Elon say they're going to be able to reduce the amount or wiring by like a factor of 10 or something similar at the 2nd qtr. Q&A session?

It will be the Tesla all the others will dream about killing... and that's about all they'll be able to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.