Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
original_143528963.png

These people are COMEDIANS

Another bear switches teams:

View attachment 348797

I’m all in with cash but since this clueless late to the party clown says “buy” I think I’ll empty out the heloc and bet the farm tomorrow.

I wonder often if I must be living in an alternate universe from these Tesla haters. I’m not implying that massive success is a guarantee, but I’ve never seen anything more obvious in my life time. I knew the moment I sat in the model S for my first test drive almost 6 years ago.

i've counted like 4 or 5 different articles in mainstream newspapers with headlines along the lines of "WHY DID NOBODY SEE TESLA'S THIRD QUARTER PROFITABILITY COMING?" and it's driving me crazy because it seems like *anyone* could have easily seen it coming from over a quarter away. aside from Elon saying it, all you had to do was some very simple math, or look at the numbers from the previous quarter and extrapolate. it was super obvious, and what's more, Tesla and Elon both repeatedly told everyone it was coming.

it just goes to show how thoroughly the shorts continue to manipulate the media and dictate the narrative.

very frustrating that journalists can't be a little more savvy about considering the bias of their sources.

I guess he did mean by next year, I thought he meant that it would be available sometime next year: Elon Musk on Twitter

Elon Musk‏Verified account @elonmusk 12h12 hours ago
Replying to @elonmusk @rarelyserious @Tesla
For those unfamiliar, this uses Tesla Autopark/Summon. Slightly smarter version hopefully ready soon. By next year, a Tesla should be able to drive around a parking lot, find an empty spot, read signs to confirm it’s valid & park.

Elon Musk‏Verified account @elonmusk 4m4 minutes ago
Tesla advanced Summon ready in ~6 weeks! Just an over-the-air software upgrade, so will work on all cars made in past 2 years (Autopilot hardware V2+).

Things must be moving faster than we thought... (Or at least than I thought.)

Last edited:
I guess he did mean by next year, I thought he meant that it would be available sometime next year: Elon Musk on Twitter

Things must be moving faster than we thought internally...

Parking here in Vancouver Canada is very expensive and hard to fine. I would prefer my Tesla drive around the parking lot pretending to find a spot while I shop. Would save me money on parking... LOL

He had over time been on the board of some three dozen or more, a fact that in itself I know rankles at least one prolific poster here, but he viewed himself as a cross-pollinator, one of the very last of the so-called professional directors.
Back then, when many innovators were allowed to innovate, and many smart people could spread good ideas that worked well in a high variety of fields (still true today but we seem to have forgotten that), and when almost everyone in our country spoke the same language so we could communicate effectively, thoroughly, and quickly, and before MBAs became some of the stupidest people on the planet, that cross-pollination would have been beneficial. Add to that that that capability was quickly erased in subsequent generations (war, communism, etc.), and his abilities probably became comparatively superior and thus lived on for generations. Now that those fields have been corrupted, the same behavior today would be to spread evil (and destruction and inability), not spread good ideas. Similar function, different sources, so different outcomes. Plus, at a certain point, the mind gets full, so I have no idea what effect that had on him, but for him to recognize the future for so long ... even to the end.

1958 is 13 years after 1945. How have your views of things changed in just 13 years? Thus the 2005 question earlier.
2005? In 2005, I thought everyone in the Middle East was from some odd evil religion, including KSA. Now, I know better, MUCH much better.

"Now I've seen the future - and this is it"..

May your father’s memory always be a blessing.

Whenever I take someone under 30 for a ride in my Tesla for the first time, the reaction is always “this is the future”. This is their future, and they don’t say it with astonishment, but with excited expectation.

And as for 2005, well it was around then that I started to read a blog put out by a company called Tesla that didn’t have a product yet, but had a plan to transform the auto industry with electric cars. And I distinctly remember when I first read the blog thinking: “this is the future.”

Enjoy the commentary from today... jimmy d’S podcast was epic. Learned a lot. Saving money for hw 3 upgrade. But v 9 is very nice. Public starting to get idea of what Tesla is all about. I watched rogan podcast again tonight. Great marketing. All this SEC stuff will pass and I expect grid services and energy storage to be unveiled. Maybe V3 supercharger is mega packs with solar/starlink/charging/coffee.... not constrained to any existing infrastructure... maybe model y doesn’t have falcon doors, but a 6 seater that has a huge hatchback that allows ramp up into whole back of vehicle... glad David pouge got a model 3. He is a good respected source, wrote another good article today. Less FUD it seems, but don’t expect much change....

i've counted like 4 or 5 different articles in mainstream newspapers with headlines along the lines of "WHY DID NOBODY SEE TESLA'S THIRD QUARTER PROFITABILITY COMING?" and it's driving me crazy because it seems like *anyone* could have easily seen it coming from over a quarter away. aside from Elon saying it, all you had to do was some very simple math, or look at the numbers from the previous quarter and extrapolate. it was super obvious, and what's more, Tesla and Elon both repeatedly told everyone it was coming.

it just goes to show how thoroughly the shorts continue to manipulate the media and dictate the narrative.

very frustrating that journalists can't be a little more savvy about considering the bias of their sources.

Perhaps we should just be grateful for the opportunity to confidently buy undervalued stock. Yes, it would have been a different story if the FUD and shorting had somehow prevented Tesla from reaching escape velocity, but it didn't, and this is how legends are born - success against the odds, fighting evil at every turn. (And I don't use that word flippantly, it IS evil to reduce our chances against the CO2 problem)

A few months ago, the same LA Times reporter (Russ Mitchell) referred to Mark Spiegel as "an analyst" -- another comically bad description.

He seems to like presenting obviously anti-Tesla sources as neutral. Doesn't reflect well on his journalism.

I think he meant "analist", but got auto-corrected.

EDIT: and that's Trent on ignore now...

Last edited:
Parking here in Vancouver Canada is very expensive and hard to fine. I would prefer my Tesla drive around the parking lot pretending to find a spot while I shop. Would save me money on parking... LOL
Funny enough this is kinda what the future of cars are aspiring to become. Allegedly, 90% of car ownership is an idle parked car taking up space.

If cars are in coninunous motion, waiting or searching for a customer to drive somewhere, a vast majority of parking infrastrure can be utilized for other activities (green space, other businesses, etc...)

Also, it might change the concept of ownership, leading to a pay for mobility on demand, which also leads to a reduction of actual automobiles on the road. We may see a notable decline in autos manufacturered, which can actually accelerate transition to all electric global fleet dramatically.

It’s mind boggling the implications and it’s starts with a “summon” update over the air...

Also, it might change the concept of ownership, leading to a pay for mobility on demand, which also leads to a reduction of actual automobiles on the road. We may see a notable decline in autos manufacturered, which can actually accelerate transition to all electric global fleet dramatically.
That's the concept of ride share, and it's what Uber and Lyft are doing today. However, full autonomous will bring the concept of ride share to the next level.

Could only imagine what would go on inside one of those cars without a human present. Would be some sticky seats. No thanks
Exactly i would never allow some stranger use a car of mine. I could see the benefit to reduce the nr. of cars per household. I just can't imagine how a driverless car would manage the congested narrow situations over here in a European city. Every other crossing you have to communicate with handsigns / horns / highbeams etc. to try to achieve sort of smooth traffic (letting pass someone even if he has not the right of way etc.). I just fear the cars would be stranded, thus being the cause of even more congestion. That would really be bad PR. Frankly i am highly sceptical of the benefits.

Exactly i would never allow some stranger use a car of mine. I could see the benefit to reduce the nr. of cars per household. I just can't imagine how a driverless car would manage the congested narrow situations over here in a European city. Every other crossing you have to communicate with handsigns / horns / highbeams etc. to try to achieve sort of smooth traffic (letting pass someone even if he has not the right of way etc.). I just fear the cars would be stranded, thus being the cause of even more congestion. That would really be bad PR. Frankly i am highly sceptical of the benefits.

Lots of technologies don't work 'somewhere', but work great 'elsewhere'. Bicycles are great for Canberra, but not Northern Sydney (too hilly). Evaporative a/c works in the dry west, but not the humid coast. We can't write it off because some places aren't suitable for version 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.