Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesla (deliveries to consumers) and GM (sales to dealers) report soon after the end of a quarter. Most of the others report right after the end of a month.

OEMs report inventory. Ideally 60 days. Sometimes more and sometimes less.

When OEMs report sales they are reporting sales to end consumer. Be that retail or fleet. Also includes cars registered and plated for cars used in dealer loaner fleets, usually this number is not material.

Debunked: Elon Musk on Twitter

"#’s r wrong, but
1f43b.png
in
1f9e0.png
Tesla makes
1f698.png
s 4 overseas & East Coast in 1st half of quarter

Now we know how many "a few days" are in Elon time...

Can we keep the personal jabs about short sellers (or anyone) out of this thread?

I think Anton's articles are wrong and terribly misleading, but that doesn't justify mocking his face. Take the high road.

Indeed, it's not his fault he was born that way.

What about the dickie-bow though...?

If this were the case Dems wouldn't be losing so many elections. Dems abandoned unions a long time back. That's why non-college educated white men have been voting more and more Republican.

I’ll leave you with this: SEIU, Teachers, Teamsters are still very influential in Democratic politics (and of course NYT, waPo, LaT are info conduits).

Of course, as I noted, Repubs have Koch, oil/gas, auto dealers with WSJ as an info conduit. Business Insider speaks for euro non-Tesla interests.

Tesla is disrupting the status quo which imperils the power basis of both sides of the aisle. We will continue to see attacks for the foreseeable future.

Btw: Union white males leaving Dem party has other reasons behind it.

In any event, looks like FUD attacks are getting weaker with SP staying strong.

Looking forward to breaking 350’s/360’s by next week.

This is absolutely fine - first month of any Tesla quarter are always lower.

I think it is tremendously good.

Q3 month 1 Tesla had inventory delivered which was held Q2 to protect Q3 and Q4 for the $7,500 rebate.

Now ~17000 deliveries without any padding after a quarter result of lowest in hand inventory since model 3 began.

And same # of iPhones sold as last year. Revenue is higher because X costs more.

Bear in mind that the XR is only hitting the streets now, I think that's going to be huge.

In any case, selling the same amount of goods for a higher price and margin, seems pretty bullish to me...

Apple still missing something new though, something INNOVATIVE

I’ll leave you with this: SEIU, Teachers, Teamsters are still very influential in Democratic politics (and of course NYT, waPo, LaT are info conduits).
I follow this stuff very closely. Your information is dated - like dated by decades. Just look at the TPP fiasco. Yes, teachers are still influential - but industrial workers have lost almost all influence compared to employers.

In any case, selling the same amount of goods for a higher price and margin, seems pretty bullish to me...
I guess that kind of growth is not very sustainable, though.

BTW, tells us why Apple wanted to make an EV - and their failure (till date) says something about Tesla. Though I've to say, any kind of Apple EV announcement will probably drag TSLA down.

Reactions: Tslynk67
Status
Not open for further replies.