Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! Somebody really needs to reduce these file sizes.

How much smaller are the files if you remove all the non-TSLA data? Multiple multi-hundred MB downloads would be a huge waste.

Are you able to host files somewhere?

Cheers!

Sorry, I got caught up in watching the elections and the TSLA stock ticker...

Ignoring the non-TSLA data, the June zip file reduces to 1.4 MB.

With a more modern compression (xz), the size reduces to 0.9 MB. But never mind.

The TSLA-only data can be downloaded from here (also without a dropbox account, just click the top-right Download-button and if necessary click no thank you in the suggested sign-in window):

Dropbox - TSLA-FNSQsh201806.txt.zip

Dropbox - TSLA-FNSQsh201807.txt.zip

Dropbox - TSLA-FNSQsh201808.txt.zip

Dropbox - TSLA-FNSQsh201809.txt.zip

Btw, here are the first months of 2018:

Dropbox - TSLA-FNSQsh201801.txt.zip

Dropbox - TSLA-FNSQsh201802.txt.zip

Dropbox - TSLA-FNSQsh201803.txt.zip

Dropbox - TSLA-FNSQsh201804.txt.zip

Dropbox - TSLA-FNSQsh201805.txt.zip

Last edited:
Sorry, I got caught up in watching the elections and the TSLA stock ticker...

Ignoring the non-TSLA data, the June zip file reduces to 1.4 MB.

With a more modern compression (xz), the size reduces to 0.9 MB. But never mind.

The TSLA-only data can be downloaded from here (also without a dropbox account, just click the top-right Download-button):

Dropbox - TSLA-FNSQsh201806.txt.zip

Dropbox - TSLA-FNSQsh201807.txt.zip

Dropbox - TSLA-FNSQsh201808.txt.zip

Dropbox - TSLA-FNSQsh201809.txt.zip

Btw, here is April and May:

Dropbox - TSLA-FNSQsh201804.txt.zip

Dropbox - TSLA-FNSQsh201805.txt.zip

Wasn't following, but looks like $TSLA SP on a per-second sample, is that right?

Edit: with volume too now, I see

Thanks!

Last edited:
Wasn't following, but looks like $TSLA SP on a per-second sample, is that right?

It's actually transaction level data of short sales, which is released by the FINRA for NASDAQ. The timestamps have seconds resolution, but are per transaction and presumably time ordered within a single second.

I.e. the file includes only the sell transactions of traders who had a short position in Tesla at the time of the trade - so analyzing it allows the determination of whether specific price action features are associated with short sellers or not. Transactions by longs (buys and sells) are not included, nor are the covering buys of shorts included: which would be rather interesting, but are hidden by the SEC.

Reagarding chairperson choice, can I just say I love the selection due to Australian notice requirements?
So that she will be able to devote her full attention to the Tesla Chair role, Robyn will be leaving her role as CFO and Head of Strategy at Telstra, Australia’s largest telecommunications company, once her six-month notice period with Telstra is complete.
To ensure a smooth transition during the remainder of Robyn’s time at Telstra, Elon will be a resource to Robyn and provide any support that she requests in her role as Chair.

Chairperson replacement undertaken, 6 months definately.
Next up: shorts complaining the Chair of Tesla is helping SpaceX with Starlink..

I would live to see the actual analysis behind those conclusions. Having lived in Sweden for a while, I am flummoxed that their tax system is considered lenient on the rich.

That doesn't say that they are lenient on the rich. It says they are hard on everyone, but fairly equally. In the US overall taxes are far lower, but they fall overwhelmingly on the highest earners. (meaning the tax system is highly progressive)

That is laid out conceptually in the Thomas Piketty article I linked to in the post prior to the one with the chart. (he is talking about France, but the same applies)

In the US overall taxes are far lower, but they fall overwhelmingly on the highest earners. (meaning the tax system is highly progressive)

That is false, it is one of the "Big Lies" about U.S. taxation: in the U.S. vast categories of the income of the richest 0.1% are not taxed at all, or are taxed at very low rates. The effective tax on new wealth earned by the richest 0.1% is less than 10%...

I cited the numbers and gave you references in past replies to you: in reality the U.S. taxation is one of the least progressive ones of all advanced economies, and certain taxation policies are highly regressive.

For example the Gini Index of the U.S. is worse than that of Europe, Australia, Canada and Japan:
1920px-2014_Gini_Index_World_Map%2C_income_inequality_distribution_by_country_per_World_Bank.svg.png

This is also rather off topic for the Market Action thread.

Last edited:
It seems the short's vassals have positive attitude towards her- Dana Hull on Twitter

How did you convince her?

In any case- they are becoming more irrelevant with any passing day.

There is a big difference between need for convincing and believing. :)
This question indicates how owner of it thinks that world of disturbance/innovators works.
I know which world works under convincing. :)

In fact, I just checked. Sweden's investment income tax rate? 30%. Their national work income tax rate? From 20% to 25% nationally. But the up to ~32% municipal income tax (!!!!) raises it massively. It appears that this replaces property tax funding! No property tax! -- but the municipal income tax for some reason exempts capital gains, so there's a tax break there...
There's still some property tax in Sweden but it used to be a lot higher, like forcing people to sell their houses high. There's a capital gains tax when selling property that's effectively 22%. Capital gains tax on other investments is 30% but you can get around that through an investment account and then you pay a small percentage of your accounts total. It depends on interest rates and since they're low right now the tax is really low. Our Riksbank is still at -0.5%. Maybe I'll get a negative tax too. :rolleyes:

Isn't it kind of unusual that this will be a full time role for the new chairperson. I think most Chairperson are shared with the CEO or part time roles.

To me actually a good thing as I think Elon needs good people around him focused on executing the vision.

Thank goodness it wasn’t Murdoch. I wish her well!

Status
Not open for further replies.