Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the bloodbath is going to influence the Fed’s decision making. That by itself could turn the market around.

From past experience, they usually react too late. From what I am seeing, this is affecting income generating asset now. A real recession is definitely happening.
But the fed is dumb and don't know how to feel the market. Which means they will continue to hike until the market crash, just like begore.

"When it hits $330 today"? Cheer up, it might never happen. Today just shows why short-term trading is a gamble.

Just because a person monitors the price doesn't mean they're engaged in "short term trading". Many of us are just looking for good entrance and exit points. My horizons are quarterly. I view the quarterly reports are reliable, date-predictable, thesis-proving-or-debunking market movers (one way or another), and I want to be around for them.

From past experience, they usually react too late. From what I am seeing, this is affecting income generating asset now. A real recession is definitely happening.
But the fed is dumb and don't know how to feel the market. Which means they will continue to hike until the market crash, just like begore.

A correction is long overdue. What's happening is a good thing. The market has been overheated for the past couple years.

Did you mean to say "didn't"? Not sure I understand :(

Yes, I meant didn’t. I should have used the word production instead of adoption or specified EV adoption by OEMs. I assumed everyone here knew what I meant/could read my mind.

OEMs should be pumping out EVs like crazy by now, that was the Tesla plan; show that EVs could be compelling, spurring them all on. But that didn’t happen. So a few years back Elon changed his mind about what Tesla would do to make OEMs produce EVs or die. My money is on die.

Just because a person monitors the price doesn't mean they're engaged in "short term trading". Many of us are just looking for good entrance and exit points. My horizons are quarterly. I view the quarterly reports are reliable, date-predictable, thesis-proving-or-debunking market movers (one way or another), and I want to be around for them.

I'm aware, but there are people who definitely are short-term traders. Monitoring and looking for the right point to enter or exit certainly makes sense, but egging it on to reach $330 or whatever other point is just annoying. :) If the poster used the word "if" instead of "when" I would never have even posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.