Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is great news for Tesla. Research a bit about the new lawyer and his firm.
Williams & Connolly LLP is a prominent law firm based in Washington, D.C.. In 2019, it was ranked the most selective law firm in the United States. This new general counsel is the Chairman of Williams & Connolly. The firm has 200~300 attorneys, not a small firm. Everything Elon is setting up is top notch, he will not settle for the second best.

Statement from this new lawyer:
“Tesla’s mission is bigger than Tesla—one that is critical to the future of our planet.”
“It’s hard to identify a mission more timely, more essential, or more worth fighting for”

Statement from the leaving lawyer: “Being part of Tesla for the last five years has been the highlight of my career, Tesla has been like family to me, and I am extremely grateful to Elon, the board, the executive team, and everyone at Tesla for allowing me to play a part in this incredible company.”

I have no clue and also don't care if this news will affect the stock in near term. I expect Tesla to have spectacular growth in the next 3 years, and the next 10 years.

Edit: "In 2019" should be "In 2019 Vault Ranking List"
They are #1 among the most selective law firms;
#1 Best law firms for white collar defense and internal investigations.
I wonder if this is a sign that Tesla may be aggressively taking on some if the legal battles that they've been dancing around or halfheartedly dealing with over the years. 1) NADA/state's laws on selling without dealers 2) slander/defamation 3) market manipulation

Went to the Ghent store to take a look at the Model 3. There was a steady flow of people looking at the Model 3 without long wait times, the store personnel said it has been similar to that since it was on display yesterday. They thought the people that had to see it ASAP had gone to the Zaventem store a week ago. They thought most of the reservation holders would go for the long range or performance edition, and only a low percentage would wait for the short range. They also said that new reservations for a LR or P would be delivered in H1 2019.
My wife seems to like the one that was on display (MC red with black interior). For the moment only Tesla employees can start ordering (in Belgium) but normally everbody should have had the chance to order before the end of the month.
To me that looks like they want to get as much orders as possible before the start their EU batch, so that they can produce as efficient as possible.

I need "an advice"
I have most of my Tesla holding in my 401k IRA and some in my 401K Roth IRA. Since I have little doubt that the share price will increase. Would it not make sense to move as much as I can from the traditional IRA to the Roth and pay the tax hit now?

My timeline is roughly two years before I would start to cash out of any stock.

WEBINARJAM | Trump Tax Strategies for the Affluent (requires registration but if you are ~65 +/- worth watching)

Reactions: Drax7
We’ll probably get some selling into this pre market pop and an open over 370. Mid 36x during the day is highly likely. But this pre 371$. I’m loving it.

$10 stronger so far - might be early stages of forced short covering?

Unusually high volume as well, considering the seasonality of December trading.

A 30 second SB commercial cost ~$5M depending on when it airs.

It would be reshown and talked about all over the media dozens of times.

I wouldn't advertise a car per se but make it a brand building ad.

Talk about The Mission. And the fact that Teslas are Made in America by an American company that are powered almost exclusively by American sourced energy which leads to National Energy Independence. Waive the Stars and Stripes a little. Chevy and Ford Truck Style.
While demand is solid in the US and increasingly worldwide, an absolutely soul grabbing branding ad might be just the thing to rocket sales and SP into the new year and beyond. Sorry for the off market post, but it looks like TSLA is doing splendidly today.

Reactions: RobStark
Status
Not open for further replies.