Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tends to believe anything he is told, like solar roads, or using "waste" energy from humans for electricity, i.e. stuff on the level of perpetual energy machines. We'll just have to wait to see what it is.

I would more say that he's uncritical when he's doing a segment specifically on a company - largely because the companies in question pay for at least some of the Fully Charged episodes, so they get their PR blurbs presented - but is far more critical when doing something like news segments.

I do wish he were more critical of the companies he were interviewing, though, but I understand why he isn't, and that's something you have to be aware of (although he discloses when the company paid for the episode).

• Informative
Reactions: immunogold
Of course, Tripp is only dangling at the end of the string, but if Tesla's new hot-shot lawyer can carefully wind up that string in Discovery and litigation, then the world could find out who is holding the other end.
I somehow doubt Elon has far reaching goals here, nothing like that was ever voiced. Tripp messed with the company software and divulged company's trade secrets and has to be punished for that to prevent anybody else getting similar ideas in the future.
But come on, anybody thinks that there will be audio recordings proving BI "ordered" him to hack the software? I seriously doubt anybody else can get on the hook for that.

Agree 100%. Elon is a very good chess player, and I don't think Tripp is his target. Through discovery, looking at where the money flows and "cutting a deal", I think we'll see subsequent charges against BI, New York Times, Montana Skeptic, Jim Chanos, Einhorn, Spiegel, et al. Mr. Tripp is small potatoes. As the list of players increases, it is very reasonable that RICO will be invoked. What they have been doing is very much Racketeering. Their efforts and methods are synchronized and far beyond free speech, well within the realm of stock manipulation. I wouldn't be surprised to see some SEC rule changes for stock derivatives.

I'm with the Honey Badger.

this sounds very farfetched

I know! Actually, I have feeling things are winding up for a massive jump. All we need is a catalyst. I am hoping I can clear more funds for more shares before this happens.

It feels like sitting on a rocket, waiting for something to light the fuse. We saw some squeeze action on Dec 7. Prior session closing $3 above three month high on that occasion was enough to trigger margin calls. We haven't had a close that far above three month high since. Imagine a day with a close 6 or 7 dollars into new territory.... boom. Shorts would be acutely aware they are sitting on a hair trigger, doing whatever possible to ensure it doesn't trip.

Just finished my factory tour. There's actually an NDA for people who went on the tour because we saw things which are considered secrets for the company. I didn't know this before, but Tesla is apparently a publicly traded company with secrets they want to protect. ;)

Anyways, the only generic statement I can make about what I saw is "Things are looking pretty good."

Are there any explanations for consistent dips at the end of the day aside from intentional manipulation?
I'm under an NDA and would like to be invited back for future tours someday. I've said all I plan to say.
If they produced 2k model 3s today alone then either don't reply to this or reply and say that I'm wrong or that you can't comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.