Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's with everybody changing their profile pictures?
Did I miss a memo?
And still nobody has actually found a picture from the movie... Google is your friend!

My spouse and I have the same views on those things that tend to end relationships/marriages; money, religion, politics and family. We prize fairness, loyalty and honesty. And we want to end up at the same destination, though occasionally will take different roads along the way because individuals.

We made an agreement very early on in our relationship that there would be a discussion and agreement before big purchases. Back in the day that was like anything over $50. Nowadays we don’t really have a dollar figure but will often discuss for purchases under $100 and almost always over. A lot of times the discussion is about value for price, not the price itself. And sometimes the discussion is about timing and deciding if it’s better to wait for a million different reasons.

So, yes. Our investment decisions are always discussed and agreed upon. We’ve made good and bad ones over the years. Currently, we’re prepared to live by the TSLA or die by the TSLA.
So you're not spending hours here everyday under instructions from your wife to learn how to make TSLA money like the rest of us? Why stay? Don't you have any real interests? When my wife goes shopping, I sometimes read up on beekeeping - fascinating stu gtg

And still nobody has actually found a picture from the movie... Google is your friend!

So you're not spending hours here everyday under instructions from your wife to learn how to make TSLA money like the rest of us? Why stay? Don't you have any real interests? When my wife goes shopping, I sometimes read up on beekeeping - fascinating stu gtg
I’ve been here so long I could detail where this post is misguided 8P but I’m not gonna...

• Funny
Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
From Bloomberg:

One drawback -- the charger offers more power than current models can take on. The BMW i3 limits its power intake to 50 kilowatts, while the battery-powered iX3 will triple that to 150 kilowatts when it rolls out in 2020.

For the test vehicles to withstand the full electricity surge, Porsche used a cooling system that keeps battery cells at a steady temperature, while the charging cables were cooled too. Siemens provided a higher electric voltage energy supply to test the limits of the power jolt.
---------------

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!

Seriously, how can they publish this FUD? It belongs in the Onion!
https://cat.sv.us.criteo.com/delive..._remarketing&param=148973&criteoSource=native

From Bloomberg:

One drawback -- the charger offers more power than current models can take on. The BMW i3 limits its power intake to 50 kilowatts, while the battery-powered iX3 will triple that to 150 kilowatts when it rolls out in 2020.

For the test vehicles to withstand the full electricity surge, Porsche used a cooling system that keeps battery cells at a steady temperature, while the charging cables were cooled too. Siemens provided a higher electric voltage energy supply to test the limits of the power jolt.
---------------

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!

Seriously, how can they publish this FUD? It belongs in the Onion!
So, this is was a just lab research exercise..

• Funny
Reactions: wipster
Interesting! According to DISQUS commenter carsonight, Tesla GF1 now has 2 bty cell production lines producing ~300K cells per day dedicated to TE.

That's about 0.324 GWh per month, or 3.888 GWh per year. So if Tesla runs full bore, they can crank out both these MegaPack projects in 2019 and have about 2 GWh spare cell capacity to use for home Powerwalls and commercial Powerpacks.

Sweet! :p
That assumes no changes in the production capacity of GF1 in 2019. Not likely. Most likely it will be much more than that.

I think they mean that they made $10 per share for each of the 44 covered calls sold last week - so $44,000 total earned.

The $400 covered calls are for this week (I sold some too when the stock was at $372 or so Friday).

Aye, sold them near the money on Monday afternoon after seeing the big dive the previous Friday. Expected something similar might happen this week and the volatility was extra high since they were monthly expiration. Worked out well for me!

Reactions: Lessmog
Same here - I had never seen "mm" used to mean "million" until today. Clearly it's not something that's in general usage, as many people here aren't recognizing it. So... don't do it.

Otherwise I'm going to start referring to thousands like 1þ, 2þ, 3þ, etc, and then when people get confused and complain, respond "well everyone I talk to around here understands it, so you just need to get used to it..." ;)
I’m so glad Napoleon Bonaparte forced us to use the metric system. Thank God shares can only bought per piece, not per foot or gallon.

OT

So, this is was a just lab research exercise..

Yes. And there are many reasons to be cynic about that. I chose to look at this differently: For years VW & Co. were content to push PowerPoints and clay models. Now they are a step further and mock-up charging stations etc. which are at least publicly accessible. Same thing with the Ionity chargers: yes, they are not yet 350kw (so that's a vaporware promise) but they are >100kw as they stand which is great so Tesla is not the only charging network that offers these speeds.

Is all this the real deal? Nope, certainly not. But we are getting closer and closer. I wonder how many folks would cross-shop a Model X vs. iPace vs. eTron and realise that from the purchasing experience to the car (efficiency, OTA updates etc.) all the way to charging networks (superchargers & destination chargers) Tesla has the real deal while the others seem to be where Tesla was in 2013.

Tesla not being the only offer in town validates their offering: Kia & Hyundai can't match production volume, the Germans can't get their cars to market etc.

Last edited:
occvpfbiv5dz4mrska2z.jpg

Perhaps in 5 or 10 years your friends will reflect back on their choices and buy a Tesla then?

In terms of more people buying Tesla stock the time frame is probably going to be more like "5-10 months" - maybe faster.

Most people are a lot less emotional about stock investments, especially when their prior decision was to "not buy", i.e. deferred the purchase.

Turning that into "buy" is a relatively quick decision for many, now that media sentiment is turning and Tesla is demonstrating financial success. Few people pretend to be infallible about investment decisions, and Tesla's improved financials are "new data" in any case. Plus there's always opportunistic greed as well: the process that drove Bitcoin for years can drive a real breakthroughs like EVs/Tesla even longer.

A Tesla short turning into a long is a lot harder OTOH IMO, as it takes quite some self-reflexion to admit that you were not only wrong, but that you were an idiot as well. ;)

In terms of people buying Tesla cars I'm pretty optimistic as well: most people are emotional about car purchases, and this works in Tesla's favor: the cars look sexy AF and a purchase decision often takes only a test drive. :D

LOLs!

Mars Probe Lost Due to Simple Math Error. NASA lost its $125-million Mars Climate Orbiter because spacecraft engineers failed to convert from English to metric measurements when exchanging vital data before the craft was launched, space agency officials said Thursday. ... In a sense, the spacecraft was lost in translation.Oct 1, 1999
Mars Probe Lost Due to Simple Math Error - latimes

articles.latimes.com/1999/oct/01/news/mn-17288

Yeah, and that's proof for @RobStark's thesis: the moment the U.S. wasn't a pure imperial units country it lost a space probe to the horrors of the mixed metric/imperial system!

Reminds me of this classic:

standards.png

Elon said exactly that, $100/KWh at the cell lever this year and pack level by 2020. I have wondered if Tesla would license the tech to accelerate the mission.

Unlikely IMO: would you license a money printing press, or would you use it to build more Gigafactories to accelerate the mission?

Shared infrastructure like Supercharger network, or trade barriers like software patents are a different matter.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Status
Not open for further replies.