Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all digital; there's no "physical" policy to print. I just emailed my insurance company to ask whether they could print something out to make Tesla happy. I simultaneously sent Farmers an email to see if they do one-day policies. Hopefully I'll find some "[email protected]-acceptable" solution tomorrow; I only have a few days to get this resolved.

Take a screenshot and print that?

Q4 downside: The Fred tax of P3D discounts. 50m?

No way IMHO: if the take-rate for Performance is 10% then this limits the total number of Q3 Performance deliveries to ~5,600. But I'd say about half of those were P+ already, and this only affects the P- sales, and not all of them will be taking the refund.

$5m for every 1,000 refunds.

• Helpful
Reactions: SpaceCash
No way IMHO: if the take-rate for Performance is 10% then this limits the total number of Q3 Performance deliveries to ~5,600. But I'd say about half of those were P+ already, and this only affects the P- sales, and not all of them will be taking the refund.

There is no refund for p3- buyers. The effect of 0 dollars.

• Disagree
Reactions: juanmedina
You know, I had been shaking my head in disappointment about this feature. I really hate toilet humour, to the point that if something I'm watching decides to focus on toilet humour, I usually stop watching it. I mean, grow up people. And when Tesla came out with this, my reaction was, "grow up, Elon" :Þ

However, now that I realize that this is actually PRANK MODE, I have an entirely different viewpoint on this feature! ;)
Karen, what had me laughing so hard was the visual of a few Tesla engineers sitting around making and choosing which if the fart sounds to use. In case you do not know, there are about 8 choices of sounds all with "interesting" titles.

With all the seriousness of news/fud/shorts/longs/charging speeds/competition or not is coming/on and on and on...etc, etc.....it is fun just to throw some humor into the mix. Oh yeah, and the "romantic mode", that's priceless!! Seriously, I would never buy another car without it.

There is no refund for p3- buyers. The effect of 0 dollars.
Elon Musk on Twitter

Screenshot_20181218-212609.png

Actually it was only the P3D+ that got the $5k refunds originally. (Which have started showing up in mailboxes.)

But Elon just tweeted that the P3D- qualifies for the $5k refund as well.

My guess is that almost everyone that knows about it will take it. (As $5k in the hand is worth way more than FUSC.)

Actually it was only the P3D+ that got the $5k refunds originally. (Which have started showing up in mailboxes.)

But Elon just tweeted that the P3D- qualifies for the $5k refund as well.

My guess is that almost everyone that knows about it will take it. (As $5k in the hand is worth way more than FUSC.)

Even if every single Performance sale qualifies and takes the refund it's about $25m max, and anecdotally there's people who don't want the refund.

I think If Tesla executes well I do not see big trouble for Tesla ahead, First quarter worldwide high trim model 3 demand around 3-4 K weekly , 2-3 domestic, If things work out with china Model S X demand will increase, at end of first quarter if Model 3 standard battery is not ready may be standard interior will be introduced so with mid range 46 K go down to 42,250 with Federal rebates and with some states rebates it will be under 40 K, I could see some downward price adjustment on Auto pilot price , maintaing same margin with higher volume.

Affects all P sales in Q3, both were getting refunds. Take rate for the refund will be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.