Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One car twice?

To be more precise: Hit me, then ran over my face, then stopped the car, took a look at me, decided he had to kill me as now I could identify him (illegal immigrant, didn’t want to get shipped home....his words later on), then got back in the car, ran over me again in reverse, then dragged me 50’ as my body got wedged under the engine bay.

My wife put a sticker on my car (the black S) that says ‘no bad day’, because I haven’t had a bad day since leaving the hospital. Sorry for OT...but ya know, weekend and all

Tomorrow should indeed provide a strong test for the MaxPain thesis. Between that and the multi-witching (take your pick at counting witches), those of us who munch popcorn should ingest many, many calories.
Even though the SP didn't end at max pain (340) - and infact was tad below 320 - I think proves MaxPain thesis.

Clearly there was an attempt by some powerful interests to keep the price above 320 and some others to keep below 320. This ensured that at the close we'd end up around 320.

BTW, this enabled me to set the correct limit to sell the calls I had bought yesterday when SP was around 321 - I had doubled down by buying more today when the SP was 314. So, when I finally sold at 320, could make a tidy profit.

To be more precise: Hit me, then ran over my face, then stopped the car, took a look at me, decided he had to kill me as now I could identify him (illegal immigrant, didn’t want to get shipped home....his words later on), then got back in the car, ran over me again in reverse, then dragged me 50’ as my body got wedged under the engine bay.

My wife put a sticker on my car (the black S) that says ‘no bad day’, because I haven’t had a bad day since leaving the hospital. Sorry for OT...but ya know, weekend and all

OT

Thanks for your service. I served on the Midway as part of a Marine squadron.

Much respect for flight crews.....

My god man! That’s horrible! Amazing you survived.

I hope that guy is rotting in jail.

So random datapoint - one that you've heard a million times before, I'm sure. I'm in the US now, and while my test drive is tomorrow, I took a sneak peak by the Tesla store and saw a Model 3 for the first time in person. Ready for the story you've heard a million times?

Gorgeous. Way better than the pictures, and I expected a lot from the pictures. Way roomier inside than I expected, even after hearing that exact same thing said many times before. Loved the open-pore wood. Loved the handles. Loved the seats. Loved the screen. Loved everything about the bloody thing. And so can't wait to drive it tomorrow.

Tesla does amazing work. Seriously, my heartfelt thanks to everyone who worked on it. This thing is going to take over Europe the same way it did the US.

*Good Lord! button*

So random datapoint - one that you've heard a million times before, I'm sure. I'm in the US now, and while my test drive is tomorrow, I took a sneak peak by the Tesla store and saw a Model 3 for the first time in person. Ready for the story you've heard a million times?

Gorgeous. Way better than the pictures, and I expected a lot from the pictures. Way roomier inside than I expected, even after hearing that exact same thing said many times before. Loved the open-pore wood. Loved the handles. Loved the seats. Loved the screen. Loved everything about the bloody thing. And so can't wait to drive it tomorrow.

Tesla does amazing work. Seriously, my heartfelt thanks to everyone who worked on it. This thing is going to take over Europe the same way it did the US.

Right?! You don’t really know until you experience it.

NVDA is my smallest position now sold at the right time around peak most of it and bought TSLA instead and you know what?

I feel very good still having that small position because the value is still in that stock although the numbers don't show it .... for now. Wait and if you have the time the true value will be reflected again. The same is true for TSLA. It can take a while but one of my investment rules is never expose yourself to any time related forced sale or liquidity shortages and your are able to make free decisions.

If you are able to do your home work to find value and you have time you will be rewarded.

I was thinking of selling some of my TSLA shares to buy NVDA (worked beautifully before). But thinking that I should only do this if TSLA market cap at least match NVDA.

I really meant just getting a new SECDEF and getting the gov't going again. Now is just a particular time of extra crisis that's spooking everyone. I suspect if Congress starts getting a clue and begins talking impeachment, it might cause a rally.
Impeachment is a bad idea. There is a useful podcast on lawfare you might want to take a listen "How to Get Rid of a President".

The Lawfare Podcast: David Priess on 'How to Get Rid of a President'

Unless, Mueller comes back with something serious enough that would turn 75% of the country against him (and 2/3rds of the Senate). A president under siege is more dangerous than just a clueless one. Besides, it will take so long - the 2020 primaries will be upon us anyway by then.

So, the impeachment process will be incredibly bad for the markets. Expect 10% to 25% down, depending on Trump's reaction.

BTW, how will the Republican party react ? You can gauge that by knowing that some states are even cancelling the Republican primary to make sure Trump can not be challenged in the primary.

My god man! That’s horrible! Amazing you survived.

I hope that guy is rotting in jail.

I learned a valuable lesson during that time: Things happen.

What matters is how you choose to react to those events. And it’s a conscious choice.

That lesson has literally made me millions from TSLA. I went from certain bankruptcy to a life, well, beyond any right I have to. And also why I’m here today.

I’ve shared more than one dram of whiskey should allow. Thank many of you for your DM’s and well wishes. No bad day.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.

I put out an imaginary fire in my house with a real water hose while simultaneously being elected president of our homeowners' association. (A commentary on the leadership potential of the community.) After I wondered what I might do next, kill somebody? Decided to stop drinking.

Fortunately, there were no penalties. Apparently you don't need a permit to destroy your house from the inside. Because of the good offices of one of my drinking buddies the firemen who were summoned stayed and vacuumed up standing water. I was so appreciative of their efforts I asked the last guy there if I could give him a hug. He said "yes, professor...I took a class from you." He came for the fire but put the water out. Such are the ironies of an undistinguished academic life.

Read back a few months worth of comments. Angel seems to dislike shorts with a passion. Could be wishful thinking
Yes, I did read his post history Carl. I saw this from 3 weeks ago which tends to support the 'wishful' thesis:

ProBiz-Angel 22 days ago

"Any idea when we might hear about the M3 production numbers? Hoping they are at 7k week or more"

Still, none of these Forum comments are worth pulling the hair off your cat. I'm content to wait 10 days for the source numbers from Tesla.

CHE3RS!

Status
Not open for further replies.