Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Strong disagree. As long as republicans are right-wing party friendly to business, they will be inherently hostile to - among other things - anything involving protection and care for environment, since these are unfriendly for business (incurring costs that could be avoidable, just dump that *sugar* into soil, air and water - all hail negative externalities!). They will resist and oppose anything in this direction as much as possible.

Republicans, like all politicians, simply follow the money.

"The five states that get the largest percentage of their power from wind turbines — Iowa, Kansas, South Dakota, Oklahoma and North Dakota — all voted for Mr. Trump. So did Texas, which produces the most wind power in absolute terms. In fact, 69 percent of the wind power produced in the country comes from states that Mr. Trump carried in November."

More here: In Trump Country, Renewable Energy Is Thriving

Also, many of them will home charge 99% of the time. So Porsche might be using 350kW charging as a marketing gimmick.
It's my understanding that Porsche doesn't even have the battery to go along with the 350kW charger. So in reality they have nothing.

Unless you count words on a page a something. In which case I'd like to take this opportunity to announce my new 800kW charger! [insert accolades]

Working for Tesla does have its perks. I expect nothing less than a gangbusters 4Q for TSLA.
When this was first posted on this site yesterday I thought this would be major news. I expected a SP bump from this news to be greater than that from the BOD announcement. But, I saw no major news outlets pickup the story that Tesla was starting to roll out FSD for Beta testing on the roads. Am I the only one who thinks this is a major game changer?

Their main mission is right now to transition the Porsche DNA from ICE to BEV and their biggest fear is that what they called the biggest asset from Porsche which is a particular driving emotion will disappear, dilute or get comparable.

Time will tell but my gut feel is that the difference between driving a Porsche versus other sports cars in the old disappearing world of ICEs will be reduced if not vanish in the new world of BEVs.

If that's the case than its a threat to the business model of Porsche.

I agree, but this is precisely why it's invaluable to Porsche to be seen embracing electrons' quantum spin states. Or something about bulls and horns and glowing eyes.

The early mover status is something they will be able to milk for ten years, and I suspect they feel it in their guts. When differences fade, perceptions count all the more. They are thankfully not immutable either but buy time.

Last edited:
Elon refused to quit Trump's "strategic & advisory forum" after the refugee ban EO. Even Uber's Kalanick quit. This is really what irked liberals.

Tesla CEO Elon Musk won't quit Trump's advisory council

As to Liberals eating their own - considering the big tent, shouldn't be surprising.

Then liberals are short sided thinkers, no wonder they can get any movement on climate change legislation. And btw, the press was murderers row for Tesla long before that. Mostly the press is dumb and lazy but in this case they seem to be all in on droning short narratives even including misogynist like Mark speigal and latrine life I'm their broadcasts and stories. This is not explained my the who council thing which was Elon making sure there was opposing voices in the room. Elon is not a quiter, he is a fighter and your can't fight unless you are in the room. Taking your ball and going home only works in 3rd grade.

I think Elon had offended the liberal media but not giving to shits about the liberal media.

When this was first posted on this site yesterday I thought this would be major news. I expected a SP bump from this news to be greater than that from the BOD announcement. But, I saw no major news outlets pickup the story that Tesla was starting to roll out FSD for Beta testing on the roads. Am I the only one who thinks this is a major game changer?

I think people just want to see it to believe it. FSD is certainly worth many billions, but its pricing quirks and other uncertainties have people cautious for now

I think people just want to see it to believe it. FSD is certainly worth many billions, but its pricing quirks and other uncertainties have people cautious for now
To me, this is primarily about moving the last couple of inventory cars. Why the Dec 31 deadline otherwise?
Also, the announcement was about an upcoming release of some FSD features, which is both huge - the car taking full responsibility in contrast to EAP is a significant milestone - and at the same time just another small step for mankind if it's L4 under certain conditions only. Without knowing the details, I am apparently speculating about the scope.
We might get to see the FSD cross - country demo ride next year, though. That will probably have some effect onSP. Direction will depend on the outcome.

You're misinterpreting.

They key is that with a tiny motor, you can't go fast. If you can't go fast, then you simply can't face high aerodynamic drag. Sort of like how the 1909 Baker Electric had about 110 miles of range - because it did so extremely slowly, compensating for its boxy shape and primitive battery and motor tech ;)
Yes, but you could enjoy the scenery so much more...

Status
Not open for further replies.