Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
consensus_new_year.png
Isn't that nice to see full recognition of how we Alaskans are the 0.01%?:p:D:p:D

Are you planning to buy calls on Wednesday ?

I'm beginning to think Electrek will leak it tomorrow - may be an overall figure for Q4, not individual models, just like last time - afterall they got the more difficult inventory figure.

Tesla produced a record ~80,000 vehicles in Q3 and deliveries could be even crazier

I’ve got my eye on this as well. And considering how on they were last quarter, I’m willing to bank on the reporting again this time around. Although maybe that’s a mistake given the recent controversy around the site.

Are you planning to buy calls on Wednesday ?

I'm beginning to think Electrek will leak it tomorrow - may be an overall figure for Q4, not individual models, just like last time - afterall they got the more difficult inventory figure.

Tesla produced a record ~80,000 vehicles in Q3 and deliveries could be even crazier
Could. They are pretty expensive. Last time I tried to anticipate something happening in a short time period, I didn't. So, dunno, but if it sank Wednesday before data I'd be tempted.

I picked up my AWD M3 at the San Antonio store today, they said they were delivering 30 Model 3s today, which is a big number for them. I was at the Austin store yesterday to pick up the same car (don't ask, same 'ol end of quarter cram in the deliveries sh*tshow from Tesla) and they said they'd be open til midnight tonight since their delivery truck had to wait a couple days in Phoenix to avoid New Mexico snows. Their parking lot was runneth over with lots of cars already.

FWIW my new Model 3 seems to be of much better build quality than the LR RWD I bought in March. Traded that one in today.

So if TSLA clears out all the inventory cars today will people reporting TSLA has a production problem because they have no vehicles at stores for test drives,etc.?

I'm about to head out to pick up the keys for tenants whose lease ends 12/31/2018 @ 11:59:59.99999. The property is conveniently almost walking distance to Santana Row so I shall drop by to check it out. Later tonight, I'll stop by my local Fremont Delivery Center to do the same and see if they need any volunteers. (There are two other SF Bay Area stores officially open until midnight: Burlingame and Dublin.) I shall also drive by the Factory Outbound Logistics Lot to see if they are pumping them out right up until midnight!!

In case any of you will be there, too, I'm the guy who will be wearing a white October 2011 Tesla Factory "Model S Beta Ride Event" badge next to my Black "Returning Tesla Owner" one. :cool:

PS. TSLA will be studied at MBA schools for many, many years to come! Who knows, I'm in such a great mood tonight that if Tesla offers me a sweet deal on my ~4,000 miles Model 3 Dual Motor trade-in, I might even spring for an M3P! :D (If I did that, I'm afraid my dear wife would become my first wife!) :oops:

Last edited:
Reactions: PANN and Starno
I'm about to head out to pick up the keys for tenants whose lease ends 12/31/2018 @ 11:59:59.99999. The property is conveniently almost walking distance to Santana Row so I shall drop by to check it out. Later tonight, I'll stop by my local Fremont Delivery Center to do the same and see if they need any volunteers. (There are two other SF Bay Area stores officially open until midnight: Burlingame and Dublin.) I shall also drive by the Factory Outbound Logistics Lot to see if they are pumping them out right up until midnight!!

In case any of you will be there, too, I'm the guy who will be wearing a white October 2011 Tesla Factory "Model S Beta Ride Event" badge next to my Black "Returning Tesla Owner" one. :cool:

PS. TSLA will be studied at MBA schools for many, many years to come! Who knows, I'm in such a great mood tonight that if Tesla offers me a sweet deal on my ~4,000 miles Model 3 Dual Motor trade-in, I might even spring for an M3P! :D (If I did that, I'm afraid my dear wife would become my first wife!) :oops:

So, nobody would invite you to a party, eh?

Most likely no leak of quarterly production this time. Electrek hasn't reported any leaked production number for a while.

And if the numbers are really good I think it's better this way. The leaking even though is a nice surprise kinda remove the "shock". And it also let the shorts some time to prepare because not all the market is aware of elektrek and by the time the "big newspapers" pick it up, short have time to adjust ...

• Helpful
Reactions: 2virgule5
Grinch Cat wishes almost everyone a Happy New Year and all the best in 2019!

He wanted me to name names of those he’s not wishing the best, but I suggested to him that turning over a new leaf for 2019 might be an admirable goal. (And naming names is against forum rules.). He promptly flipped me off.

So here’s a hint: if you think it’s you he’s not happy with, then you’re probably correct. Otherwise you can PM me and I will tell you.

So 2019 look forward, what are the milestones that is gonna move stock price?

- late 2019 model Y starts production..somewhere. Fremont max capacity is about 10k/week, it's probably going to be produced in China gigafactory?
- First batch of semis in late 2019?
- Tesla energy growth story
- coast to coast highway FSD demo
- Model 3 leasing program starts, too much demand.

Anyone knows what production capacity to expect from China gigafactory?

So 2019 look forward, what are the milestones that is gonna move stock price?

- late 2019 model Y starts production..somewhere. Fremont max capacity is about 10k/week, it's probably going to be produced in China gigafactory?
- First batch of semis in late 2019?
- Tesla energy growth story
- coast to coast highway FSD demo
- Model 3 leasing program starts, too much demand.

Anyone knows what production capacity to expect from China gigafactory?

Elon tweeting
Negative media articles about anything Tesla and not Tesla related
Short seller SP manipulation
Lawsuits
Another Moody’s downgrade
Goldman and Morgan continued sell ratings
Political shenanigans
Any employee leaving Tesla
Falcon doors on MY *evil cackle* (Yes, I will still order and buy, even if it only seats 3 people - that’s two more than me)
UAW shenanigans
The entire pot industry

...the list is endless

Sounds awesome -- look forward to hearing your impressions!

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Happy New Year, all! Here's to 2019, the year we see (my predictions...):

• The fabled $35k Tesla become reality
  • The Model Y (give it to me now!)
  • Gigafactory 1 next phase of build-out, and many more panels on top
  • Gigafactory 3 begin production (of something)
  • HW 3 and some minor FSD umbrella features (but definitely not FSD)
  • Tesla getting customer communications under control (where 'control' indicates at least third-grader aptitude)
  • Superchargers in North Dakota (see also: 2018, 2017, 2016)
  • The production Semi specs
  • Elon doing something amazing
  • Elon doing something incredibly stupid
What are your predictions?

Enjoy!

FB_IMG_1546317769765.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.