Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course he is motivated by money, at least indirectly. He knows he needs lots of it to get to Mars.

He only views money as a means to an end, which is not the same thing. He doesn’t go to work everyday to put a roof over his head or food on his table. He bets every last cent time and again because it’s just paper, metal or 1s and 0s. He does what’s right simply because it’s right not because he’ll be monetarily rewarded. He has no personal dilemma giving away his last dollar. A small percentage of humanity can say the same. Those are the people not motivated by money.

Given that earnings are now on Feb 7th. I think Tesla will need to have a concrete production rate for Jan, prior to earnings (should show at least 1K/week). Also, if the recently produced M3s( the ones with higher VINs) are delivered locally, we might see higher numbers for Jan ...

Random thought ... I think Feb 7th date bodes well. Earnings are time to provide clarity and transparency. If 1k/week rate not surpassed, I think earnings would have been pushed back to later in Feb( Yahoo finance still shows Feb 20th ..)

peace out :)

Random thought ... I think Feb 7th date bodes well. Earnings are time to provide clarity and transparency. If 1k/week rate not surpassed, I think earnings would have been pushed back to later in Feb( Yahoo finance still shows Feb 20th ..)

peace out :)
Question is, will confirmation of 1,000/week at that point move the stock? I think it already moved up anticipating the ramp progression based upon the investor/analyst meeting that occurred recently. If the ER just confirms that, that may be more of a sell the news event. However, if they mention hitting 2,000/week by the end of February or early March, that would be positive.

Question is, will confirmation of 1,000/week at that point move the stock? I think it already moved up anticipating the ramp progression based upon the investor/analyst meeting that occurred recently. If the ER just confirms that, that may be more of a sell the news event. However, if they mention hitting 2,000/week by the end of February or early March, that would be positive.

Would be cool, but I don't expect it too much.
I think they will barely reach 1000/w this week.
And I think they will hit 2000/w; 2nd week of March.

• Funny
Reactions: MitchJi
Rats, the NASDAQ has been in decline for an hour now and TSLA is following it down. When the NASDAQ turns back up, it'll be interesting to see if the shorts cap TSLA like they did on Monday. With shorts trading nearly two-thirds of TSLA on relatively low volume these days, the games abound. The good news is there's encouraging Model 3 Vin numbers showing up and at some point good news will undo the mischief.

Here are the charts so far:
Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 10.15.40 AM.png

NASDAQ

Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 10.16.40 AM.png

TSLA

Notice the 11:45am dip in TSLA. It didn't stick because it didn't have support from the NASDAQ trend.

Status
Not open for further replies.