Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
102710441-469285940.530x298.jpg

WTF? They even have a picture of the Gigafactory from three years ago, where it is just a shell. Ridiculous. This is what flies nowadays...

[email protected] is the author.

All the quoted people whose names are on record are the well-known TSLA bears. The "Tesla employees" as featured in the HEADLINE meanwhile, are no-where to be seen, it doesn't say if they're current or ex-employees, who they are, when the information was conveyed to the reporter... nothing. #What a load of garbage.

Meanwhile, I get a buying opportunity

Of course he is motivated by money, at least indirectly. He knows he needs lots of it to get to Mars.
A big difference between EM and other billionaires is he only makes money to provide positive changes in society (of course that doesn't mean that he has to give up all his personal wealth), whereas most billionaires (at least for the most prominent) only want to acquire as much as possible to keep for themselves and their posterity. In a way I'm trying to do that too, otherwise I could already sold enough TSLA to pay for a full blown Model 3 and Model X in addition to the Model S I already have. However, I want to have enough TSLA left for my children and grandchildren after taxes (Including the so called "death tax"). It amazes me that republics have the gall to complain about entitlements (such as Social Security and Medicare that has been purchased by the people receiving it) when they want their children to have billions in unearned untaxed income.

To Mod: Sorry for the rant. Move it elsewhere if you must.

The cynic in me feels that the shorts were growing frustrated that they were unable to get the stock to drop as much as they wanted even with their massive bear attack and even with low volume, so they needed to do something. Interesting that many of the bears/shorts have a narrative that the SEC should look into Tesla/Must - seems like the SEC should be looking into the shorts and this article.

This is a huge add level for me, given where we are on the ramp at this point - very close to 1000/week. If you haven't seen the BFPT thread recently, there is some interesting info there. When the stock is trading at the 30% level (relative to the BFPT curve), and it is below that now, note this:

Bottom cluster, sentiment < 30%: The stock is truly out of favor and trading at a discount in this market. The upside is 40% to 85% return, practically no downside. This is back the truck up time, because the market would seem to be irrationally bearish on Tesla. In the other clusters, one needs to be a savvy trader to avoid a sharp loss, but in the bottom market one simply needs to buy and hold and have enough heart to battle enormous negativity. This is the blind faith zone.

Reactions: Words of HABIT
s “Narrative Economics.” Professor Shiller defined Narrative Economics as "the study of the spread and dynamics of popular narratives, the stories, particularly those of human interest and emotion, and how these change through time, to understand economic fluctuations.” Shiller noted that it is important to understand why and how fast humans spread particular narratives. He explained that the human brain is wired for rapidly communicating stories that are interesting or are a good conversational topic. Because the human brain is wired in this fashion, Shiller proposed that narratives, which make for a good conversation topic, are “contagious” and spread virally. He suggested that the “word-of-mouth transmission of an idea” can be modeled using the Kermack-McKendrick mathematical theory of disease epidemics, much like epidemic scenarios have been.

Lots of fake narratives to undermine tesla , we must fight against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.