Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankly I had to laugh when I did see the CNBC article and the instand drop based on evidently "no news"!

I like that reaction though.....

CNBC Report on Tesla (TSLA) 'Total Junk' - Chowdhry

Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) analyst Trip Chowdhry of Global Equities Research called today's report from CNBC that Tesla employees warned to expect more Model 3 delays "Total Junk".

Chowdhry said based on his Jan. 20 checks, Model 3 production is improving. He highlighted about 1,000 Model 3's waiting for Delivery Trucks and noted employee activity level at TSLA, on Saturday, was 10x more than combined activity level at Apple, Facebook, Oracle and Cisco.

He linked to his video at Dropbox here.

I think this current dip is probably protective in terms of a negative reaction to the Q4 ER. On the other hand, we could see a positive reaction. It's hard to imagine a really strong positive reaction though. With TSLA, a lot can happen between now and Feb 7. I'm not going to try to trade the ER. If we run up before it, then we could see a little negative reaction to the ER.
It’s up 2% after market with heavy vo.

I was thinking about what would actually happen if two cells are touching, and there are a couple of possibilities:

1. Cells at different voltage potential touch. You get an immediate current surge, burning away the cell fuse wires. Most likely, 1-2 cells are inoperative, *possibly* more than that, but the rest of the pack continues operating as normal. It may be necessary to replace the pack under warranty, as there may be some error messages accompanying the capacity drop.
2. Cells at same voltage potential touch. Nothing happens, but if there is a short in either cell in the future, both the cells will be affected, with the fuse wires burning away. Because a cell has to die for the fault to possibly be detected, there's something like a 99.99% chance Tesla will never know about the defect.

Reactions: neroden
It’s up 2% after market with heavy vo.
Just checked and it's currently $341 (1%). Still pretty good rise. My guess at the short strategy tomorrow is they let it bounce moderately and then attack hard to try to create a failed bounce, scaring traders away. Part of the rise AH may be shorts covering to reload for the attack tomorrow morning.

• Informative
Reactions: Zhelko Dimic
Just checked and it's currently $341 (1%). Still pretty good rise. My guess at the short strategy tomorrow is they let it bounce moderately and then attack hard to try to create a failed bounce, scaring traders away. Part of the rise AH may be shorts covering to reload for the attack tomorrow morning.
It may also have something to do with Tesla’s response to the article. Tesla responds to fresh reports of Model 3 production issues

CNBC - what total garbage reporting.

So the title and intro of the article says: "...manual assembly of batteries" "These problems include Tesla needing to make some of the batteries by hand and borrowing scores of employees from one of its suppliers"

But if you read closely somewhere in the middle they then say:

"Once the machines in the factory were able to crank out bandoliers as fast or faster than the manual laborers, Tesla began sending Panasonic workers back to their employer, sources said. Today, Tesla is winding down manual assembly as much as possible at the Gigafactory, a hopeful sign."

So which one is it, you flaming a-holes? Are they really assembling the batteries by hand, or did they automate that already, a fact that you conveniently slip in the middle of the article?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.