Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
338 > 342 > 339 > 345 > 348

And supposedly 355 for a moment. Guess it's one of those ERs where people can't make up their mind.

The low number was one of the weird trades at the end of the day that offsets a trade during the day. It happens every day almost where there is a single trade at the lowest or highest amount during the day.. it always makes a V on the graph, but is not a real trade in terms of setting the current price.

The call will be interesting, but noting crazy in the docs. Only 200 mil in extra Reservations is interesting. Expected more or I do expect more over time.

As if we didn't have enough roller-coaster action this week already :eek::D Buckle-up!!

Look pretty positive, but it's a bit cagey too. I would have liked to see some semi reservation numbers, f.i. just a guide.

I love this: In stores where Model 3 is on display, customer foot traffic has increased considerably and orders for Model S and Model X have in fact increased. There has been an even bigger increase in solar and Powerwall sales.

Hmm.....seems like a mixed bag to me.

Good:
- cash balance (3.4B)
- reiterate M3 ramp guidance and margin
- +300% growth in TE for 2018 guidance
- coast to coast drive in 2018 is mentioned

Bad:
- surprisingly low Semi/Roadster deposits
- TE margin is way down (5% from 25%)
- wording on the M3 ramp makes it sound like they are preparing us for another delay

Overall, it looks like really strong guidance with underwhelming execution.

Last edited:
As if we didn't have enough roller-coaster action this week already :eek::D Buckle-up!!

Look pretty positive, but it's a bit cagey too. I would have liked to see some semi reservation numbers, f.i. just a guide.

I love this: In stores where Model 3 is on display, customer foot traffic has increased considerably and orders for Model S and Model X have in fact increased. There has been an even bigger increase in solar and Powerwall sales.

I believe the BOLD has just begun. There will be very little demand issues with S/X for the foreseeable future. It will be interesting to see how Tesla deals with the lack of tax credits after 200k+ deliveries in the US, but they have some mighty nice levers to pull. Including free supercharging, 2170 and refresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.