Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NOW NOW
Withdraw your loaned out shares !

Indeed. At many brokerages this can simply be done by placing a Good Till Cancelled (GTC) sell order at a high price. In many cases this has to be done at a price less than 50% above the current price. This price can be changed at will. In the current conditions we can get far more value by squeezing the short sellers rather than earning interest on lent shares.

There's just a short break because the big institutions are busy counting their winnings so far. The second push will start soon :).

(Hey, at least I haven't cited any poetry!)

Also many short sellers will likely be getting margin calls throughout the day. The short covering to answer those margin calls could possibly be heavy into the market closing today and after the opening tomorrow.

Also many short sellers will likely be getting margin calls throughout the day. The short covering to answer those margin calls could possibly be heavy into the market closing today and after the opening tomorrow.

Curt, I only know this because I used to watch Jon Najarian on Fox and Friends in Chicago growing up as a teenager.

If we don't hit $340 by end of day, I'll eat my hat.

Err...wait. Better not say that. Last time someone said that it didn't go well for them.

Curt, I only know this because I used to watch Jon Najarian on Fox and Friends in Chicago growing up as a teenager.

If we don't hit $340 by end of day, I'll eat my hat.

Err...wait. Better not say that. Last time someone said that it didn't go well for them.

I frequently interviewed Jon Najarian during the nineties when I daily visited the CBOE for my TV show. He was an options market maker at the time. Jon also orchestrated the mock options trading sessions in which I participated at a CBOE pit after hours. He's a good man, smart, knowledgeable and on the level. Did you know he was briefly a Chicago Bear linebacker? Same for his brother Pete.

• Informative
Reactions: immunogold
Good Article on Reddit. Quite some bolt predictions but worth a read. Gives some nice insight to a surging share price beyond imagination even for bulls like TT007

https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotors/comments/8o381s/who_killed_the__car_and_when_will_the/
From the business side it doesn't sound much different from my own thesis. The short squeeze stuff and eventual stock price theories I don't have any opinion on.

So far as I'm concerned TSLA will clearly head up above $500 as the ICE market collapses and various automotive companies fail, but that will introduce so much chaos to the market that I have no idea what things will look like. Probably a war or three, with all the factories taken over by governments to build battle-bots.

I frequently interviewed Jon Najarian during the nineties when I daily visited the CBOE for my TV show. He was an options market maker at the time. Jon also orchestrated the mock options trading sessions in which I participated at a CBOE pit after hours. He's a good man, smart, knowledgeable and on the level. Did you know he was briefly a Chicago Bear linebacker? Same for his brother Pete.

Never knew he was on the Bears. All I knew at the time was that the Chicago Board of Trade looked like a crazy stressful place to work.

NTSB updates on fatal Model X crash - Tesla, Inc. (NASDAQ:TSLA) | Seeking Alpha

An update from the National Transportation Safety Board indicates that the driver of the Tesla (TSLA +1.9%) Model X that crashed into a highway barrier in a fatal accident on March 23 didn't have his hands on the wheel.

The autopilot system sent warnings to the driver to place his hands on the wheel more than 15 minutes prior to the collision with a crash attenuator located at the end of a concrete median barrier, but none were sent immediately before the crash, according to the data.

"At 3 seconds prior to the crash and up to the time of impact with the crash attenuator, the Tesla’s speed increased from 62 to 70.8 mph, with no precrash braking or evasive steering movement detected," reads the NTSB report.

Next time make sure you post the full text of the investigation. Seeking alpha is a place known to spread FUD!

https://www.ntsb.gov/investigations/AccidentReports/Pages/HWY18FH011-preliminary.aspx
  • During the 60 seconds prior to the crash, the driver’s hands were detected on the steering wheel on three separate occasions, for a total of 34 seconds; for the last 6 seconds prior to the crash, the vehicle did not detect the driver’s hands on the steering wheel.
  • At 8 seconds prior to the crash, the Tesla was following a lead vehicle and was traveling about 65 mph.
  • At 7 seconds prior to the crash, the Tesla began a left steering movement while following a lead vehicle.
  • At 4 seconds prior to the crash, the Tesla was no longer following a lead vehicle.
  • At 3 seconds prior to the crash and up to the time of impact with the crash attenuator, the Tesla’s speed increased from 62 to 70.8 mph, with no precrash braking or evasive steering movement detected.
The crash attenuator was an SCI smart cushion attenuator system, which was previously damaged on March 12, 2018, in a single-vehicle crash involving a 2010 Toyota Prius

The NTSB continues to work with the California Highway Patrol and the California Department of Transportation to collect and analyze data, including all pertinent information relating to the vehicle operations and roadway configuration. All aspects of the crash remain under investigation as the NTSB determines the probable cause, with the intent of issuing safety recommendations to prevent similar crashes.

[1] A gore area is a triangular-shaped boundary created by white lines marking an area of pavement formed by the convergence or divergence of a mainline travel lane and an exit/entrance lane.

[2] (a) A crash attenuator is a device intended to reduce the damage to structures, vehicles, and motorists from a motor vehicle collision by absorbing the colliding vehicle’s kinetic energy. (b) The Tesla’s restraint control module was downloaded, and the speed at impact was recorded as 114 kilometers per hour (70.8 mph).

[3] Traffic-aware cruise control is an adaptive cruise control system that allows a set speed and a set following distance from a slower moving vehicle in front.

Edit: thanks @ValueAnalyst for the edit and bringing this to our attention. On high stakes information such as this it’s helpful to get the entire story correct.

Last edited:
NTSB updates on fatal Model X crash - Tesla, Inc. (NASDAQ:TSLA) | Seeking Alpha

An update from the National Transportation Safety Board indicates that the driver of the Tesla (TSLA +1.9%) Model X that crashed into a highway barrier in a fatal accident on March 23 didn't have his hands on the wheel.

The autopilot system sent warnings to the driver to place his hands on the wheel more than 15 minutes prior to the collision with a crash attenuator located at the end of a concrete median barrier, but none were sent immediately before the crash, according to the data.

"At 3 seconds prior to the crash and up to the time of impact with the crash attenuator, the Tesla’s speed increased from 62 to 70.8 mph, with no precrash braking or evasive steering movement detected," reads the NTSB report.
That report does not read like the Tesla one. Much more negative. I'm slightly concerned.

• Disagree
Reactions: sundaymorning
Next time make sure you post the full text of the investigation. Seeking alpha is a place known to spread FUD!
  • During the 60 seconds prior to the crash, the driver’s hands were detected on the steering wheel on three separate occasions, for a total of 34 seconds; for the last 6 seconds prior to the crash, the vehicle did not detect the driver’s hands on the steering wheel.
  • At 8 seconds prior to the crash, the Tesla was following a lead vehicle and was traveling about 65 mph.
  • At 7 seconds prior to the crash, the Tesla began a left steering movement while following a lead vehicle.
  • At 4 seconds prior to the crash, the Tesla was no longer following a lead vehicle.
  • At 3 seconds prior to the crash and up to the time of impact with the crash attenuator, the Tesla’s speed increased from 62 to 70.8 mph, with no precrash braking or evasive steering movement detected.
What does this have to do with stocks?

TSLA up nicely today... in my experience a boost like this can continue for a few days... before it finds a way to pull back a bit. I don't think it's a full-on steak rally yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.