Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any ideas where we can get up-to-date stats around the level of shorts? Something like the loan rate, currently available shares to short, etc. Would be really handy to get a feel for the amount of covering going on. If a real short squeeze kicks in, no one knows if we are talking 600 or a VW style 2000! Would having this info help us understand generally what to expect on a daily / hourly basis?

Follow Ihor Dusawinsky on Twitter. He’s the most current info on short interest, although not official or perfectly accurate he provides good data.

Punched through and sitting comfortable above the 340 resistance level, leaving a nice path up to ~360? I hope it continues a steady climb to 355-360 to finish the week.

This would be a healthy consolidation point to gather strength before moving higher into the second half of June and possible ATH towards July as we finish the quarter.

Volume is high today and good progress. I personally just fear this is only short term. Who else thinks after some days it goes back to 320-330 until we have confirmation for 5k/week?
While I think 5K per week will have a strong impact in a positive light, I would not be surprised to see shorts jump on what could be seen as disappointing deliveries for Q2, albeit intentional to postpone the 200K deliveries for the tax credit. Might dive back down to the $320 range temporarily. Good time to jump in! Might be the last chance at sub $350.

Dan

I would assert that there is no such thing as placating the press. They would just continue on a new path of critisism in order to pump the outrage narrative that is so effective in maintaining reader screen time.

I would hammer home education pieces both video and written and deploy them on as many platforms as possible both in documentary and infotainment forms to explain automation. To include what an “auto pilot”in an aircraft will,or won’t do all the way to the the misuse of the term “autonomous drone”, the majority of which are in fact like level 3 and still require an operator.

The tendency seems to be assuming lowest,common denominator and it seems this approach has lead us to a self fulfilling prophecy of self compounding ignorance. Perhaps this wouldn’t satiate a marketer but in the end it would build institutional credibility for Tesla as well as visibility as the entity that it is. That is to say, a company that does things to improve the well being of its customers rather than short term returns for some entity concerned only with remuneration.

Fire Away
I agree with you completely, but this is an easy fix that would confuse the hell out of the trolls and their media. It is just a name and you and I understand what the features are capable of, but it seems to drive some people nuts and is an excuse for idiots to do truly stupid things which hurts Tesla in the midterm. Keep the name for the full implementation but until then call it something that implies that it is assistive in nature and not self-driving.

Interesting that Tesla's big bond has been trading dramatically higher in June. From $86.75 on May 29 to $91.88 now. Yield was at 7.731% and now 6.746%.

It’s actually not that interesting. Convertible bonds, especially junk rated ones, correlate more with the price of the stock rather than bond market dynamics. This is true across companies and industries, and not just in the case of Tesla.

What is interesting, however, is that how FUDsters used this nonsense to create the long squeeze in March, while some supposed bulls helped them spread FUD.

Last edited:
There is no point discussing political news in this thread... it will just get deleted by the moderator. (I hope)

$346 !!! About 11% off its all-time-high. I see TSLA returning to its ATH by the end of June. The circumstances under which it was at $385-ish last year was anticipation leading up to deliveries of Model 3. Well guess what, the company is in a much stronger position than it was last year.

Unlike VW, which admitted duping official emissions tests and faces costs of some 26 billion euros ($31 billion) in fines, buybacks and recalls globally, Daimler has rejected wrongdoing.

Of course they lied. That's probably the reason why the stock has been trading with a PE below 7, while the company had record profits and deliveries all over the world and a dividend yield of 5-6%. It also bought them some more time to raise provisions for legal risks to ~14 billion euro right now, prepare for the legal battles and pay some of the right people some extra money. At least that's what the cynic in me surmises.

While I still think people are stupid and will do stupid things no matter what the feature set is called, I think Tesla should consider changing the name of the current AP features to AutoAssistant (does someone already have a trademark on this name?) or something similar.

I'd simply call it NAP as in Not-Auto-Pilot. It's easy to remember, very accurate and it kind of hints at the current pace of development. That talk Mr. Karpathy has given more or less confirmed my negative view on FSD progress.

Anyone hear from CuriousSunburd, myusername, Reality, mattenth, etc. lately?

Why do they only have opinions when the share price is down?

Obviously i can't speak for the other guys, but could imagine it's because there is little news except the recent price increase. The last real info was given at the shareholder meeting, unless i did miss something. I also think that whatever point you'd want to make for the bearish position would probably be countered with something along the lines of ' yeah ... and that's why the stock is going up'. That wouldn't be a lot of fun.

Does anyone know where we stand on the Model 3 weekly ramp numbers at the moment? I remember at the end of May they shutdown for a day or two for a third production line or something like that and just curious where do we stand today as we are about 2 weeks out until the end of June.

Does anyone know where we stand on the Model 3 weekly ramp numbers at the moment? I remember at the end of May they shutdown for a day or two for a third production line or something like that and just curious where do we stand today as we are about 2 weeks out until the end of June.

VIN assignments have been concealed until a few days before delivery.
VIN registrations are being delayed to not let out the info.

I have a feeling Musk is hiding all this info so that he can schwack the market with "We have been making more than 5,000 cars/wk for the last 9 days" at the Q2 production/delivery announcement.

VIN assignments have been concealed until a few days before delivery.
VIN registrations are being delayed to not let out the info.

I have a feeling Musk is hiding all this info so that he can schwack the market with "We have been making more than 5,000 cars/wk for the last 9 days" at the Q2 production/delivery announcement.

You know...in the past few months my gut warned me of the numbers, but now my gut is super strong and I feel esp with the extra production line they are going to hit, if not already hit it. He seems super relaxed and cocky and I noticed when he's excited he's more active on Twitter esp on Tesla stuff like the recent AP / FSD / Roadster news.

Btw, I just paid my 4k FSD investment for my Model S...too bad I didn't do it earlier and saved 1k...well at least it will help with their earnings this quarter :)

There is no point discussing political news in this thread... it will just get deleted by the moderator. (I hope)

$346 !!! About 11% off its all-time-high. I see TSLA returning to its ATH by the end of June. The circumstances under which it was at $385-ish last year was anticipation leading up to deliveries of Model 3. Well guess what, the company is in a much stronger position than it was last year.
There is when it has a direct impact on the stock price. I don't think anyone is stating anything pro or con on any individual, just the impact that this particular event may have on the market.

Dan

Injecting a little market action back into the thread:

We keep bouncing off $347, where we gapped up on the open. However, we've breached it briefly 3 times, so odds are we're going to push through by end of day.

Fun day to watch TSLA!

Untitled.png

Status
Not open for further replies.