Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been there, done that. I've always been straddling the grave.

Except for half to one son of 20%, she inherits the rest or already owns half of the bulk of it in a joint account and gets the rest at a new cost rate! Other assets in a trust to her or, the car, jointly registered. Unless Trump gets us into a nuclear war or all out trade war, and even then Bidu and TSLA, constituting a whopping 62% of our assets, might be sufficient hedge and she doesn't have to work. Every time I pay a bill, she now learns how to do it, and other safeguards in place. (Her mother in Thailand frequently prays for and gives offering to the stock market's rise.) Do you smell the incense?:) I think you do.

Also, as a hedge, she nags me about diet and exercise so much that I often introduce her as my significant mother. Today, for example, she ordered me (lied about the tone) downstairs to put her wash in the dryer, just so I'd go up and down the stairs another time.

I suffer great elder abuse in this paradise time of my life.
Eating right and moving more...are not overrated!:D

Been there, done that. I've always been straddling the grave.

Except for half to one son of 20%, she inherits the rest or already owns half of the bulk of it in a joint account and gets the rest at a new cost rate! Other assets in a trust to her or, the car, jointly registered. Unless Trump gets us into a nuclear war or all out trade war, and even then Bidu and TSLA, constituting a whopping 62% of our assets, might be sufficient hedge and she doesn't have to work. Every time I pay a bill, she now learns how to do it, and other safeguards in place. (Her mother in Thailand frequently prays for and gives offering to the stock market's rise.) Do you smell the incense?:) I think you do.

Also, as a hedge, she nags me about diet and exercise so much that I often introduce her as my significant mother. Today, for example, she ordered me (lied about the tone) downstairs to put her wash in the dryer, just so I'd go up and down the stairs another time.

I suffer great elder abuse in this paradise time of my life.

HeHe! MIL should feel free to pray and burn incense to her heart’s desire. I’ll be happy to send a care package of sage or whatever else she may be low in.

Now get off the computer/put down the cellphone and do your jumping jacks.

Not even. Just an assignment of options to buy at $342.

that's very helpful. Just for my understanding: So he got 51,000 options to buy shares at $342? if exercised and sold at e.g. $357 would give him a profit of $765,000 and he will get 36 times as many? I don't mind directors getting millions during the next 3 years. Almost panicked a bit because i thought it potentially meant a dilution in the billions.

Another very nooby question: If a director executes his options does this mean Tesla is issuing new shares and sells them to the director for $342? So it's a bit like a small equity raise? Would be a nice side effect.

that's very helpful. Just for my understanding: So he got 51,000 options to buy shares at $342? if exercised and sold at e.g. $357 would give him a profit of $765,000 and he will get 36 times as many? I don't mind directors getting millions during the next 3 years. Almost panicked a bit because i thought it potentially meant a dilution in the billions.

Another very nooby question: If a director executes his options does this mean Tesla is issuing new shares and sells them to the director for $342? So it's a bit like a small equity raise? Would be a nice side effect.

Other way around. This vests in chunks of 1/36th every month for the next 3 years.

And yeah, new shares @ that price to Tesla.

Buddha is reported to have said: "Think good thoughts and good things will happen. Think bad thoughts and bad things will happen."

I believe tomorrow will be a good day. If not, it will be a better day afterward. Our portfolio goes upward and downward. So far more downward with the market, then even more upward with the market. Does that make it a better bet? If Musk executes as expected the downward swoops should moderate. Not an advice, not even hopium, just a positive thought.

Except for the fact that Elon said they would be built by Tesla in the press conference.

Indeed he did. It should be at least two years before the pods are needed, so Tesla will have time to continue ramping up its production capabilities. Considering how awed the mayor was by Elon, I wouldn't be surprised if the Tesla pod factory ends up in Chicago.

News of the Boring Company Chicago deal was just covered by the AP. I see this as a positive for the stock tomorrow. I can imagine Jonas asking Elon about future demand from Boring Company as a revenue generator for Tesla, next conference call.

As an aside, I am getting a better picture now of why Elon doesn’t like moats. I mean, duh, He is literally drilling tunnels to get around.

Edit: imagine if Boring Company agrees to a 10 figure contract with Tesla to manufacture pods for use in LA Chicago and the East Coast. And we all know Elon has no problem raising funds for Boring Company, he raised 8 figures selling toys lol. Elon is as good a comedian as he is an innovator.
They already have the pods for the Chicago tunnel, the model X, just add the side guide wheels, now looks like the falcon wing doors were always meant for emergency exit in narrow tunnels, and bio filter for tunnel dust.

You guys noticed the selloff just before trading ended? Additional shorts at this stage seem unlikely, some people cashing in on the rally?
upload_2018-6-15_6-56-10.png

Status
Not open for further replies.