Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More importantly, they will get to conduct discovery, including into his phone and electronic records, to find out who else was involved.

And probably on a very short time-frame since trade secrets are involved.

And potentially more importantly: It gives them useful tools to fight the FUD coming from some click-bait media, as claiming them as false in a suit is a really powerful statement that will have some circulation.

I used to see from this forum some bulls making outlandish predictions, thinking if the price is based on those predictions I'd better sell. But recently this twitter thing is a real eye opener. Man those bears are plain $%u0i@. They grabbed on the fact that Tesla did not call the police like their last straw. Are they really all that stupid or are they trying to full some plain dumb people? do they really think people would sell the stock based on that?

Yeah, I have spent some time looking for plausible bear cases for Tesla... and mostly found this absolute BS instead. Some of them are stupid, some of them are con men who are trying to manipulate the stupid. I could easily make a better bear case regarding Tesla than any of the published bears, which ... reinforces my bullishness.

The lawsuit is a first step, and allows Tesla to collect damages from the saboteur (up to the point where he declares bankruptcy); I assume Tesla's also filing a police report, since the activity was criminal.

More importantly, they will get to conduct discovery, including into his phone and electronic records, to find out who else was involved.

And probably on a very short time-frame since trade secrets are involved.

At the very least this guy is unemployable for the rest of his life. Tesla should make an example out of this and make company wide training materials on the consequence of his actions to himself.

Reactions: wipster and mongo
Sorry for triple post, but briefly...
GF Employee.

Edit: As title states, also took GB of data and also left programs on other people's machines to send data after he was terminated. Filing is at https://sc.cnbcfm.com/applications/cnbc.com/resources/editorialfiles/2018/06/20/Tripp.pdf

It sounds like the guy had admin privileges on a bunch of others machines. that is very bad. there are probably other cockroaches still there that need rooting out.

AND
"At the very least this guy is unemployable for the rest of his life. " it depends upon whom he may have been a mole for

• Informative
Reactions: Drax7 and AZRI11
It sounds like the guy had admin privileges on a bunch of others machines. that is very bad. there are probably other cockroaches still there that need rooting out.

Or took advantage of people leaving their machines unlocked to install the spyware .
While its investigation is still in the early stages, Tesla has also discovered that Tripp authored hacking software and placed it onto the computer systems of three other individuals at the company so that confidential Tesla data could be persistently exported off its network from these other systems to unknown third parties.
Firewall/ router logs have likely been checked, and they may re-image all computers...

Reactions: wipster
At the very least this guy is unemployable for the rest of his life. Tesla should make an example out of this and make company wide training materials on the consequence of his actions to himself.

The guy is radioactive and a very useful tool: If he cooperates sharing all the information he's got, anyone that has touched the information he stole, be it alleged journalists, UAW members, ... is in serious trouble. And the click-bait media won't have mercy in sharing it 24x7 as they can collect a lot of money from the ads. And as the guy has zero credibility, they can turn some of the false stories that they have been spinning for months against them.

And potentially more importantly: It gives them useful tools to fight the FUD coming from some click-bait media, as claiming them as false in a suit is a really powerful statement that will have some circulation.

Yes it will be very interesting to see what other names pop up on this list. I wonder who the stuff has been sent to, would be very interesting if some of the names appear regularly on Seeking Alpha, would love that!

• Love
Reactions: winfield100

We had been wondering about the "anonymous" employee source for several Tesla hit pieces by Kolodny at CNBC and Lopez at Business Insider. Now he allegedly has been outed as a saboteur, and accused in a lawsuit of being a spreader of degogatory lies about Tesla to the media.

So much for these so-called "journalists" assuring us that their anonymous sources are reliable but need protection. If these reporters keep their jobs, let's hope they get more serious about vetting sources rather than gleefully spreading clickbait that should have been questioned.

Last edited:
Short update from Ihor: Ihor Dusaniwsky on Twitter

6-20 Short Update.png

Status
Not open for further replies.