Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ed Niedermeyer is accusing Curt Renz of inciting TMC members to harass women. Unbelievable.

Problem Magnet on Twitter
Everyone should get on there and set that fool straight with facts. Curt is an honorable dude and I never once read one thing disparaging word about women from him. Curt was clearly talking about the journalistic issues which he happens to know because, well he is a journalist. Its horrible to be a misogynists, it's even worse to be painted as one just because you don't agree with someone's point of view.

Perhaps it is more serious than that. Let's say he also passed any information to a short seller, or the reporter passed any information to a short seller. And the short seller passed along some of it to his short seller friends. Tesla would have cause to sue and get discovery on the entire chain of people involved. And so would everyone else in the market.

I can't imagine what would happen if a significant short seller became legally encumbered.

Neither can I, but I'm looking forward to a movie "based on a true story" about it ;)

Below is a link to one of my earliest TMC posts on 2013 MAR 12, which was shortly after I first purchased TSLA shares. At that time some surrounding posters reported selling the stock in the high $30's with hopes of buying back after a significant dip. Many of them were never heard from again.

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

Final paragraph from that post:

Perhaps longer term investors need not be too concerned. When a large number of traders feel it’s time to take profits in anticipation of repurchases at lower prices, yet are unable to depress prices much by their selling, those traders may eventually have to chase a stock that is running away on them.
Thanks for the blast from the past Curt. You've compelled me to go look at my posts from around that time and I found this gem:

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

EarlyAdopter, May 7, 2013
Massive volume so far. I'm thinking it's a combination of profit taking by the recent momentum buyers coupled with and triggered by a resurgent effort by shorts to make a stand above 60. Many shorts could have been margin called or stopped out above 60 and are scrambling to get back in.

Me, I bought at $27. While I seriously considered selling at $60 - for a few days I had a limit order in to sell everything at $60 - I've decided to hold on through earnings. Even if it tanks I'll be plenty ahead still. On reflection I decided the reason I bought in the first place was the 4 - 5 view on Tesla and the rollout of Gen 3. At that point I figure Tesla will be fairly valued at $150. So this is all just noise until then.
LOL! What strikes me is not how right I was to not sell at $60, but how wrong I was about fair value 5 years out. What I hadn't anticipated back in 2013 is how many more S and X Tesla would go on to sell than anyone thought possible, plus how much additional value they would go on to create with Tesla Energy.

The specific timing does not perfectly jibe, but then, thinking about it, it shouldn’t. As in:

I am wondering if it is not production rate or a deep-pocketed sugardaddy or anything else of that sort, but rather that the impetus for Mr Musk’s “short burn of the century” comment was nothing other than this discovery of the saboteur, and Tesla management’s realization that one of the ramifications regarding fake news, short-selling shenanigans and the like could include the crumbling of the deplorable houses of cards they have been, once the legal process begins -

And yet again, apologies for the rather convoluted grammar and mashing of metaphors in the above. My reasoning that the timing makes sense is that management, rather than rushing toward declaring their initial findings of sabotage at the outset, rather continued to gather data - including their...ah....discussions....with Sr Tripp - before making public anything other than the news that a short burn was on its way.

Last edited:
Everyone should get on there and set that fool straight with facts. Curt is an honorable dude and I never once read one thing disparaging word about women from him. Curt was clearly talking about the journalistic issues which he happens to know because, well he is a journalist. Its horrible to be a misogynists, it's even worse to be painted as one just because you don't agree with someone's point of view.

Indeed. I've never heard of Niedermeyer, but this immediately makes me conclude that Niedermeyer is a scoundrel. Curt Renz has been entirely proper, respectable and polite throughout my experience at Tesla Motors Club forum.

I have read sexist comments from other people here... never from Curt, who has always stuck strictly to criticism of people's professional track record.

I don't do Twitter but this corrupt scumbag Niedermeyer has just exposed himself as a dishonest thug.

Indeed. I've never heard of Niedermeyer, but this immediately makes me conclude that Niedermeyer is a scoundrel. Curt Renz has been entirely proper, respectable and polite throughout my experience at Tesla Motors Club forum.

I have read sexist comments from other people here... never from Curt, who has always stuck strictly to criticism of people's professional track record.

I don't do Twitter but this corrupt scumbag Niedermeyer has just exposed himself as a dishonest thug.
First time I heard Niedermeyer it made me think of the douche ROTC commander in Animal House who was listed at the end as having been fragged by his own men in Vietnam. This Niedermeyer is the stable genius behind Daily Kanban, a questionable auto news site that frequently runs propaganda against Tesla.

I used to see from this forum some bulls making outlandish predictions, thinking if the price is based on those predictions I'd better sell. But recently this twitter thing is a real eye opener. Man those bears are plain $%u0i@. They grabbed on the fact that Tesla did not call the police like their last straw. Are they really all that stupid or are they trying to fool some plain dumb people? do they really think people would sell the stock based on that?
They are super desperate. They refuse to listen to anyone outside their bubble so to them all they know is that Tesla is going to 0 for being fraudulent and that it's happening soon. Seeing things continue to go against them and to a price where almost every one of them is in the red is causing some serious mental anguish. That's why the arguments are getting worse. Since they block out all contrary information the amount of cognitive dissonance required to justify their thinking grows . It's only going to get worse for them.

Some will come out the other side no longer in their bubble. Most will huff and puff and short the next large dip to more disastrous effect.

Neidermeyer is just a scoundrel.

A Grain of Salt

Ed Niedermeyer is accusing Curt Renz of inciting TMC members to harass women. Unbelievable.

Problem Magnet on Twitter
Wow! That's truly slanderous. Curt, you obviously got under his skin in a big way, undoubtedly calling out his lies with some truths. Since he can no longer refute the truth, he is resorting to slandering you. First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. I think they are now in the late stage of fighting since their M.O. is now focused on destroying reputations by any means. Won't be long now...

Wow! That's truly slanderous. Curt, you obviously got under his skin in a big way, undoubtedly calling out his lies with some truths. Since he can no longer refute the truth, he is resorting to slandering you. First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. I think they are now in the late stage of fighting since their M.O. is now focused on destroying reputations by any means. Won't be long now...

This should be an eye opener for new investors on this forum, Tesla has been dealing with slander since inception, now they’re targeting investors here (it’s a dirty game). The continued attacks such as these will only foster my anguish further, and make me want to hold onto my shares for much longer. I’m going to enjoy every drop from this squeeze.

And for the record, Curt has been very overly polite on this forum.

The specific timing does not perfectly jibe, but then, thinking about it, it shouldn’t. As in:

I am wondering if it is not production rate or a deep-pocketed sugardaddy or anything else of that sort, but rather that the impetus for Mr Musk’s “short burn of the century” comment was nothing other than this discovery of the saboteur, and Tesla management’s realization that one of the ramifications regarding fake news, short-selling shenanigans and the like could include the crumbling of the deplorable houses of cards they have been, once the legal process begins -

And yet again, apologies for the rather convoluted grammar and mashing of metaphors in the above. My reasoning that the timing makes sense is that management, rather than rushing toward declaring their initial findings of sabotage at the outset, rather continued to gather data - including their...ah....discussions....with Sr Tripp - before making public anything other than the news that a short burn was on its way.

The timing for this theory doesn’t line up with Elon’s tweet a day or so ago saying shorts have about 3 weeks to cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.