Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question: whose candlestick charts are most reliable? Not patterns - the charts themselves.

I'm day trading Tesla options on etrade on my iPhone and have been doing well. I have a real problem tho with the etrade app going onto the next candlestick before the 5 minutes is up. Then when I refresh the page not only do the two last candlesticks merge back together but more often than not, the previous 2-3 are completely different also. So what I thought was a signal to buy like a hammer can be a continuation slide etc. v frustrating.

Didn't we see this same effort on Tuesday and it didn't work then? So shorts are now borrowing even more shares to try again? Isn't the First Rule of Digging Holes to Stop Digging?

This price action reminds me very much of the price action around 306 when Tencent created strong support there. Try and try again the stock wouldn't go below it, and thus ultimately went to 380's instead

Didn't we see this same effort on Tuesday and it didn't work then? So shorts are now borrowing even more shares to try again? Isn't the First Rule of Digging Holes to Stop Digging?

This price action reminds me very much of the price action around 306 when Tencent created strong support there. Try and try again the stock wouldn't go below it, and thus ultimately went to 380's instead

Well they still have 3 weeks of peace.

Norway deliveries for S and X are looking good.

Good, but not exceptional. Norway has seen days with >200 cars sold, especially on EOQ, but right now we're stable on the decent but boring ~50 cars per day ;-)
I hope it will ramp up a bit in the next 2 weeks.
In any case, it will be a good quarter, but with Norway I always hope for a blast.

This article is exactly why I'm going to be buying tsla for the long haul.

And I bought some more stock with the profits from my options.
Yes, it's one measily stock. I started last week with $800 in options, and now I have my $800 august optionsagain, as well as 3 shares.
It doesn't even matter now if my options would expire worthless.
What article?

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Good, but not exceptional. Norway has seen days with >200 cars sold, especially on EOQ, but right now we're stable on the decent but boring ~50 cars per day ;-)
I hope it will ramp up a bit in the next 2 weeks.
In any case, it will be a good quarter, but with Norway I always hope for a blast.

This is not correct, Q2 is much better than Q2 last year as the first two months delivered way more cars than the same time last year and June is on-track to beat last year too, I think quarter fro quarter they are around 70% higher. This is because Tesla are evening out their deliveries to avoid a push rush at the end.

Today is a BORING day, 1st we go down, then we go sideways. Hope we come back up soon.

I don't think this is Tesla driven. All auto stocks are down mainly because of trade concerns. Actually Tesla is doing better than the majority of them.

However I agree, I far prefer a SpaceX chart!

• Funny
Reactions: madodel and hoang51
You know we shorts are not all acting in concert?

You’re a rare bird ;).

Most shorts band together to strengthen their confirmation bias just like we do here on TMC.

But you have generally been more balanced in your comments than most shorts, and with a far more respectful tone throughout.

Have you doubled down on your put position with the recent price increase by buying more?

Or do we about have you ready to consider a long position on the next price dip?

I don't think this is Tesla driven. All auto stocks are down mainly because of trade concerns. Actually Tesla is doing better than the majority of them.

However I agree, I far prefer a SpaceX chart!

SpaceX is not the best, they have their rockets re-land, lets just stick to some good old fashioned non-reusable rockets ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.