Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow 5K is great.
Bears argument now for next 3 months moves to can they sustain and be profitable in Q3.
In October profit is one off and can they sustain profit.
In January 2019 Ok they are profitable but what about valuation?
In August 2019 when that is answered but competition is coming in big way and Tesla can not sustain.

Reactions: DragonWatch
I still can't find clarity on whether this merely *restores* the prior 25% tariff, or whether it is the reduced 15% tariff plus a 25% tariff, which would be 40% tariff. I really wish reporters would actually bother to do enough research to explain this.

Importers of U.S.-built cars, including Tesla, had promised price cuts which are now likely to be reversed. The price of a Tesla Model S in China was set to fall from around $114,400 to $107,100. Instead, it will now increase to roughly $125,300, assuming Tesla passes on the whole tariff increase to its customers.

Auto Makers in the U.S., Including Tesla and Ford, Brace for Additional Tariff From China

It's 40% according to the WSJ, but i suppose that won't matter, at least for today. A longer term problem regarding China may be the stronger headwind from USD/CNY rates, although Tesla probably hedges those for the near and medium term.

More FUD. Desperation: Read the 'fine print' of Elon Musk's email, says investor

So this guy is claiming that "factory gated" means partially produced, not necessarily finished. They're grasping at straws now...

This probably goes back to several posts at Tesla forums. It seems some already produced cars were stuck in that status for 6 weeks or so waiting for *something* ...

Factory Gated | Tesla
What does "Factory Gated" mean on a car
"Factory Gate Routing" -- What Does it Really Mean?

After reading those I still have no clue what it actually means. In the end it probably won't matter and i don't care to much about it. Even if they have produced some car's less than announced, as some bears suspect, it doesn't matter because they'll slowly continue to raise production rates. Regarding all that talk about a possible adjustment of Moody's Rating, i'd assume they will look at more than a single week. Maybe they'll wait until after the Q2 report and conference call before they may issue a new note.

Status
Not open for further replies.