Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very OT, but as mentioned, went to the launch of the i-Pace today. For sure it’s a nice car, but much smaller then you’d imagine given the external size - about the same as my wife's C-Max I reckon.

Nicely finished as you’d expect from Jaguar, superb seats, lots of brushed aluminium and chrome in the interior. And I’m sure I’ve seen door-handles like that somewhere before.

Summary: shiny but tiny...

Attachments

• CD936DFF-B057-41E2-ACAA-A2CD642760E7.jpeg
    CD936DFF-B057-41E2-ACAA-A2CD642760E7.jpeg
    397.3 KB · Views: 94
  • 35869105-66CB-4326-BF80-2256AFDB79BD.jpeg
    35869105-66CB-4326-BF80-2256AFDB79BD.jpeg
    383.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 4C84017A-5489-4DDE-A3F4-300FFA440F80.jpeg
    4C84017A-5489-4DDE-A3F4-300FFA440F80.jpeg
    380.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 897E61EC-ECF6-4927-B4D2-4A5DFFE0C029.jpeg
    897E61EC-ECF6-4927-B4D2-4A5DFFE0C029.jpeg
    399.1 KB · Views: 88
  • C27143F9-8F13-4D58-BBA5-D34EACA909EA.jpeg
    C27143F9-8F13-4D58-BBA5-D34EACA909EA.jpeg
    389 KB · Views: 76
  • 2C1A6076-6C87-4A93-A2B7-4FB15B4250A2.jpeg
    2C1A6076-6C87-4A93-A2B7-4FB15B4250A2.jpeg
    390.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 54926F46-476E-4EDB-BCC5-3A5333B85B5B.jpeg
    54926F46-476E-4EDB-BCC5-3A5333B85B5B.jpeg
    282.6 KB · Views: 79
  • 97E3FA1C-8D11-40CD-AED4-628CD68833B7.jpeg
    97E3FA1C-8D11-40CD-AED4-628CD68833B7.jpeg
    268.3 KB · Views: 80
  • CA250DC9-F430-4E2C-983B-BAF79757F133.jpeg
    CA250DC9-F430-4E2C-983B-BAF79757F133.jpeg
    235 KB · Views: 80
Very OT, but as mentioned, went to the launch of the i-Pace today. For sure it’s a nice car, but much smaller then you’d imagine given the external size - about the same as my wife's C-Max I reckon.

Nicely finished as you’d expect from Jaguar, superb seats, lots of brushed aluminium and chrome in the interior. And I’m sure I’ve seen door-handles like that somewhere before.

Thanks! Nice to see a review from someone we can trust, a Telarian! One observation is that it sure looks cluttered in that cabin...

• Helpful
Reactions: dw4ngg
I doubt bears care to operate on German exchanges.
I hope your wish comes true, but I'd expect renewed attacks tomorrow :(
And possibly going down some more before it's all said and done.

Looks like your were spot on, we dipped below $300 for a bit and it seems like support was pretty solid, then a bounce back to $308 now.

The longer we stay at this range the more buyers and fresh money will be pumped in to support a new low. As long as Tesla continues to work hard at achieving the 5k goal and make it sustainable Shorts will eventually give in. The stronger shorts will stock around until we reach 10k/week and from there we’ll see them start to atrophy away. Glad to see the stock market turn green again.

But the screens are so small! And the frunk is just big enough for a birds nest!
This will get a lot of ‘mine is bigger than yours’ remarks.

Yeah, so is the little Jag actually competition for the Y, a vehicle that has not even been shown yet, just teased. Plus it, along with every other BEV out there, has a significant disadvantage vs. a Tesla: no Supercharger access. That would be a game changer for me.

Thanks for the pix and comments. I have a Model 3 on order, but it's been delayed so long I am considering switching to the Jaguar.

I'm interested in your impression about the interior size. Externally, we know it's nearly identical in footprint to the Tesla Model 3, though somewhat taller than the 3. I'd expect the interior therefore to be also similar to Model 3, though more cluttered as you say than the 3's more open interior design. Do you feel it's smaller than a Model 3 inside? Or same size with some of the open space used up by consoles and storage and such?

Back on topic after this...

Is this Opposite Day? I forgot my left handed pencil set.

He confirmed the articles were based on spurious information and that she paid for the commission of what I believe to be a felony in the transmission of private corporate data. The further implication that she is affiliated with the largest short holder in tsla could imply a criminal conspiracy.

It is going to get interesting and Chanos doesn’t necessarily seem any more squeamish than Elon. I’ll bet some people who’ve been listening to him might start reaching out to more sources to find out if Tesla really makes sh*tty unreliable cars that only a few vegan tree huggers would buy and that Elon is Jeff Skilling in jesus robes.

I responded ‘like’ to your post after the ‘Skilling in Jesus robes’ bit. (Had trouble seeing through my tears). Then changed it to ‘love’ after reading the rest of what you wrote. Well done, and thank you.

Thanks for the info and pics on the i-Pace. Odd that it keeps being compared to the Model X. It seems much more similar to the S than the X.

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
Looks like your were spot on, we dipped below $300 for a bit and it seems like support was pretty solid, then a bounce back to $308 now.

The longer we stay at this range the more buyers and fresh money will be pumped in to support a new low. As long as Tesla continues to work hard at achieving the 5k goal and make it sustainable Shorts will eventually give in. The stronger shorts will stock around until we reach 10k/week and from there we’ll see them start to atrophy away. Glad to see the stock market turn green again.
I added some calls this morning when we dipped. I'm expecting to see another dip tomorrow morning that hopefully is rejected again. I'm expecting some consolidation, but I think this dip is running low on power at this point. The Bloomberg tracker is now showing 5,000+ for the next couple of weeks. If that proves accurate, we may see a very nice climb over the next couple of weeks right back up to where we were after the good production numbers were announced.

At least two Nobel Laureates there. But don't forget Foucault's pendulum.
I know we're heading to the edge of being OT, but as a one-time physicist, it's funny that you should conjecture about a connection between the second law and GR. The second law in its current formulation doesn't really have anything to do with GR, AFAIK. However, data-starved theorists can't sit around and do nothing, hence the exploration of entropic gravity, which sounds kinda cool. Regrettably, doesn't actually seem to apply to the universe we happen to be in.

The Ipace is about 1 foot shorter than the Model S, which means it’s about the size of the Model 3. The Ipace starting at $69k will be competing with the Model Y, Starting at $45k. There’s much more value in the X than the Ipace.

Last edited:
This is obviously being done by someone who doesn't care about the money - probably oil based - but I don't understand how they think this plan to break the longs' spirit is going to work. Any longs who were going to get shaken by falling prices would have sold the last time they tried this. This time there isn't even any bad news. This just seems like a last desperate attempt as Model 3 takes off.

If you buy this car, your kids/grandkids will shout, it's not a tesla!

Status
Not open for further replies.