Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Wall Street Journal is owner by Rupert Murdoch, who has stakes in Genie Oil. He also owns many other “news” groups.

Wikipedia says Genie Energy is a holding and listed at the NYSE. Their market cap is $150 million. Genie Oil seems to belong to Genie Energy and Murdoch is a minority owner of Genie Energy, reportedly owning 5.5% of that company. So his stake in the mother company should be worth less than $10 million? Rupert Murdochs wealth is estimated to be somewhere close to $20 billion.

His son is a member of the Tesla board of directors.

How sure are you, he's influencing the journalistic endeavours of the WSJ to protect the <0,05% of his wealth, that is in Genie Energy?

Why not criticize Ross Gerber then? Gerber Kawasakis stake in Exxon-Mobile seems to be even more than 0.05% of the portfolio.

This kind of myth building makes me little sad ...

If I might put words in @CuriousSunbird 's mouth. Tesla has both investors and fans (with overlap). The fans make it interesting due to their support when the technicals indicate otherwise. No bearing on large funds/ groups working for/against Tesla.

Except experienced product quality is a big part of fundamentals and validating outlook.

That is why I took delivery of Model 3 in 2018 besides tech-lust, to validate that it is not a tesla branded econobox more close to the Bolt or eGolf but indeed on par if not better in some aspects to the twice as expensive Model S. And it did exceed my expectations by a wide margin.

Random thought: I wonder if Model 3 sales increasing is actually acting to drag down the share price directly.

There's probably a significant number of Model 3 reservation holders that own TSLA stock, and are selling it to pay for a Model 3...

Institutions and shorts are almost certainly far more of an impact, but this is probably contributing?

I get your random thought, but hasn't Tesla already been through that? How many model S were purchased from TSLA capital gains? A significant amount I would think from the many comments I've read from owners who did that very thing and I don't remember any specific drop in the SP due to that. Most of the shares are held by institutional owners anyway so unless they plan to give M3's out as an Xmas bonus, the vast majority of the shares wouldn't be sold for that reason.

It may have a small effect, but more than anything else it will make a lot of TSLA owners happy Tesla owners!

Last edited:
Wow: Tesla bear apologizes to clients after releasing inaccurate TSLA note

Similar to other critics on Twitter, Johnson framed his narrative on the assumption that Tesla had admitted to misleading investors. His note was headlined as “TSLA may have Admitted to Actionably False Statements.” As it became evident that he had committed an error, Johnson opted to correct his note, revising his note with a headline stating “ERRATUM.” Johnson also included an apology in his revision.

“We apologize for the inconvenience,” he wrote.

Why doesn’t anyone start a go fund Tesla campaign to raise cash for Tesla’s bottom line? I bet it’ll raise millions since there are a lot of people truly believe in the company and willing to help out Elon Musk. Though I’m sure they don’t really need any cash, but it’s still nice to have and can shut the shorts up about Tesla’s ability to raise cash without Wall Street.

Why doesn’t anyone start a go fund Tesla campaign to raise cash for Tesla’s bottom line? I bet it’ll raise millions since there are a lot of people truly believe in the company and willing to help out Elon Musk. Though I’m sure they don’t really need any cash, but it’s still nice to have and can shut the shorts up about Tesla’s ability to raise cash without Wall Street.
Worth a try. If you start one, post the link here.

Reactions: Richgoogol
Wow: Tesla bear apologizes to clients after releasing inaccurate TSLA note

Similar to other critics on Twitter, Johnson framed his narrative on the assumption that Tesla had admitted to misleading investors. His note was headlined as “TSLA may have Admitted to Actionably False Statements.” As it became evident that he had committed an error, Johnson opted to correct his note, revising his note with a headline stating “ERRATUM.” Johnson also included an apology in his revision.

“We apologize for the inconvenience,” he wrote.

excellent - i was just going to post that myself. they’re going after the people who are stating “false facts”, rather than their opinions. this is good.

Because it would look bad, even though Tesla had nothing to do with it. Shorts would use it as an excuse to mislead people into thinking Tesla was desperate. Much like they’ve already with supplier negotiations, which are a sign of strength, not weakness.

That's a bad idea. If you want to support Tesla.... Buy one.

Because it would look bad, even though Tesla had nothing to do with it. Shorts would use it as an excuse to mislead people into thinking Tesla was desperate. Much like they’ve already with supplier negotiations, which are a sign of strength, not weakness.
Well I don't think that matters that much. Plus if Tesla is not directly involved, it won't affect anything, at least in the long run. The shorts can spin it whichever way they want, but after all, money is money, more is always better.

• Disagree
Reactions: WarpedOne
excellent - i was just going to post that myself. they’re going after the people who are stating “false facts”, rather than their opinions. this is good.

The FUD tide is suddenly going out - doesn't mean it won't come back in again in a few days, but for the moment... Maybe they've just run out of creative ideas and they're on an off-site, residential brain-storming together...

Status
Not open for further replies.