Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, no.

All BoD members own shares and have huge amounts of options for more shares. Today's letter from those six directors was a CYA move. against future lawsuits and possible criminal charges IMO. I am sure their lawyers were yelling at them yesterday to put some distance between them and Musk. This letter establishes the timeline when they first learned about this idea from Elon. What it also does point out is there was knowledge before the 10Q was issued to the SEC on Monday. Nowhere in the 10Q was this idea or possibility addressed. This proposal is "material" to the Tesla narrative. That is a violation right there.

I think we can assume the big securities law firms are already salivating over this. Next, they will be going over every tweet for months trying to establish a pattern of Musk using Twitter to spike the stock to burn short sellers. Remember the June promise of a "huge short squeeze to come within weeks"?
Wow....ok trying to follow your logic here. Musk is a lying fool who will soon end up in jail...did I get it?

Shorts believe that Elon is a total fraud, 'evidence' includes predicted 10k per week last year. So "funding secured" must be another fraud.
Well he wins rocket launching contracts from NASA, U.S. military, foreign governments. The short brush that off saying it has nothing to do with Tesla.

But for that to fly he has to be very stupid too, since lying about privatization would get him in jail. I have yet to see an explanation about how he can be smart and reasonable w.r.t. Space X and at the same time extremely stupid when it comes to Tesla. How come the Space X Elon not seeing the Tesla Elon would land them both in jail?

Ever see the movie Split?

• Funny
Reactions: Remus
Shorts believe that Elon is a total fraud, 'evidence' includes predicted 10k per week last year. So "funding secured" must be another fraud.
Well he wins rocket launching contracts from NASA, U.S. military, foreign governments. The short brush that off saying it has nothing to do with Tesla.

1484423401188.gif

I can see 4 basic szenarios:

4) shareholders vote Yes
All shorts get a margin call.
35m shares (assuming no covering till vote) can get out above 420.-
Or tesla could raise up to 20% new equity (14B!) without needing a single new shareholder!!
If more want to get out, they'll do so at a guaranteed 420.-

Any guesses on the respective probabilities?

Are you suggesting that Tesla bail out the shorts by taking money directly from them, issuing new shares which the shorts then in turn return to whom they borrowed from? Would this not then devalue the stock accordingly, which is something Elon has been dead set against doing (see: Saudis trying to buy new shares)?

I guess they could set the price to bail out the shorts such that the resulting shareholder value is essentially unchanged or even higher, if the shorts can't find anyone to sell them shares at $420 ...

Some analyst on CNBC is saying that Tesla should NOT try and turn a profit, as turning a profit would crush the stock and result in the markets valuating Tesla as a "regular" company. And that Tesla should never turn a profit to "keep the dream alive".
WTF is this guy smoking? It must be 4:20 where he is.
Actually, he is right. I have been saying this for a long time. Without a profit there is no P/E ratio. Without that it is hard to measure Tesla against other stocks or automakers. Investors are free to believe whatever they want as the true value of Tesla. But faced with hard evidence the stock would likely plummet especially for a company in as bad a financial condition as Tesla. Achieving a 2018 annual profit of $1 per share would give Tesla a P/E ratio of an astronomical 370 at today's closing price. Think about that. To wipe out the losses of the first half would take about $1.5 billion in profits in the next two quarters, which is virtually impossible from here in 8/8/18.

But analysts would use a Q3 profit to extrapolate an annual amount. If Tesla does not achieve a Q3 profit the stock will likely plummet anyway. Talk about being between a rock and a hard place...

Around 8-9 years ago I used to use a service called SharesPost (sharespost.com) to buy and sell private company stock. At the time lots of FB and Twitter employees were selling their stock thru the service—lots of tech company startups were listed. I listed a bunch of common shares in a company I owned thru SharesPost.

I suspect stock in SpaceX and a private Tesla might be bought/sold thru a service like that.

EDIT: in fact SharesPost has a SpaceX page... Space Exploration Technologies | Invest or Sell Shares | SharesPost
I have been trying/waiting to buy SpaceX shares through Sharespost for 5 years. They are never available. SpaceX gobbles up all shares being offered for sale (right if first refusal on them).

Wow....ok trying to follow your logic here. Musk is a lying fool who will soon end up in jail...did I get it?
ROFL. Where on earth did you read that? Please explain.

The only thing I see at this time is the possibility of a lot of investor lawsuits from both shorts and longs alike. Because if this is all just talk, a lot of longs were buying shares in the hopes of a $420 price or higher. If this is not a real deal the stock will tank and they will lose big. Those two words "funding secured" could end up being historical in nature.

Last edited:
I am hoping that maybe after Tesla private, I can exchange some of my Tesla shares for Space X ones.
Why would you want to own shares in a company with no financial information releases? Are they making money? They are certainly spending money. Their shares are obviously not very liquid. You have been trying to buy them for five years.

I would feel like more than an shareholder.

Like I am part of the Paypal Mafia.

Expecting Elon to call for the boys weekend at Burning Man.

Tesla tent at burning man. Entry price is one Tesla share certificate. Will be set on fire in a bonefire later. This has the effect of increasing the value of all other unburnt shares.

Why would you want to own shares in a company with no financial information releases? Are they making money? They are certainly spending money. Their shares are obviously not very liquid. You have been trying to buy them for five years.

The honest truth: because we can afford to spend the $$$$$ on &$!@s and giggles and wish to do so.

ROFL. Where on earth did you read that? Please explain.

The only thing I see at this time is the possibility of a lot of investor lawsuits from both shorts and longs alike. Because if this is all just talk, a lot of longs were buying shares in the hopes of a $420 price or higher. If this is not a real deal the stock will tank and they will lose big. Those two words "funding secured" could end up being historical in nature.

If.

Reactions: EarlyAdopter
Status
Not open for further replies.