Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one here who hopes we don’t get bought out? With Q3 numbers about 5 weeks away I can see SP doing quite well. Of course if numbers are bad then it would make sense to sell but it’s looking rather good right now. Sure we might take a short term dip if the buyout falls apart but within 2 weeks Tesla could very well reverse as we start seeing profits. Buyout or not it doesn’t matter to me at this point. As long as Elon doesn’t inflict more unwarranted pain on shareholders.

I pretty much always agree with you but right now, after reading that piece of crap NYT article meant to show Elon is the worse possible light, I want Tesla private yesterday.

This bs has gone on more than long enough. And I want every ‘source in the know’, leaker, mean-spirited short, blogger, journalist etc... to choke on their next chicken bone - which is surprising to me because I avoid putting bad Karma out there like a plague. What they have done to this man and continue to do is inexcusable. It is them you need to blame for shareholder angst, not Elon.

Forgive my ignorance, but there's no sell without a buy, right? So plenty of buying, just very smart buying that doesn't put the SP up.

If I have a few billion $ to spend, I'd be very happy right now, very happy indeed.

Naturally there's a buy for every sell, but if that was the end of the story how could a stock price ever change? There are more eager sellers than buyers today, much more eager sellers in fact, which is why we're down 5-6% on market open. So where are the buyers? My guess is their hands are tied (the big institutional buyers). The big institutional sellers who aren't "in on the deal" don't have their hands tied when it comes to selling stock. Weak longs who scare easily also sell freely. Many stop limits taken out today. The day is young...

• Helpful
Reactions: Lessmog
Easy: Full or not full ?

Zerothly: this SP action hurts, but it's minor compared to the stuff Elon is putting himself through...

First off the lot is a buffer, better shipping means less cars on site, full would be a bad sign. (saying it needs to be full always is just plain ignorant). . Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson airport handles ~300,000 passengers a day, but it doesn't have nearly that many simultaneously.

Secondly, that tweet says the pics were take Monday/ Day... so explain this:
aug_11.PNG

Last I checked, Monday was the 13th.

Keeping the moderators jumping this morning?
Firstly, worth noting that the SP is still higher than before the Q2 EC, and fundamentals are now even better

Secondly, what are the implications of such a drop at this moment in time? Generally speaking good, no? With the exceptions of some option traders. Longs can accumulate, shorts can creep out the exit.

If we privatise, it's going to be 420 in the bag. If we don't privatise then it's going to be 420 because Tesla are doing fine.

So it hurt, it feels bad, the BS being spread around sucks majorly, but no need to panic.
What is really becoming disconcerting to me isn't so much what is happening with the stock price. I expect that with such a disruptive company. I am truly beginning to get morally outraged at the tactics being employed by some people and the obvious negative effect it is having on many people, including myself. I hear it all the time that emotion has no place in the stock market but apparently moral character and humanitarian decency don't either. This is a cesspool of vile, despicable people and I find it remarkable they are able to keep their jobs. As soon as my car is ready for delivery and I need to finalize my financing I will be cashing out. I want no more of this. I realize that is exactly what the shorts want but I am done with all this. I hate watching what it is doing to Elon and others. I feel dirty just reading all this crap.

Dan

This was one hell of an attack with this article and heavy selling pressure designed to crush the stock. This wasn't tip toe selling, this was selling hell bent on driving the price down. Really impressive given the buyout in the works. The FUD machine hit a short term home run here. They are really really good at instilling short term fear. I personally bought the hell out of this dip, just following rules that I use. Near the bottom, it usually gets excruciating.

I don’t understand why anyone thinks going private will stop all this FUD. While it may not be aimed at affecting stock price, it will undoubtedly continue in an attempt affect the Tesla brand and demand for their products. Other OEMs as well as oil/gas companies will still have massive incentive to attack Tesla.

Oil/gas/OEM will need to use their own people to spread their message, that makes the source more obvious. All those with short position will not bother continuing. Is oil/gas going to hire Mark S in media relations? Will Chanos still go on CNBC?

I don’t understand why anyone thinks going private will stop all this FUD. While it may not be aimed at affecting stock price, it will undoubtedly continue in an attempt affect the Tesla brand and demand for their products. Other OEMs as well as oil/gas companies will still have massive incentive to attack Tesla.
Most of it will go away when you can't make immediate financial profit by manipulating the SP. Not all of it.

Keeping the moderators jumping this morning?

What is really becoming disconcerting to me isn't so much what is happening with the stock price. I expect that with such a disruptive company. I am truly beginning to get morally outraged at the tactics being employed by some people and the obvious negative effect it is having on many people, including myself. I hear it all the time that emotion has no place in the stock market but apparently moral character and humanitarian decency don't either. This is a cesspool of vile, despicable people and I find it remarkable they are able to keep their jobs. As soon as my car is ready for delivery and I need to finalize my financing I will be cashing out. I want no more of this. I realize that is exactly what the shorts want but I am done with all this. I hate watching what it is doing to Elon and others. I feel dirty just reading all this crap.

Dan

Cashing-out because you need to pay for your M3 or because you've had enough?

I hate what's happening now, like most of us, and any decent human-being, but that's not the answer. In your case, just switch off your PC/Mac, keep away from Twitter, don't come here. But keep your shares.

“Excruciating year” that is leading to great production results.

What worries me is the worst is yet to come, that needs
Clarification.
If you read the article the worst yet to come is for him on a personal level because of the mental anguish caused by the shorts and forces against him.

It's clear in the article but of course that's the quote people are using out of context.

Last edited:
I am truly beginning to get morally outraged at the tactics being employed by some people and the obvious negative effect it is having on many people, including myself.

I am convinced that this is the end game: instead of drip-drip FUD we got a frontal assault designed to slander core elements of the "Tesla story" - in particular Elon.

The Thai story made it clear that Elon can be trolled, and the NYT character assassination today shows that both the liberal and the conservative media and political establishment are seeing Tesla as a threat.

I hope Elon is keeping his cool: these personal attacks are proof that they don't have any substantial attacks left. This NYT story will blow over, in a week or two the improving Tesla fundamentals will dominate the stock price again.

Tesla customers will ignore it and continue to buy the products they want to buy regardless of what liars are attacking it. The number of people in the population who are resistant to media manipulation is growing a lot.

The stock price is a concern for Tesla's employees, so it's a big deal to the function of the company. Once the stock price stops being affected, Tesla can stop being derailed by anti-Tesla trader media. Going private solves that. If Tesla is private, then the employees can focus entirely on their work.

A few firsts for me:
My first post to TMC - Yay!
First time TSLA owner as of this morning (10^2) 1024 shares + 299 shares
Soon to be first time Tesla owner/driver - M3 AWD ordered

It's clear to me that Tesla should go private to avoid all this FUD. If this story Parked BMWs bursting into flames leave owners with questions was about Tesla - we'd never hear the end of it.

Hang in there longs and a middle finger wave to the shortz.

Status
Not open for further replies.