Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, I’m getting fatigued from all the attention going towards the NYT, which is irrelevant to Tesla’s production ramp. It appears Tesla is firing on all cylinders
Warning, ICE metaphor. Don't use it. Tesla is... fully charged? Spinning at top RPM? Delivering full power?
:)

and Inside EV #s will likely surpass everything Tesla has ever produced in September. I think Inside EV numbers will come out within 10-12 days.

New No, no, down dang you! Come on, hit $288, you can do it! ;)

Yeah, intraday low so far was $288.20.

BTW., you didn't specify order size when you asked our opinion - maybe your 10 million shares BUY LIMIT order at $288.00 scared them off?

BTW., there was a big drop on NASDAQ, which might eventually put some more drag on TSLA as well.

I have to say, unless TSLA recovers to 320-340 region soon (as in the next few weeks) I'll be mostly wiped out (already lost 20% last Friday with options spreads expiring fully ITM that previously were OTM). Will still have some call spreads going forward, but I'd be demolished as I didn't imagine we could see such carnage in share price following a plan to go private.

I’m sorry to hear that. But I want to say, that I have several times warned people taking too much risks. Of course anything can still turn out fine.

Reactions: Johann Koeber
I think we're going to have 50-55K deliveries in Q3 exactly as predicted.

Tesla's Q3 guidance was the following in the Q2 report:

Also, 'Q3 deliveries higher than Q3 production' suggests that the last week of Q3 will have to have a lower production rate than the ~5,000/week going into Q3.

So something's still off - they are clearly better right now.

My theory is: either they are setting up for a positive surprise in Q3, or are expecting a shutdown near end of Q3.

These are the facts I am working with as I see them.

Elon is hyper paranoid and wants q3 to be perfect, hence working at full plaid.
On aug 15 his mental state appears totally normal and calm.
Production approaching 6000 per week and advancing.
Reiterates no regrets about going private.

All that against a vicious press looking to exploit any
Vulnerability and pushing a false narrative.

In light of the above I bought some, would not be surprised
If we close higher on the day.

Transportation based on cars leads to sprawling and space inefficient cities, all of which leads to an inefficient use of resources with poor effects on the local and global environment.

But surely you understand that public transportation -- mass transportation -- is not feasible in rural areas. I happen to live in a rural area. Electric cars are needed to get around the countryside and from the countryside to the city. Surely you agree?

Public transportation isn't sustainable. It currently requires fossil fuels, which will run out. To even entertain the notion of sustainability, we first need to kick our addiciton to oil. And globally, Tesla is the company that's doing the most to make that a reality.
Public transportation doesn’t require fossil fuels. Just as cars don’t. A lot more of public transport is already electric compared to cars globally, BTW.

I am surprised Elon still needs to maintain 120 hour week schedule given that
Operational situation is under control and production is approaching
6000 model 3s per week.

It could also imply he wants to improve production further and moreover
That he wants to achieve profitability in the quarter beyond any reasonable
Doubt. He is in the Only the paranoid survive mode.
If you go over to the Model 3 Delivery forum,... I think Musk is troubleshooting the paint quality and delivery logistics problems right now.

What has me worried is could this be a perfect storm created by Big Oil to kill Tesla more effectively than anything else?

Saudis court Elon for a while, he refuses, they then gobble up shares running up the stock price somewhat as well. Then they manage to convince Elon enough that Elon goes public with a go private announcement, soon after Saudis start dumping their purchased shares running the shareprice down and instead go for Lucid and leave Elon hanging destroying his credibility and as Elon = Tesla pretty much they get what they wanted.

Sounds nuts, but hell, same way it sounds nuts to have TSLA at 360-390 and drop to 280 in 1.5 weeks...

I have to say, unless TSLA recovers to 320-340 region soon (as in the next few weeks) I'll be mostly wiped out (already lost 20% last Friday with options spreads expiring fully ITM that previously were OTM). Will still have some call spreads going forward, but I'd be demolished as I didn't imagine we could see such carnage in share price following a plan to go private.
That's too bad. I'm still set up so I can survive pretty much any stock price move (though I might have to shuffle some shares between accounts to maintain my margin capacity supporting my short puts).

I am surprised Elon still needs to maintain 120 hour week schedule given that
Operational situation is under control and production is approaching
6000 model 3s per week.

It could also imply he wants to improve production further and moreover
That he wants to achieve profitability in the quarter beyond any reasonable
Doubt. He is in the Only the paranoid survive mode.

My guess is that he made his long hours comment public so that the Tesla Team can see that he is with them all the way. This is a motivation for the team to hit the 6k target in the coming week(s). It’s a message that imo will prove to be more prudent than any email he could have sent to his employees commending their hard work. It gives a sense of urgency that all hands need to be on deck. 6k here we come!

td293.png

Bang-BOOM! Took a big-caliber shot at 293 with all the powder I had.

"Hope is not a strategy, but it is the only thing that made sense to me this morning" -Bob

Yeah, intraday low so far was $288.20.

BTW., you didn't specify order size when you asked our opinion - maybe your 10 million shares BUY LIMIT order at $288.00 scared them off?

BTW., there was a big drop on NASDAQ, which might eventually put some more drag on TSLA as well.

Lol, wish I was that much of a big fish ;)

Just missed it. Oh well. Barring something like Elon going into work and shooting up the Gigafactory, that powder will remain dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.