Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a negative, good buddy. Even if TSLA goes to 1000 in 5 years, it's still not enough gain to do what I want to do if I'm only in stocks.
Then you'll just have to accept that the price of options is going to move for reasons other than the movement in the stock price. I suggest learning more about options. :)

As I mentioned yesterday, I think a lot of people here (bears and bulls alike) are vastly overblowing the 'catastrophe' this is causing to TSLA.

Even Fred over at Elektrek panicked and published a ridiculous headline of TSLA "tumbling" on the stay public news. This was before the market even opened, and TSLA was only down a few percent, which really is not much for this high beta stock.

Long story short:

1. Elon was thinking about taking TSLA private.
2. He decided not to.
3. Stock is down a few percent. Nothing too significant.
4. Upcoming major upside catalysts include positive free cash flow and profit, just weeks away. Model 3 ramping further.

This is like a booger in the vast scheme of things. A nothingburger. You might even say a nothingbooger.

Everyone complaining about how they are doomed needs to take a chill pill and just wait a few weeks. We'll be back into the upper $300s and possibly $400s in just a few week's time.

We might even close green today.

As I mentioned yesterday, I think a lot of people here (bears and bulls alike) are vastly overblowing the 'catastrophe' this is causing to TSLA.

Even Fred over at Elektrek panicked and published a ridiculous headline of TSLA "tumbling" on the stay public news. This was before the market even opened, and TSLA was only down a few percent, which really is not much for this high beta stock.

Long story short:

1. Elon was thinking about taking TSLA private.
2. He decided not to.
3. Stock is down a few percent. Nothing too significant.
4. Upcoming major upside catalysts include positive free cash flow and profit, just weeks away. Model 3 ramping further.

This is like a booger in the vast scheme of things. A nothingburger. You might even say a nothingbooger.

Everyone complaining about how they are doomed needs to take a chill pill and just wait a few weeks. We'll be back into the upper $300s and possibly $400s in just a few week's time.

We might even close green today.
My thoughts exactly:

1) the dip to around $305 pre-market was just that, a low volume pre-market dip;

2) the stock hasn't dropped an unusual amount today, it's like any non-news-day;

3) by Q3 ER we'll be at ATH if - and only if - Tesla posts a profit as promised. I'm betting they will, but you never know.

The Billion-Dollar Tesla Hit Piece | CleanTechnica

Good reading while waiting for the mandatory morning dip (on steroids) to conclude. Many thanks to the authors!
Wow! Thanks for linking the article, that was a breath of fresh air and I think encapsulated what most of us feel. Great job! Now I have to read the other article referenced... I'm a strong ENTJ and we love stuff like this, even if we do talk too much about it.

Morgan Stanley’s opinion after staying public: no change in rating or price target.

Snippets from note this morning:

In our opinion, Tesla’s CEO still harbors a desire to remove Tesla from the public market (recognizing that it would require an extraordinarily large amount of equity capital). Communication and sequencing of the potential plan clearly faced a number of challenges.

Key thoughts following the end to the ‘take private’ discussion.

1. Fundamentals. Tesla’s ability to multiply production of Model 3 into 3Q and 4Q profitably and with positive free cash flow (as targeted) will, in our view, be the number one factor in determining the direction of the share price by year end. We expect cash flow to remain negative albeit at an improved rate from 1H. We also continue to forecast a $2.5bn equity capital raise in 4Q to de-risk execution and the balance sheet.

2. Direction. Following the events of the past 3 weeks, investors may understandably have concerns around leadership and direction. We acknowledge these are important issues that we are not able to fully quantify at this time. In our view, sentiment around the Tesla story was hurt to some degree and may last for some time. That said, the resolution of the uncertainty surrounding a potential take-private scenario was important for employee morale, relationships with suppliers, governments, regulators and investors.

3. Strategic Value. We continue to believe there is strategic value at Tesla when considering the brand, it’s people, products, and assets (including infrastructure). While we completely understand the reasons behind halting plans to remove Tesla from the public market, we believe the events may have elevated the market’s awareness of the value of the company to potential strategic partners and believe this theme will remain a factor for the investment narrative for the foreseeable future.

#Tesla short interest is $10.5 bn, 32.7 mm shares shorted, 25.6% of float. $TSLA shorts are up +$372 million in mark-to-market profits on this mornings -3% price move. Shares shorted are down -2.07 mm since The Tweet & -152k over the last week, but seeing some new shorting today.

DlnVnKPXsAEKQuh.jpg

Twitter. It's what's happening.

One of my favorite pieces on CleanTechnica. Thanks to @Papafox for the superb analysis and writing!

Hello Zach - Thanks for helping get that terrific article from Papa circulated. I noticed some comments at the end of the article giving you credit for the article, and to your credit you gave credit where credit is due.......to Papa. Wouldn't it be easier to simply put his name directly under the article title?

My order for a P3D recently updated from a delivery date range of "Aug - Oct" to "by Oct." This suggests that P3D demand is very strong.

Disagree, last week's fire burned down a tent (which was probably GA5). Also, workers are going home early (not sure how often, but probably everyday) due to lack of demand.

Lastly, look at this lot of 3’s that are unsold.

:D

29A8B6D2-13F2-48FF-B0A3-C1E60B3A8A0A.jpeg

Disagree, last week's fire burned down a tent (which was probably GA5). Also, workers are going home early (not sure how often, but probably everyday) due to lack of demand.

Lastly, look at this lot of 3’s that are unsold.

:D

View attachment 329466

You are aware that every manufacturer of automobiles stores is inventory after manufacture in order to consolodate shipping right? Like you’re just posting pictures of what every car manufacturer does.

The vin registrations, dual to single, tell the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.