Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blimey, never quite caught up with the thread all day until now - that's Twitter for you!

So rather than respond with many posts, I picked up a load of quotes, so you can ignore my thoughts in one go... Note I've had a few beers, so probably best to not read any of it...

Dude, you just posted a 3,482 word comment.

This is why we can't have nice things in Market Action. :rolleyes:

I think everyone’s blowing the Tweet out of proportion. I think it probably halted momentum the other day, but isn’t really driving the price now.

Feels like the price is just blowing in the breeze here (FUDsters are dictating prevailing winds) awaiting more concrete news on Q3.
I almost wonder at times if he’s Bruce Wayne’ing the stock, selling prior to tweets and buying back after the storms subsides. I know it’s not legal, but it’s just hard to imagine someone in a bigger glass house throwing bigger stones around.

Backstory: in dark knight Bruce galivants around, he’s really buying back shares of Wayne enterprises and kicks out the board that was going to kick him out.

Reactions: SpaceCash
I almost wonder at times if he’s Bruce Wayne’ing the stock, selling prior to tweets and buying back after the storms subsides. I know it’s not legal, but it’s just hard to imagine someone in a bigger glass house throwing bigger stones around.

Changes in insider stock ownership must be reported to the SEC on Form 4 within two business days. Elon did so twice in May, and again in June this year. No reason to believe he'd behave differently now. This isn't his first rodeo.

The simple answer is, he really doesn't care much about the fate of day traders and stock speculators. There is no change in his attitude here. Recall Elon's advice given during the 2018 Q1 Earnings Call:

Benjamin Joseph Kallo - Robert W. Baird & Co., Inc.

And anything you can do to help in the near-term on that, I think is helpful for the stock. (01:11:29) That's it.

Elon Reeve Musk - Tesla, Inc.

I think that if people are concerned about volatility, they should definitely not buy our stock. I'm not here to convince you to buy our stock. Do not buy it if volatility is scary. There you go.​

TSLA is a 5-10 year play, or even 20 if you're really long. So don't sweat the small stuff (it'll pass), or you might miss out on the big stuff.

Cheers!

What are you implying?
To directly answer your question: That when it comes to the potential of losing their wealth there are those that believe that the ends justify the means. Character assignation, FUD, "whistleblowers", SEC investigations, and even industrial sabotage are all merely the price of doing business.

To explain my thoughts: The disruption to established trillion dollar markets worldwide will adversely impact the profits of very wealthy people/corporations. The same people/corporations have spent significant amounts of money supporting politicians/governments in attempts to ensure that their profits are maintained. Does anyone think that these same people/corporations will embrace "The Mission" and willingly give up their market domination?

I am not a tweeter. Made my first tweet that might be good ammunition for you guys defending Tesla on Twitter. Retweet if you like please!

Gene on Twitter
Jeeezz!! The responses I got on this twitter post is huge. But the nasty bears who came out are really creepy in a stalking kinda' way. I already blocked a bunch of them.

Jeeezz!! The responses I got on this twitter post is huge. But the nasty bears who came out are really creepy in a stalking kinda' way. I already blocked a bunch of them.

That was a first great post Gene. If you keep it up I’m sure Elon himself will notice. He’s liked one of my tweets in the past, I had a big smile on my face for like 2 days because of it

It appears the battle is below 300 now. I'm looking for dry powder since I may be forced to buy more tomorrow ;)

Where on God’s green acres are u people coming up with all this dry powder. Couch? Hidden stashes of collector coins you buried in the backyard as children? Are you standing on the street corner on weekends? Selling your wives and children to some elaborate underground Russian slavery camp? Door Dash delivering organic pizzas Mon-Fri from 6pm-6am? Pawning your wives’ costume jewelry and your kids’ Beanie Babies? Lemonade stand?

Where on God’s green acres are u people coming up with all this dry powder. Couch? Hidden stashes of collector coins you buried in the backyard as children? Are you standing on the street corner on weekends? Selling your wives and children to some elaborate underground Russian slavery camp? Door Dash delivering organic pizzas Mon-Fri from 6pm-6am? Pawning your wives’ costume jewelry and your kids’ Beanie Babies? Lemonade stand?
2 people familiar with the situation pled the 5th. :D

WTF is a "bris"?

Ren & Stimpy - best cartoon ever, after Tom & Jerry - watch and be educated, philistine!

That is the best cartoon ever???? I'm just way too old.
Now I see why some appreciate and some despise the various profile pictures/avatars.
While the question was already answered, I'll go ahead anyway and match your Youtube link with one that informs a bit more about bris. I suppose one could say that both videos have a little in common.

There are quite a few more vivid or more boring examples. This was the easiest to watch.\

As an aside, while it isn't called a bris for those whose parents are not of the faith , many go through the same cutting experience.

Twitter's explicitly public nature makes it a cesspool of trolling, doxing, and just about every other kind of awful behavior one can find on the Internet. Many of my friends stopped using Twitter years ago due to privacy concerns and harassment.

It works great as an RSS feed of sorts, but I strongly advise anyone who is considering tweeting on personal or controversial matters, to have an OpSec plan in place before tweeting anything that might be used by adversaries for doxing and harassment.

Status
Not open for further replies.