Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also the darling of the analysts, at least one as far as I know. Morgan Stanley’s Adam Jonas just released a note on this today, explaining why they value Tesla Mobility at 1/10th of Waymo. Not an opinion on who is ahead with the FSD technology, but rather who’s best positioned to monotize the technology by offering ride share, robo-taxi fleet management and other value add services. GM cruise is also in the mix. The valuation model is based on projections that go out to 2030.

Here is how they stack up against each other, according to MS:

View attachment 331969

basically valuation = 1/(a*fleet +b*miles+c*revenue) :) head scratcher

Is there a way to look at your profile and see how many people have ignored you? This might be a good feature to have. Too many ignores might just mean you are in wrong place, wrong time, barking up the wrong tree ...

Mike117 has already been exposed as both a liar and a troll.

See this excellent observation by @Skryll: TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable, where he caught Mike117 first claiming to have bought $250 Puts, and then in a later post stating that he did not have any TSLA puts.

*somebody using an email address anonymous sources claimed he sometimes responds to emails to* responded as "off the record"...

Point taken. Maybe it is more likely to be manufactured than I thought.

But that doesn't really change the equation as to its significance. Which is, quite simply, it only matters to the extent you think it does. Seriously, if they didn't have those emails (made up or not) they would have run a different "Musk is unhinged" story.

Seriously this so called Elon Musk is getting to be a huge joke and I do really hope he pays for his *sugar*. Even if everything is true, Elon, my lovely liar, even then you should focus on your promises. One who is in the glass door does not throw stones at other people. Get your personal mess together and DELIVER instead of being a joke on weed like you were in the last 3 weeks. Your investors who believe in the future of Tesla have lost millions of dollars because of your stupidity and your unhealthy EGO. Stop now and DELIVER RESULTS. You are not anymore a child fighting for attention. Get your attention from SUCCESS. Do not make empty promises AND DELIVER.

That’s enough now. Stop with these ridiculous posts. You’ve said your bit, now move on. Repeating the same over and over again multiple times a day is going to get you banned.

And going back to TSLA. My guess is tomorrow we see an increase. Between the disappointing Mercedes ECQ (up to 200 miles :confused: - what were they thinking?), and with InsideEVs projecting August sales, my guess is that stock will be up. Glad I picked some today - I am a really tiny fish, but taking a bite whenever I can.

You may want to google Pattaya Beach, Thailand and see for yourself what’s there. The area has one of the highest rate of prositution. Personally I’ve never been there but a quick Google will show you the caliber of sex for sale in Thailand. Elon doesn’t back down when he’s right, although he should really tone it down.

As stated in the Buzzfeed article, the British diver only travels to this area in Thailand...

Living in a certain location doesn't count as evidence.

Mike117 has already been exposed as both a liar and a troll.

See this excellent observation by @Skryll: TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable, where he caught Mike117 first claiming to have bought $250 Puts, and then in a later post stating that he did not have any TSLA puts.

I don't really care what Mike117's stock position is, I find his points on Elon here to be mirroring my own and those of the people I know (I got emails related to the buzzfeed article going "what the heck is up with Elon"). Mike117 probably lost money in the last drop, and this drop is - in part- due to Elon's actions that cause a percentage of people to lose faith in him. Obviously there are other things that are influencing the stock price, but his actions have been the opposite of inspiring. I would have expected a CEO to have ignored buzzfeed and never sent out this email.

No, there is not. What there is is a lot of bs in the media making it seem like he played some crucial role. He did not. And that information has already been discussed here a number of times. Stop believing what the media writes.

Kruger guy it has now been confirmed that one of the two actually were instrumental to the resque, and no it was not Elon...

And going back to TSLA. My guess is tomorrow we see an increase. Between the disappointing Mercedes ECQ (up to 200 miles :confused: - what were they thinking?), and with InsideEVs projecting August sales, my guess is that stock will be up. Glad I picked some today - I am a really tiny fish, but taking a bite whenever I can.

I concur, just remember, it can always go lower and no one can predict the stock price. Don't sweat it if it drops again. I'm thinking of renewing my low price order that wasn't filled today. Just in case...

I live in Nebraska and worked at a dealership as a sales agent and I guarantee AWD in the $35k version will be popular in the top half of the US. I sold those small SUVs like RAV4 etc and everyone wants AWD. If you had a sedan, same rules apply. Ppl require it for snow. I would say something like possibly as high as 80 or 90 percent will want AWD. I don't even think we ordered non AWD for those small SUVs like RAV4.
Same thing in Montana where I lived before Florida. There are no RWD pickups to be found in the state. As far as a sports sedan, it will depend if buyers intend to drive it year round. Most nice cars in Montana are tucked away for the winter and only driven in nicer weather. When the Model Y is introduced I would agree AWD will be the way to go for most of the U.S., Canada, and Europe.

I don't really care what Mike117's stock position is, I find his points on Elon here to be mirroring my own and those of the people I know (I got emails related to the buzzfeed article going "what the heck is up with Elon"). Mike117 probably lost money in the last drop, and this drop is - in part- due to Elon's actions that cause a percentage of people to lose faith in him. Obviously there are other things that are influencing the stock price, but his actions have been the opposite of inspiring. I would have expected a CEO to have ignored buzzfeed and never sent out this email.

The BuzzFeed email and Mike117’s conduct here at TMC are separate issues.

Did you really just say that? And you are living in the States where there are the most killer attacks on high schools so you are probably also a killer?

People please, act smarter. Who can Elon in any sense have any clue that this guy is a pedo? It just came out of his mouth and if it's true or not doesn't even matter - Elon is destroying Tesla brand value. However I do believe that Elon is in huge stress and does therefore write these unintelligent statements. This does not mean that Tesla is doing bad - it just means that Elon needs some.vacation and the last weeks were too much for him. He can't handle it anymore and therefore acts with agression.

Since you're from Switzerland and this is an Investor Roundtable......I'd arguably say that Swiss banks have been the most despicable in the world over the last 100 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.