Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NO BUYING HERE. Wait for news. Might go bankrupt today or next week.

CAO knows something (accounting is irregular - SEC is investigating officially).
That’s too bad you will personally be bankrupt next week. Not surprising though given your track record. And for that record, you’re totally full of *sugar* on the bankruptcy/irregularities comments. I’ve asked for you to be banned.

So the Air Force clearance rumor is debunked.

Where is the SEC investigation of the continuous fake news that keeps getting disseminated on a daily basis thru corporate media in order to manipulate the stock price?

Where is the list of media personalities with connections to short sellers or have a short position themselves?

I wonder how many within media would find themselves in significant legal jeopardy right now because of pumping a short to gain financially?

But let’s trust them when they say Tesla is a bad investment because, again, they are the authority on what we can and can’t believe to be true... as long as their position wins and you keep coming back for more.

However, this isn’t working too well with access to competitive outlets with rapidly broadening reach to target markets.

Elon’s proving it everyday with internet media campaign.

I suppose short sellers and trolls are synonymous - or maybe we represent a different side of the story some folks might not want to hear. I don't care how you play this - but if the company runs through its second Chief Accountant who only lasted a month, this has got to raise red flags for anyone who is a shareholder. People who are on the inside and know the company better than any of us are leaving for a good reason - and its not because the company has an unrivaled future.
I’ll call BS on this even though you’re new here, Carebear. Morton’s reasons were simple: FUDsters too prolific with their lies and attention to *making things up*, and he didn’t like the high pressure work. I get it, I wouldn’t want to work for Tesla either, but that’s because I’m retired... if I was young and still wanted to change the world (and if I had way more skills...) different ending.

I encourage people to evaluate their risk and act accordingly. When bad things happen, they tend to happen fast. If shares see a meaningful drop in price you will not get anything back. No one will save you. No companies will bail out the common. If you worked hard for your money, understand that every weekend you hold this stock, is a weekend you put your hard earned money at risk.

I understand there is a huge divide between bulls and bears on this issue but I implore you to look at the facts as they are today. Make the right decisions if not for yourself, but for the people who depend on you.
Awwww, thanks for the heartfelt-sounding advice. Even though you’re new, I’m calling you out that your post sounds way more than just a bear posing thoughtful advice. It sounds like an intelligent troll playing good cop and I’m-Your-Friend. I don’t buy it; the language is too familiar. And there’s a whole bunch of us who are REALLY tired of the trolls right now. So be warned.

A company can be efficient without being in the "scrambling startup" mode. Many successful companies were not even in the "scrambling startup" mode to begin with - for example, Saleforce and Arista Networks. A company can certainly achieve its objectives timely and execute efficiently while keeping the life and work balance. The "scrambling startup" mode doesn't mean it's more effective. Yes, it can achieve an objective in the shortest possible time. But it usually also comes with duplicate efforts, inside fighting, and scrambling to recover problems from lack of planning and time required for integration. Tesla itself provides many examples, such as the recent M3 delivery issues, and M3 battery automation - only finding out the battery module automation problem right before it is supposed to start mass production.

The efficiency of every company all goes down as the size grows, just by the nature of extra communications and reduced average talents. But it's easier for a process-oriented company to compensate the lost efficiency than a human-oriented scrambling style. If you know Tesla engineers, you would know Tesla is not effective, especially for those employees who are not in the path of focused products.

To Elon's credit, he has been able to solve problems effectively created by the scrambling style. No one except him can achieve so much and grow Tesla to this extent running in the "scrambling startup" mode. That's why it's impossible to find Elon's substitute, no one can operate in this mode at this scale.

With his apparent issues - gone are the days of good use of twitter, such as calling for talents to join the autonomous driving team, Elon can now initiate a damage any time, even within days. It's sad to see this for any of his admirers. Just hope the just- announced management change can gradually switch Tesla to the process-oriented mode. (A process-oriented company can still spear ahead with special projects running in the scrambling startup style.) So Tesla can scale up its operations and retain proven talented employees, such as Dave Morton, Doug Field, and Christian Laettner (Apple Swift, quit after half a year).

Christian Laettner was a famous Duke basketball player who hit "the shot" against Kentucky in 1992 which many will never forget.

Chris Lattner came from Apple and did not do very well at Tesla. He is a guy many in Tesla circles will never remember.

Morton’s reasons were simple: FUDsters too prolific with their lies and attention to *making things up*

If that were even remotely true, then Pulitzer-prize winning Auto Journalists would also feel the need to delete their Twitter accounts after posting an honest review of the Tesla Model 3 in the Wall St Urinal. /s

Good God I wish I had some free cash to drop in TSLA right now.

While I would have preferred that Elon not puff that bloke last night simply because it gave red meat to the shorts and “journalists”, it’s really a non-event and so many people are overreacting. Anyone who actually watches the clip instead of relying on some sensationalist journalist’s “creative interpretation” would realize he’s not a pot smoker and the news around all this is no higher than tabloid quality. (Hint, journalists: that’s not a compliment).

The sensationalism of the 24-hour news cycle has clearly permeated every aspect of society.

The CAO departure is an overreaction too. He was around 3 weeks. Sounds like he wasn’t into it or didn’t have the cahunas for it anyway. Meh. Tesla hadn’t even printed out his name badge yet. His Tesla cardigan hadn’t even arrived yet. Probably didn’t even know where the executive toilet was located. (Aside: it’s on the third floor of the Palo Alto headquarters, behind Deepak’s weightlifting room and next to the room with JB’s collection of antique Singer sewing machines. I suggest the platinum urinal, as the titanium one doesn’t flush well).

Key words of the day: Forest/trees. Gaslighting. Distraction.

All this attention on unimportant, irrelevant stuff while the true Tesla train is barreling down the track.

“Look! Squirrel! [And while you’re looking at that squirrel I’m going to reach into your pocket and steal your Diner’s Club card and pee on your leg.]

To those weak longs who got out today and said they’d walk away...I think you’re going to regret that.

I’ve been around this forum longer than most. I joined TMC back when it was a BBS and it pushed my 2400 baud modem to the limit. So I know Elon pretty well, and I know Elon BS when I see it. To the shorts that suddenty have high interest in the discourse here, you have a few more weeks to play your BS. I don’t care since I ignore the noise anyway (via copious use of the ‘Ignore’ button).

I can wait out this dip for a long time as my Tesla investment ripens from a short-term to long-term investment and the tax rate on my profits drops. But for shorts, the bell will toll soon. It’s going to be fun to watch.

Good-faith suggestions for the day:

Shorts: Now might be a good time to get out. We recover starting Monday. And the chance the price drops to this level again are small. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

Longs: Grow a pair and see the forest, not the trees. Our time is nigh.

Oh god...

CNBC was practically gushing over Tesla from the start of August - they have Gene Munster on every day talking up Tesla, they have Kramer there talking up Tesla (at least until today) and they have guests on all the time who have long Tesla or Dec calls in the 400's on very regularly.

I don't watch it directly, just the highlights Yahoo repeats, but CNBC seems to have a very strong pro-Tesla contingent. The fact you see it the complete opposite might indicate they're showing both sets of opinions.

My M3PUP is due on Oct 6th BTW... :)
Have to disagree here. Whenever CNBC has a Tesla bull on the commentators still shape their questions and comments in extremely negative ways, and, they have way more BS-artists and trolls on who blatantly lie through their teeth.

Christian Laettner was a famous Duke basketball player who hit "the shot" against Kentucky in 1992 which many will never forget.

Chris Lattner came from Apple and did not do very well at Tesla. He is a guy many in Tesla circles will never remember.

Ah, Chris Lattner. He will always be remembered as the guy who made Swift and screwed up Autopilot until Karpathy came in and saved it.

“ we are about to have the most amazing quarter in our history, building and delivering more than twice as many cars as we did last quarter “

Q2 production 53,339, twice as many in Q 3 would be 106,678
Assuming 27000 S&X
79,678 M3
Assuming production will be high in last two weeks of this months and manage to deliver 60 K M3 and 25 K S&X
60 K @ASP of 55K= 3.3 Billions
25 K@ ASP of 100 K= 2.5 Billions
Service,Energy , storage= 700 Millons
Total Revenue = 6.5 Billions
Yahoo Analyst estimates 6.1 Billions, Earnings -.42

Earnings would be hard to predict, probably slightly profitable but cash flow could be high along with high capital spending.

Short sellers will read twice as many deliveries means in Q2 they delivered only 18 K M3 so they will read as they will only deliver 36 K M3, But as per insideEV estimates over 33K already delivered in month of July and August.

Last edited:
Sorry, it means to me nobody takes care of this most important thread, so much trolling, fuds, etc, and nobody reacts timely to prevent it.

Everyone wants bad stuff stopped in its tracks or, when possible, before it has a chance to happen. That's life. We were lucky to have ggr with super skills, a tough mind, and good taste. Audie is great, too, but often stuck in Alaska listening to the bellow of moose interfering with his bandwidth. And i resigned awhile back when heart trouble, the bad kind, not women, reared its myriad possibilities.

I'll try my rudder best again but I don't know how this software works—especially how to move stuff around. Nor do I want to learn. I do know how to delete your asses, however, and will give a reason. If I screw up report it. Beware, in terms of content its hard to weed stuff out which is just ignorant from things that are malignant. I am clear on one obvious no, no. Do not put others down. Stick to content and make your points factually, logically, or with appropriate other argumentation. Also, just my prejudice but leave out anything dealing with Musk's psyche. He gets enough guff anyway, is way too much driven for any of us, and eccentricity is the genesis of creativity—a curse as well.

Good God I wish I had some free cash to drop in TSLA right now.

While I would have preferred that Elon not puff that bloke last night simply because it gave red meat to the shorts and “journalists”, it’s really a non-event and so many people are overreacting. Anyone who actually watches the clip instead of relying on some sensationalist journalist’s “creative interpretation” would realize he’s not a pot smoker and the news around all this is no higher than tabloid quality. (Hint, journalists: that’s not a compliment).

The sensationalism of the 24-hour news cycle has clearly permeated every aspect of society.

The CAO departure is an overreaction too. He was around 3 weeks. Sounds like he wasn’t into it or didn’t have the cahunas for it anyway. Meh. Tesla hadn’t even printed out his name badge yet. His Tesla cardigan hadn’t even arrived yet. Probably didn’t even know where the executive toilet was located. (Aside: it’s on the third floor of the Palo Alto headquarters, behind Deepak’s weightlifting room and next to the room with JB’s collection of antique Singer sewing machines. I suggest the platinum urinal, as the titanium one doesn’t flush well).

Key words of the day: Forest/trees. Gaslighting. Distraction.

All this attention on unimportant, irrelevant stuff while the true Tesla train is barreling down the track.

“Look! Squirrel! [And while you’re looking at that squirrel I’m going to reach into your pocket and steal your Diner’s Club card and pee on your leg.]

To those weak longs who got out today and said they’d walk away...I think you’re going to regret that.

I’ve been around this forum longer than most. I joined TMC back when it was a BBS and it pushed my 2400 baud modem to the limit. So I know Elon pretty well, and I know Elon BS when I see it. To the shorts that suddenty have high interest in the discourse here, you have a few more weeks to play your BS. I don’t care since I ignore the noise anyway (via copious use of the ‘Ignore’ button).

I can wait out this dip for a long time as my Tesla investment ripens from a short-term to long-term investment and the tax rate on my profits drops. But for shorts, the bell will toll soon. It’s going to be fun to watch.

Good-faith suggestions for the day:

Shorts: Now might be a good time to get out. We recover starting Monday. And the chance the price drops to this level again are small. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

Longs: Grow a pair and see the forest, not the trees. Our time is nigh.

I agree with you. My spreadsheet shows Q3 revenue will be around $6B. Last year the whole year was only $10B. Next year revenue will be around $25B. While spending will also go up, it will be nowhere near the revenue rate. My estimate for 2021 revenue will be about $50B, 20% gross margin. I am switching more asset into TSLA now. For most people, don't leverage, just add shares with cash at great buy point like now. Then save more cash, buy more shares. Shorts and traders can't do much about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.