Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quoting my Australian friend: Jesus Effing H Christ on a Bicycle.....!

This manipulation is ludicrous. There is no rational way this is news-driven. How many OSHA incidents at Ford, GM, FCA, BMW, VW etc. happen in a daily basis? and they are never reported on.

Yet we have a plane crash (car saves passengers) and the best crash results and down we go....

to solve the "delivery hell" they just need to hurry up with FSD, then they can send the cars to drive themselves to their owner => problem solved!
wouldn't want to put the miles on the car, but if they could get the SEMI to do it, now that would be fun.

Commercial deliveries at the moment are mostly constrained by a DRIVER shortage, not a truck shortage (but that is an issue as well)

Shortsville Times Exclusive:

Sketch Artists have created a reproduction of their vision of Tesla's devastating finger loss at the factory:

Oe7fxsQ7fj-8.png

Experts expect OSHA investigation to reveal that company executives ordered workers to work as dangerously as possible, and to place their hands at all factory pinch points when possible.

Yeah this is ridiculous. People get hurt in factories every day and there is never a press release. FUD at extremes.

But if you were the guy that lost finger, you would not be very happy about all this. Namely the sketch and corresponding comments.

Something of interest today was the earlier action in the $285 and $290 Oct 5 calls. Lots of contracts were closed during the spike to $305. I find that surprising since even though I am a long-term bear at the moment I expect a nice pop on the Q3 numbers in the first days of October. These folks either see a pull-back before then for a lower buy point or else were just ready to cash out some profits.

The NHTSA 2018 Model 3 crash-test videos are showing impressive levels of Model 3 safety:

In the side pole crash test it was impressive to see how the very rigid battery pack at the bottom of the car acted as an effective barrier against the pole intruding into the passenger compartment.

Even a Volvo XC60 (2017), famous for the integrity of the passenger compartment in crashes, is softer in side crashes:

Or an Audi Q7 (2018):

EVs with rigid battery packs at the bottom of the car have not only very safe low center of mass, but also have clear side crash protection advantages here: ICE cars put a lot of mass into the powertrain, which doesn't increase crash protection, probably the opposite is the case: that engine mass uses up crunch zone volume in the front of the car.
The front crumple zones and compression areas look great for frontal collisions, but I wonder what happens when/if there is a large roller board in the front? (not FUD)

I don’t think this has anything to do with a news report on a work accident. It must have been coordinated dumping/shorting. But it’s already running out of steam and we may end up in the green again. Has the number of shorted stocks ever been so high at this price level? If not, it means a lot of tension has already been built up for the potential short squeeze. If we go to 350 we may see the shorts piling up even more and reach record levels of shorted stocks (39 million if I record correctly).

The front crumple zones and compression areas look great for frontal collisions, but I wonder what happens when/if there is a large roller board in the front? (not FUD)

You are joking, right? o_O So, I'm supposed to worry about what would happen in a frontal accident if my socks and underwear came crashing through the firewall, as opposed to a 500 lb engine block crushing my legs?

You are joking, right? o_O So, I'm supposed to worry about what would happen in a frontal accident if my socks and underwear came crashing through the firewall, as opposed to a 500 lb engine block crushing my legs?

Also can't fit a large roller board in the font.

I would be covered in Chemical Guys detailing products and microfiber towels. :)

The ratcheting wrenches for my bike rack and hitch might become projectiles, though.

For the record, nobody needs to "temper" their statements by saying they DON'T think a short squeeze is imminent. It's extremely reasonable and logical to believe that one is. Seriously.

Not an advice
Ok, let's have no more talk about short squeezes here. Apparently, every time somebody fantasizes here about a short squeeze, somebody at Tesla loses a finger. We really don't want that. So zip it on the squeeze talk!

I don’t think this has anything to do with a news report on a work accident. It must have been coordinated dumping/shorting. But it’s already running out of steam and we may end up in the green again. Has the number of shorted stocks ever been so high at this price level? If not, it means a lot of tension has already been built up for the potential short squeeze. If we go to 350 we may see the shorts piling up even more and reach record levels of shorted stocks (39 million if I record correctly).

Agreed. The pattern also suggests a coordinated attempt. It dropped by 8 points pretty much instantaneously, this time on no news.

It's funny, I've started to find this rather entertaining. What new story can they find to manipulate the market next?!

Anecdotally, I talked with my two colleagues yesterday, about smog, and how EVs can't get here fast enough. I said that I was looking forward to a nice but cheap EV - Teslas are waaaay out of my league here - but they immediately started in on Teslas, how awesome they are, how their kids kids really, really wanted one, the acceleration, their friend with a Tesla who deeply loved it etc. The kicker is that we're all women, aged 40 to 55, and mostly talk about baking, clothes, family etc. You can't get any further from the even-vaguely-interested-in-cars segment.
Particularly like the part about less smog ... ;)
How about importing, is that also prohibitively taxed? Good luck!

it's going to happen. I honestly believe this will be a HISTORIC short squeeze.

(Cue Wooloomooloo to assert that I'm LITERALLY suggn Elon mouse nuts)

Status
Not open for further replies.