Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesla is too big to fail, the public outcry over this injustice could have political
Ramifications.

Elon did not commit any crime and I am glad he is fighting
The clowns at the sec .

Tesla is not too big too fail. Maybe next year if ramp and sales continues to explode.

Even clowns need to justify their jobs every now and then. Why throw a piece of steak at them? Let them find someone else. No shortage of criminals on WS.

• Disagree
Reactions: RobStark and Drax7
I am hoping this circus will stop. This is just plain nuts. It is hard for any company to innovate and be efficient when crap like this happens every few weeks. I wish EM would have taken this private or may be he should consider it doing now somehow. Too much at stake and though there is money to be made by short sellers etc, this is a never ending cluster f. This is annoying for us investors as much it is for Tesla I bet.

NYT usual hit piece.

I think this is what is bothering me the most about this whole mess, the media seems to be reveling on Elon's fall:
Business Insider - "Lawsuit secured"
CNBC - showing Elon taking a puff of the blunt on the right side of the screen, while the live SEC press conference is on the left side.
They seem to be enjoying this WAY too much.

Buy the dip and hold tight!

Wish I knew what dip to buy at. Can I borrow somebody's crystal ball???
This stock gives a new meaning to volatility...
Already been cut with that falling knife before.

I have plenty of dry powder coming, liquidating other things because this is too good of an opportunity to pass up.

Stay long, my friends.

I'd *much* rather have a car from the quarter-end rush of Q3 than the quarter-beginning of Q2. There's zero doubt in my mind that the variation in quality within any quarter is less than the variation of quality between quarters.

My car was built in Q2 month 1 (April) and it is awesome. :)

I think this is what is bothering me the most about this whole mess, the media seems to be reveling on Elon's fall:
CNBC - showing Elon taking a puff of the blunt on the right side of the screen, while the live SEC press conference is on the left side.

ICE+media are evil and their day will come. they are losing power slowly to the new world of innovation. they hate that. this is a hurdle but we will prevail long term. 100%

A big part of America wants Tesla to fail.
I don't know if it's feasible or even practical, but in my opinion Elon should consider taking Tesla to a country where it would be supported and protected against endless manipulations that have been made trough the years. This way real investors could still invest in Tesla instead of being forced out like they would with a private deal.
Perhaps a country like China, which may have many political problems but it's highly supportive of renewable energies and electric vehicles, the opposite of America which protects Oil and Gas companies at all costs. Better suggestions would be welcome.

Elon screwed up when he tweeted that crap. He definitely messed me up as I committed funds that I had absolutely no plans on committing. These funds are looking ugly now. No, I am not suing. What do you take me for? Am picking up an M3P- on Saturday instead.

With the deal refusal he is letting perfection be the enemy of the good. Love Elon, but he is not helping anyone with this behavior, most of all himself.

He is also unnecessarily jeopardizing the ultimate mission of I believe most everyone here: electrification of the global fleet, retirement of fossil fuels.

Spoke to some people with experience (noone in the SEC to be clear). Some salient points:

1). This will take no less than a year. This was described as a time frame for an aggressive SEC and a judge friendly to the SEC. If not for the fact that the SEC is obviously pushing this it would easily take three to six years. Maybe it still will.

2). Criminal charges are doubtful at this point as usually the DOJ takes the lead and the civil part is secondary. For example, that should have been a joint press conference with the DoJ. Since they are no shows as of now it appears that they are not interested in pressing criminal charges.

Really have no idea where SP is going right now, but it appears all of this may put Tesla into doubt unless the profits actually appear. Musk better be delivering on that or this sugarshow is just getting started.

Ugh, why is he making this so hard? Tesla is on the verge of real and lasting success. Did not need this to say the least.

Elon, please make me look like a complaining idiot. Get to it.
Interesting if this suit means that the DOJ probe might go away.

I'm not sure Elon actually screwed up that much. Tesla has turned into a battlefield where the war for the destiny of humanity is faught. He saw a last chance to move Tesla away from some of the attacks and made a play for it. It was a bit messy but certainly not fraudulent or based on outright lies.

I hope Elon gives this SEC nonsense as little attention as possible and focus on the good stuff. Ticket to mars anyone?

If all the institutional investors just banded together and said HOLD. This would create a solid floor. Would scare shorts who would cover.

People need to band together here and not let fear drive them. I hope Tesla had a conference call with ALL investors to create a strategy. Tesla the company is taking off and this is a time to be a part of something big.

Reactions: Scuttlebutt
Please realize he is not being sued for fraud. Everyone keeps talking about intent here, and intent doesn’t matter. He can be found guilty of recklessness.

Everyone keeps says he's not being charged with fraud, but the SEC used that term in their tweet about the case:
Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 7.54.53 AM.png

Agree.

We were at this level just a few weeks ago. I don't see a massive panic. The world is used to panicking due to dramatization in the media. Reality is often far less dramatic.

What days be these when my stock drops $30 and I just shrugg...
Previous dips were an inoculation against FUD-itis...

Status
Not open for further replies.